Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets ::: 2.24.11

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
MMP is too JPOPpy for me. Ibara and pink Sweets have great OSTs though ^_^

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm really glad they decided to make the pack region free. I couldn't even begin to imagine the looks on workers faces at EB Games if somebody walked in and ask if they have Pink Sweets and Muchi Muchi Pork. I'm strapped for cash because of the holidays, so I hope they don't jack the price of it up. Even though I haven't seen much of either game 80 bucks for two games is a good deal.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
So is Muchi Muchi Pork easier than...lets say...MF 1.5? I'm usually not the one for these kind of shooters but MF was really good so I preordered MMP/PS for the 360. I thought Cave said no to more codefree games, whats the deal with this?

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
So is Muchi Muchi Pork easier than...lets say...MF 1.5? I'm usually not the one for these kind of shooters but MF was really good so I preordered MMP/PS for the 360. I thought Cave said no to more codefree games, whats the deal with this?

I'd say MMP is easier than MF 1.5 original, although not as easy as MF 1.5 Original Black Label.

All depends on how you control the rank. It can get brutal if you're not suiciding regularly.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Rank is basically a counter that affects difficulty. The better you're doing, the higher the counter gets and the more difficult the game becomes. Dying on a regular basis is the easiest way to keep the rank at minimum.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Care to elaborate on this rank thing?

If you've ever played Ibara or Battle Garegga (or basically any shootie made by Raizing) you've seen the rank system in action.

Basically, the higher the rank, the more difficult the game is.

Rank raises:
-Every moment the game is being played
-Every item you pick up (basically making Ibara and Garegga so that you want to only pick up certain more effective powerups) [but you want to collect all medals for score - in Pork, this is gold instead of medals]
-when you have extra lives in stock (meaning you want to play well enough to get extra lives and score well, but die to avoid having too many stocked up)

Rank lowers:
-when you die
-when you bomb

(there's a lot more to it, it's really hard to understand until you spend a ton of time with one of those games)

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Care to elaborate on this rank thing?

You get extra lives every 10 million points. If you try to keep them at or below 3 remaining you shouldn't have too much trouble. The only way to control rank in MMP is by suiciding. Bombing won't affect it but are useful for milking points on bosses, etc. So, whenever you get above 3 lives just suicide. Of course, if you want to reach the second loop, you need to 1 life the game and have 5 lives remaining, so you'll want to keep your scoring lower to help keep the rank down throughout the game.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Ok thanks :buttrock: .
Is there a similar system in MF 1.5 and I've never noticed it?

cools

New Challenger
Ok thanks :buttrock: .
Is there a similar system in MF 1.5 and I've never noticed it?

Yes but it's nowhere near as strong as in the Yagawa titles.

MF1.5 the rank system is primarily influenced by the gem counter, and only starts to become noticeable when you hit 20k gems. Dying/bombing brings the counter back down and the rank along with it.

hedorah

New Challenger
Please let this drive down the price of the PCB's. Guwange's xbla release actually did nothing to lower the pcb price :(