2018/2022 world cup draws

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
so russia has got 2018, good for them. i didn't think england had a shot at it, nor did the other two contenders being combined entrants (spain/portugal and holland/belgium) so i figured russia would have a shot. though russia being as big as it is watching all the matches might be difficult as the country covers several timezones. but i'll prolly watch it all.

and qatar won the 2022. strange i didn't think they'd win it. oh well that means the matches should all be on at a decent time of day and not the middle of the night. i wanted the US to win just so i could go see a match or two at whichever stadium in texas got it. it was japan, US, south korea, australia, and qatar. i'd have wanted the US or qatar just based on when games would be on. so it should be good.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
England will be devestated though, not getting another shot at it for 16 years :lolz:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
yep but fuck it , we beat villa yesterday and gave em a good hiding outside.so im happy with footie for now.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Something tells me Russia will be nice, to sure about Qatar, though.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the entire thing is a farce.

First off - Qatar has never qualified for a WC. They deserve no hosting. In order to host, a country must boast a team that can at least make it in. Qataris suck. 12 years won't be enough time for them to make a team that won't suck.

Quick, named you favorite Qatari player! But don't hold your breath trying to pick just one! Because you'll die.

As for Russia, that's just a slap in the face.

Two countries where the wealth gap is as vast as neighboring planets - yeah, you know that giving them money to host the games will do NOTHING for the plight for their poor. I would rather see Brazil host 3 tournaments in a row with the hope it might move people out of the favelas before seeing those oil barons in Russia and Qatar get richer with slave labor.

Yeah, slave labor. When you pay someone the equivalent of 200 euros for a month of work, you have effectively employed yourself a slave. That's how things are over there, not that the indians toiling away for the price of bird seed will care, since they will be able to see some of that money back to their family in India...

Beyond fucked.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i agree , its all political i think England didn't get it cus were just not liked. and Qatar definitely shouldn't have got it , i would have thought the u.s. or Australia would have put on a good show but what can you do its not for the little people to decide.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I'd be surprised to see some of the bigger countries get it foer thenext wee while. Hope mr bladder goes soon :D

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The Russian footie fans will love it, that's all that counts for me.

Yeah, a lot of bullshit/bribery/Russian mafia crap will go on behind the scenes, that's for sure, and the WC won't change that.

But Qatar...? Guess Blatter likes absolutist monarchies, will get him a nice wad of extra cash.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Russian footie fans will love it, that's all that counts for me.

Yeah, a lot of bullshit/bribery/Russian mafia crap will go on behind the scenes, that's for sure, and the WC won't change that.

But Qatar...? Guess Blatter likes absolutist monarchies, will get him a nice wad of extra cash.

Of course, both Russia and Qatar completely dodged any financial downturn while everyone else got hit hard and fast.

Blatter is going to be assassinated. I promise you, he won't die peacefully. Neither will his family. People take this more seriously than they should. That and FIFA gets a lot of sweatheart deals along the road to making this decision. You can be sure that England was encouraged by FIFA to give a few handjobs, and England and the other nations that tried hard to get in FIFA's pants will collect their pints of blood from Blatter and his retinue. Simply not the way to do business.

I expect more from a Swiss.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Of course, both Russia and Qatar completely dodged any financial downturn while everyone else got hit hard and fast.

Blatter is going to be assassinated. I promise you, he won't die peacefully. Neither will his family. People take this more seriously than they should. That and FIFA gets a lot of sweatheart deals along the road to making this decision. You can be sure that England was encouraged by FIFA to give a few handjobs, and England and the other nations that tried hard to get in FIFA's pants will collect their pints of blood from Blatter and his retinue. Simply not the way to do business.

I expect more from a Swiss.

:buttrock:, what a great dramatical way to put it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Beckenbauer is saying that FIFA is going to have to stage the cup in January because of the 50 degree weather in Qatar during the summer.

