Does anyone else like Street Fighter: The Movie?

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
The one with JCVD and Raul Julia?

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Honestly i have never seen it, just because of the bad reviews it got.I liked Raul Julia a lot and i think that Bison was his last role, just before his death.
If you can motivate me to watch it, i´ll give it a try. :D

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
It's funny in a campy sort of way, but even then, to enjoy it, one has to 1) already have watched it once and know what to expect; and 2) understand that it's not a movie about Street Fighter at all. Even though I haven't seen the movie in at-least eight years, off the top of my head...

- "I'm gonna get on my little boat...go up-river...and kick Bison's ass so hard...that the next Bison wannabe is gonna feel it. ... Now...who wants to go home...and WHO WANTS TO GO WITH ME?!?!" (cue hundreds of soldiers cheering)

- Then there's the whole "Bison dollars" thing, especially with Sagat and D. Jay thinking they got out of Bison's employ with a million dollars in their briefcase.

- The whole part where Guile is sending the video message to Bison and, thanks to him NEEDING to call his friend-out by name--"Carlos Blanca...Charlie..."--his friend gets turned into a monster.

The list goes on and on, and I think that, the more times that a Street Fighter fan watches this movie, the more hilarious it gets.

aria

Former Moderator
I saw it in theaters, got a collector's card with it that is god knows where.

It's bad, but its good bad --enjoyable cheese. It was directed by a first-time director who had made a big name as a screenwriter (so he also wrote it), and as such the movie not only has a lot of awesome corny lines, but he filmed it to emphasize his own words.

This is a great movie for a group of friends to watch --and potentially an awesome drinking game.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
It's must-have in anyones' "awesomely-bad" movie collection.

You can't blame JCVD though, it was probably the biggest payday of his career.

jon713

Camel Slug
I saw it in theaters, got a collector's card with it that is god knows where.

It's bad, but its good bad --enjoyable cheese. It was directed by a first-time director who had made a big name as a screenwriter (so he also wrote it), and as such the movie not only has a lot of awesome corny lines, but he filmed it to emphasize his own words.

This is a great movie for a group of friends to watch --and potentially an awesome drinking game.

I totally agree, bad but good bad you will get a few laughs. Fighting game movies for the most part suck ass. The new KOF movie trailer looked horrible, Tekken looked ok anyone see that?

Mk1 was good

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Its better than "...chun-li" for the dialouges alone:

"I hoped to face Guile face-to-face on the battlefield, where we could engage each other in respectful combat. Then I would snap his spine. But why? Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is to create the perfect genetic soldier. Not for power, not for evil, but for good. Carlos Blanka will be the first of thousands. They will march out of my laboratory and crush every adversary, every creed, every nation! Until the world is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And peace will reign and all humanity will bow to me in humble gratitude."

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Love it. Aside from "The room" its my favorite "so bad its amazing" film.

How are you?
Half dead
and Bison?
ALL DEAD

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
It's definitely a "so bad it's awesome" film. I should pop in the DVD again at some point.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I have a friend who mentioned he saw it on Laser Disc. I about half killed him with jealousy

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I love this hell out of SF: The Movie. Dumb as shit, but man, just a fun watch every time.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hell, yes.

I can't believe I avoided watching the movie for so many years. On the other hand, I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it back in 1994.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I remember when I first saw the movie. After school one day my mom picked me up (I usually walked or rode the bus) and surprised me by taking me to the theater. It was like 4:00 pm on a Tuesday (I don't remember the actual day but that sounds good) and it was just me, her and some random guy in the audience. Even back then I knew how bad the movie was, but I pretended that I liked it because my mom thought I was going to love it based on my obsession at the time with SF2.

I had this issue of Gamepro back then where they interviewed the director. He was hyping the movie up to be the most incredible thing ever made. He said the scene where they storm Bison's hideout was going to remind people of D-Day. I wonder if I still have that issue somewhere...

Eric

Fight On!,
It was like 4:00 pm on a Tuesday (I don't remember the actual day but that sounds good)

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday. "

Raul Julia said he did the movie because his grandchildren talked him into it.

I'm not sure why Guile is played by a Belgian but god damn it, it works.

FFantasy6

n00b
Yes, I "like" it

kylie_minogue_1994_street_fighter.jpg

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
The 90s movie is a bazillion times better than the
new chunners movie that came out.
Now that was terrible.