Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1254

Thread: New neogeo game aes ?

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by jsiucho View Post
    They should sell it to NGDev, so they can take care of it

JS
    I agree, if anything is incomplete about it they need someone more experienced to work on it. We don't need another Totc Hindenburg.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    I dunno, Warlocks of Fate didn't really look that great. Where the hell is QP? As for the sac carts I wonder what new kits they will destroy. I hope at this point they make new boxes, shells and boards.
    isn't NGDEV talking with SNK to produce new shells? Instead of destroying history, make history.
    "appleTV-like" Consolized NeoGeo MVS builder (take a look here)

If they can't find the original developer and the proto is nowhere near complete, well...at least we won't have to bet on a preorder. XD

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Alec View Post
    omg, if it would have been an auction, it would have been much higher profit for them, specially if the software is untouched. Congrats to the buyer.

Bizarre, isn't it? And this was listed on ebay weeks ago.

yeah, HOLY SHIT is all I have to say.
    It is the original 1994 version as well, not the 2000 version that N.C.I.'s release was.
    (although they are nearly identical it is still worth noting here)
    But it must have been a 'buy it now" listing and the seller surely miscalculated that the game would not be worth much based on his incorrect assumption that interest would be low on a "released" game.
    Absolutely unbelievable.
    I am still in shock.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

What are the chances of a second version of the proto popping up so soon?

What are the chances of a second version of the proto popping up so soon?
    This is, and always has been, by far the biggest danger when it comes to unreleased prototype games.
    Absolutely nobody can say with 100% certainty just how many of them are floating around in the world, mixed up and tossed among regular games (often times hidden in plain site) just sitting on dusty backroom shelves or thrown in old boxes of cartridges. The random possibility is always a very real factor to consider. There is a very fine line between priceless & worthless and when collectors (buyers & sellers alike) walk that tight rope they are always taking the ultimate risk.

For example, as I said with Ironclad, imagine if you had been holding onto the Ironclad cartridge since March of 1996, as a trophy on a shelf, and then suddenly in a New York Minute late in November of 2009, your presumed to be a one of a kind game becomes shareware. Timing isn't everything, it is the ONLY thing!

Events like this really scare the crap out of me. Completely unpredictable. It really makes you think.

And to be honest here, with all of the crazy developments and news that has been breaking lately in the NEOGEO world, it is that much more unstable. I think we have had more significant discoveries over the last 2 or 3 years then we have had in almost a decade. It seems like an average of every 2 or 3 months, more discoveries are made. With the direction we are headed in, I can only imagine where we will be in another 2 or 3 years. I predict this time in 2015, assuming the Earth is still intact, we will have at least 3 more unique lost games sitting on our shelves.
    Some men see things as they are, and say why. I dream things that never were, and say why not.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

the neo community is in shock. As SuperGun says, there can be lots of jewels getting rust on a lost place.
    Last edited by distropia; 04-02-2012 at 08:57 AM.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun View Post
    yeah, HOLY SHIT is all I have to say.
    It is the original 1994 version as well, not the 2000 version that N.C.I.'s release was.
    (although they are nearly identical it is still worth noting here)
    But it must have been a 'buy it now" listing and the seller surely miscalculated that the game would not be worth much based on his incorrect assumption that interest would be low on a "released" game.
    Absolutely unbelievable.
    I am still in shock.
    What did NCI need to do to the game, if that game was already a 100% working proto and they just put their name on the title screen that's kinda fucked.

What did NCI need to do to the game, if that game was already a 100% working proto and they just put their name on the title screen that's kinda fucked.
    No, I think you misunderstood. N.C.I. didn't mess with Bang Busters at all.
    The game didn't need anything to be done to it, and they didn't put their name on the title screen,
    or any other such thing.

Here is the timeline of the game. (a very similar history to that of Zupapa btw)

1994 -- B2B was complete and ready for release. It was location tested. It didn't do so well, perhaps as the "Bubble Bobble" genre was overdone and no longer collecting big revenues in the arcade industry. Toaplan's Snow Brothers & Snow Brothers 2, Data East's Diet Go Go, Visco's Bang Busters, Face's Zupapa, etc. The genre was too crowded. The game was shelved.

