Bison (Dic) broken in HSF2?

TerryMasters

Galford's Armourer
I'm not a really big forum guy, this and maybe one other site are really the only two places I go, and I just started going to CMK recently so it leads me to believe someone here told me this. I vaguely remember someone on these forums telling me that M.Bison's charge kick was broken with CE/HF mode in HSF2. I'm dying to see evidence of this. Supposedly the kick can be used as an infinite but I haven't seen anything to support this, and I'm not saying it's untrue, I'm saying I want to see this because as strange as it sounds it could actually be a good thing. I just need to see it in action first.

Anyone up to the challenge of making a video?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
CE bison is super cheesey in CE or HSF2, don't have any videos but watch some evo videos from the years where HSF2 was played, you see plenty of him. HF bison however is not even good... nevermind broken lol.

using the scissor kicks hes got basically a infinite block string, i think its standing short short> short scissors but I don't remember. I remember in a interview jeff shaeffer was telling a story about playing CE back in the day against mike watson and mike would pin him in the corner with that string, he would go take a piss and come back to find himself still in block stun.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
With CE Bison, just going back and forth across the screen with psycho crusher is actually a decent tactic. And his scissor kick block string is just plain bullshit.

They nerfed him pretty hard in Hyper Fighting though. I think that if you block a psycho crusher, you can actually shoryuken him in between the blocked hits.

smkdan

Galford's Armourer
Youtube already has plenty, just search 'CE bison' and there's lots to see. I don't play any hyper but to add a few more:

-psycho crusher crosses up, very annoying when you get knocked down.
-psycho crusher does retarded block damage. It's 4-6 chunks of chip damage I think and it's much harder to beat than later versions.

TerryMasters

Galford's Armourer
Ok I found the videos (thanks for that), but there is something seriously wonky going on because half the time I charge the kick it does come out and the other half it doesn't.

If the combo is kick-kick-scissors kick (either short or forward) there isn't enough time for it to charge, but other times there is? It almost feels like the glitch that allowed you to stock a sonic boom. Maybe I'm charging right after the last scissors kick and that makes up for the fraction of a second of charge time it's missing... I even tried charging it on a jump kick into the double kick and it still wasn't enough time. I just actually thought two kicks were enough to charge it but I guess not.

That was testing it in MAME though, realizing my keyboard might not be up to snuff I tried it on the actual hardware and I was able to do a kick-scissors kick-kick combo that worked fine, but then fails the next time... ah well. Maybe they put a block on it. It seems harder than the MvC2 infinites. I know it's all in the timing but how hard is it to hold back, kick, then press forward and kick. I'd been looking for this for a while but it just didn't turn out to be what I hoped it was. Still good to know I suppose. Thanks again to everyone who chimed in.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I thought it was Low forward-Standing forward-Scissors Kick. The pace is slightly slower than if you were trying to actually combo, since block stun lasts longer than a hit stun.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Crossing up a rising opponent opponent with psycho crusher is what makes him so powerful. I'm not sure if it was in CE, or HSF2, but I think if you did it right it was unblockable (my memory about this is very vague, so it may not be true).

WW Guile is all sorts of beast, too.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I don't see how. He has the two-hit flash kick, which sucks several sorts of balls. WW Guile also has the standing jab xinfinity

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I don't see how. He has the two-hit flash kick, which sucks several sorts of balls. WW Guile also has the standing jab xinfinity

I don't know why either, but in match videos for HSF2 people would always use CE Guile. He's also ranked higher on the shoryuken wiki's tier list (although WW Guile is also ranked pretty high).

Two hit flash kick can be dealt with by just not using the roundhouse version.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I don't know why either, but in match videos for HSF2 people would always use CE Guile. He's also ranked higher on the shoryuken wiki's tier list (although WW Guile is also ranked pretty high).

Two hit flash kick can be dealt with by just not using the roundhouse version.

Maybe because of his bazooka knee? Don't remember if WW has that (I don't think he does). It's a good way to cover ground while retaining a charge, but I never used it.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Maybe because of his bazooka knee? Don't remember if WW has that (I don't think he does). It's a good way to cover ground while retaining a charge, but I never used it.

After doing a little research, apparently CE Guile is capable of doing more damage than WW Guile. All the other god tier characters are also CE characters too.

I'd like to hear more from someone with more experience with HSF2 though. I haven't played it since it was first released with SFAC on the Xbox.

Last edited:

Pat505

War Room Troll
Funny we had a "throw back"just for fun tourny recently and we played Hyper fighting as the main event. I got second with doing wall to wall pycho crushers. I'll tell you who's good in hyper is Ryu with his fireballs almost intant recovery. It was like a sonic boom. Although I really no nothing about either HF or CE.