This is so true and I am surprised FIFA didn't consider it in advance. There is no way that the Qatar government can afford to change their climate before the tournament. Even making sure that there are "carbon neutral airconditioners" everywhere, that still won't protect people who are outdoors. Simply a terrible idea from a joke of an organization.

50 degress is seriously hot. And from my personal experience, only the poor retards who couldn't afford to leave in the summer would actually stay there during that time. Everyone else would go away to some place more reasonable.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
FIFA should have been up front about the bidding.

It's obvious that England had much more to offer in 2018, let's face it, we could hold the World Cup in a couple of weeks notice.

They should have said that the next two were going to be held off the beaten track, why didn't they disclose the real criteria rather than let us and some others go through all the facade?

Of course they hate us, so the fucks were probably laughing at us the whole way through.

How on earth did we finish last though? Even if everyone hates us you can't deny the infrastructure, history and potential of Footballs Home country.

I would rather have the world cup than the Olympics, as I hate all that shit, I hope 2012 is a right mess.

And as for Qatar, that was such a crock of shit - now they are talking about changing the time of the world cup. - Did they not even consider the climate before awarding it?

I hope that the (admittedly shitty) English media give them hell.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
FIFA should have been up front about the bidding.

It's obvious that England had much more to offer in 2018, let's face it, we could hold the World Cup in a couple of weeks notice.

They should have said that the next two were going to be held off the beaten track, why didn't they disclose the real criteria rather than let us and some others go through all the facade?

Of course they hate us, so the fucks were probably laughing at us the whole way through.

How on earth did we finish last though? Even if everyone hates us you can't deny the infrastructure, history and potential of Footballs Home country.

I would rather have the world cup than the Olympics, as I hate all that shit, I hope 2012 is a right mess.

And as for Qatar, that was such a crock of shit - now they are talking about changing the time of the world cup. - Did they not even consider the climate before awarding it?

I hope that the (admittedly shitty) English media give them hell.

Playing the world cup in the winter will not work. The winter transfer period exists for a reason, and FIFA should know this. Staging a world cup during the winter will cripple teams by fatiguing national team players and tying the hands of team managers trying to reinforce their squads at the midpoint of their season, and further, discouraging top flight players from playing to their potential before the cup. All around a bad idea.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Playing the world cup in the winter will not work. The winter transfer period exists for a reason, and FIFA should know this. Staging a world cup during the winter will cripple teams by fatiguing national team players and tying the hands of team managers trying to reinforce their squads at the midpoint of their season, and further, discouraging top flight players from playing to their potential before the cup. All around a bad idea.
see i hadn't thought of that at all. i figured they'd do it in the summer but then 50 degree heat, that's 122 farenheit. i was born and raised in texas. in the summers we get up to 100 degrees. and we'd cancel baseball practise when it got too hot. as with football, american football, and anything else outdoors. it was just too hot to be out there working out. i can't imagine what FIFA will do in that heat. and to have it during the winter is conflicting with every player's schedule. every league is in full swing in the winter months. it reminds me a bit of the ACN but the cup of nations only effects players from the respective countries and so most teams that have enough depth in their squads are fine. i assume they'll just do it during the summer and hope the quatari's build giant, roofed, airconditioned stadiums.

either way the thing that gets me about the whole qatar debacle isn't the summer heat, the possibility of rescheduling it to the winter, or the fact that they're going to build loads of IKEA flat-pack stadiums for it. no what gets me is that they're not a footballing country. they've never qualified for a WC, didn't even enter before the 80's, and you can't name any of their players. i'd have loved to see the US or australia, or anywhere else get it. at least they're countries that have teams and players that are of some world class caliber. same with japan and korea who were also vying for it. really the reason they went for qatar is beyond me and its probably surrounded in corruption and controversy.

and as for russia. well i'm certain abramovich, and his billionaire mob-boss buddies got together and bought it. but i can't fault russia on footballing terms. they play well, they qualify for tournaments, and sure they have to build stadiums and hotels and airports. but its not like they'd have a problem affording it. really i'm not too bothered about the whole russia thing. but qatar one pisses me off.