2000 -- SNK closed down, and was purchased / reorganized by another company. The new company was anxious to come up with product to show success quickly and so several older games were "resurrected", in most cases with merely the alteration of their title screen copyright lines, in order to beef up their library. Again, however, B2B was passed on.

2005 -- Xacrow comes forward with several new / never before seen screen shots of several neogeo proto games, including those of Bang Busters. These were of the 2000 version. Of course, as with anything related to Xacrow, nothing further was revealed, and the game was not really obtainable.

2010 -- N.C.I. acquires a Bang Busters proto cartridge from Visco. It is the 2000 version as well. This is the version they mass produce and release to the public. The game was 100% complete and nothing had to be done to it.

So, with regards to Warlocks, I am still as of yet not 100% certain, but I am about 99% sure that Warlocks is also a complete game. N.C.I. should not have to do anything to this game either.

That came from China, right? Crazy!

This kind of explains why you've been so negative about their future releases. Like Supergun said, Bang2 Busters was completely untampered with.

I'm pretty sure Q.P. doesn't have room for a full ground-up reprogram either. Neo Geo Freak had listed it as coming out on MVS shortly back in '97. It sounded like they were just planning to add English to that one, which is a great idea.
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 04-03-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Have any other proto carts gone at open auction in the past? How much do you think this B2B would have pulled if it wasn't listed as a buy it now?

JammaNationX

This kind of explains why you've been so negative about their future releases. Like Supergun said, Bang2 Busters was completely untampered with.
    Nah, my complaints are only really about Totc. I think B2B is a great game and a great addition to the Neo library.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

Quote Originally Posted by dan3skate View Post
    Have any other proto carts gone at open auction in the past? How much do you think this B2B would have pulled if it wasn't listed as a buy it now?
    1st question: no idea (not in the last 3 years)
    2nd: unpredictable, as every auction. My guess is 10.000+ but could also be 800... unpredictable but definitely much higher! I would have bought it for more!

Loyal Neo-Disciple

Quick update, the package (MVS cart) came in along with a bonus NGCD version (they threw in this CD for the order mess up) . I won't have time to play the game tonight (going on a trip) but just to update the transaction and not to keep the seller's reputation hanging.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by distropia View Post
    1st question: no idea (not in the last 3 years)
    2nd: unpredictable, as every auction. My guess is 10.000+ but could also be 800... unpredictable but definitely much higher! I would have bought it for more!
    For an already released proto probably not more than 200. Especially since there is more than 1 copy obviously.

Timid Neo Newbie

I received a demo from NeoGeo Development Group, a spanish group.
    I did a video from the demo of the arkanoid like game: NGEV Ark.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iovWb...x5ULRV0ANJBMI=

It's a Neo Geo CD version, but there will be an AES version of the game.

You can also read the preview on retrotaku.com (in french):
    http://www.retrotaku.com/infos-retro...u-sur-neo-geo/

You can see with this link the art box of the AES version

ネオジオ

You/them can't be serious aren't you? (about the AES version I mean)

Raiden's Valet

I think this "game" is allready known by now and everybody came to the consensus that it is a pretty big pile of shit! I mean come on a Arkanoid flash style clone? What has that to do with a Neo game? Junk it please.
    Last edited by TikTekTak; 04-09-2012 at 05:29 AM.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

The problem with this arkanoid game and the neogeo is simple and can be really seen in the video. You need a spinner/paddle to play the game.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    The problem with this arkanoid game and the neogeo is simple and can be really seen in the video. You need a spinner/paddle to play the game.
    I still don't know why they would choose to rip the sprites from the NES version instead of the better arcade version.

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

I would call it "proof of concept" that a game can be ported to the Neo, instead considering it a game with own identity.
    If this guy improve or better change completely the graphics, add levels (this seem to have only one), and all the stuff the community expect from a Neo game (e.g. animated backgrounds, bosses and more LIFE to this demo) maybe it would be accepted as a proper game.

Meanwhile is a proof of concept, an evolved "hello world" with Taito's copyright infringements.

Thread Information