Does anyone else like Street Fighter: The Movie?

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I'm gonna to kick that SONOFABICH Bison ass!

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
When it came out on blu ray I rushed to get it. If Raul Julia couldn't get you to like this movie you're not human

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
To me, SF The Movie is about as cheesy as Knight Rider 2000, Mortal Kombat Annihilation and Super Mario Bros The Movie. They are all a lot more fun to watch 10 years after their release.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Fuckin' A I love the movie.

Have to admit I fucking HATED it when it came out, expecting something truly epic. But as of 2010 I hold it up there with B grade cinema exploitation (Trash Cinema) from Europe/Italy. So bad it's good.

Bhat... wecanhall go horme.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'd put the Youtube video in of the speech that Guile gives "translated" but NBC/Universal put a lock on it. "True-perrrs!"

It was a fun cheesy movie, I'd much rather watch it then MK Annihilation. It's a shame it's Raul's last film, but getting to see him one last time as an over the top villain is a real treat. It's sad that you know he's sick while he's trying to do fight moves with Van-Damme but he did a good job.

I know people will pick apart how back they messed up the characters, but unlike with MK:A I knew who everybody was. I still remember when my friend and I went to see MK:A and you get the first scene with the guy playing Shao Kahn with his mask off and NOBODY in the theater knew who the hell it was. At least SF let almost all the characters have some good screen time. I was looking forward to seeing Kabal and Stryker on the big screen, but they just get mentioned that they killed him. Then Melina, Baraka, Scorpion and Sub-Zero barley get five minute fights. But we get a really shitty CGI dragon beating up another CGI...thing. And that's fine and dandy. :oh_no:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
IIRC they left out Fei Long and I think T-Hawk too, definitely Fei Long though. Kinda bothers me how they included so many characters for the hell of it but still came up short of the full cast.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Of course I like it, are you kidding ?

It's got JCVD, lots of action, cheesy story lines and one liners, explosions and SFII characters..

This movie delivers

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member

bisondollar.jpg

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I just watched it last night, hadnt seen it since its original release. Totally cheesy, but was silly and had enough action to hold my attention. Probably won't watch it again for another 15-20 years, ha. Next up is Mortal Kombat.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
the Film is actually really sad. Raul did the film just so he could become closer with his kids. The loved video games and he wanted to connect with them by doing this movie

around 1:12 he explains.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Bump!

Article in the Guardian today that takes a retrospective look at this film in a positive light and shares some good stories via current interviews with the Director/writer De Souza and a bunch of the actors. A good read if you have any interest.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
the Film is actually really sad. Raul did the film just so he could become closer with his kids. The loved video games and he wanted to connect with them by doing this movie

around 1:12 he explains.

Never knew this, cool little fact.

The film was average at best, But ive seen much worse films made from games.

Mario Bros anyone!?

*runs for cover*

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
It's a funny movie when you're high. Also Raul Julia is the best part about that trainwreck. Has the best lines too.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
It's a funny movie when you're high.

JCVD thought so: "As he later admitted, he also came into Street Fighter with a major cocaine habit. At one stage in the 1990s, he was hoovering 10g a day; and $10,000 a week."

“'I couldn’t talk about it at the time, but I can now: Jean-Claude was coked out of his mind,” says de Souza.'"

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I saw it once in theaters and was thoroughly disappointed. Just take a look at Blanka for example. Jesus fuck.

1727942_orig.jpg

I recently watched the Street Fighter 2 anime, and it was surprisingly awesome. Gave me a new found respect for Super Street Fighter 2, which was my least favorite of the Street Fighter 2 series. The movie gives a bit of back story the better ties together regular Street Fighter 2 with the Super series.