New neogeo game aes ?

grimeka

NEST Puppet
I don't understand why they state "AES" version, the green boot screen shows it is MVS. The game is what could be expected from the screenshots: boring. Just a transition to the next one.

By the way, I feel their comments on FB are... how could I say? challenging.

I think the game seems very entertaining, is similar to the game dr. Mario, but perhaps the price is very expensive for the final result.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Didn't the chains use to animate(move) as shown on the 1st video they posted months ago? I really liked that; the game looks really plain without it.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
Didn't the chains use to animate(move) as shown on the 1st video they posted months ago? I really liked that; the game looks really plain without it.

lol, they probably cutted the animation out because there was no space in the cart.

ahans76

"I have delt with both Cris and Dion before when i
Does any one know when aes and mvs versions of the game ships?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They should seriously take the video down. I think it's gonna do more bad than good. That is NOT a Neo Geo game, it almost put me to sleep. Nothing arcade about it at all.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Now I'm really looking forward to it. It even has an intro. Looks complete. It looks like they did a faithful job of preserving what was there while completing it.

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Pre-Order is up, game trailer has been posted.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
They should seriously take the video down. I think it's gonna do more bad than good. That is NOT a Neo Geo game, it almost put me to sleep. Nothing arcade about it at all.

I really don't understand how people can praise their job after seing this video.
There's nothing good about it. The sound is horrible, it reminds me the C64. The animations are ridiculous, whit the characters going up and down on a black background... really? A black background? Not even the screenshots of the proto were that bad looking.

The only thing they did was to transform a proto into a crappy homebrew software. It's such a shame... I wish they would have just released the proto as it was instead of trying to build a game when they obviously don't have the ability to do it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Errr....I meant GunLord......

thanks for the heads up.

it looks good...but I wish it was a little less metroid-esque and a little more straight forward like contra or metal slug.

Still looks good though, will probably pick up the dreamcast version.

EDIT: what the heck, i actually may get that newcomer bundle w/ Fast Striker, Last Hope PB and Gunlord for 65 euros. seems like a fair deal.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I really don't understand how people can praise their job after seing this video.
There's nothing good about it. The sound is horrible, it reminds me the C64. The animations are ridiculous, whit the characters going up and down on a black background... really? A black background? Not even the screenshots of the proto were that bad looking.

The only thing they did was to transform a proto into a crappy homebrew software. It's such a shame... I wish they would have just released the proto as it was instead of trying to build a game when they obviously don't have the ability to do it.

Exactly. It looks like a C64 homebrew game. The sound and gameplay look nothing arcade. It's almost as if it was made for the 3DO.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Exactly. It looks like a C64 homebrew game. The sound and gameplay look nothing arcade. It's almost as if it was made for the 3DO.

The 3DO intro looks better than this entire game. NCI had severe problems with taiwanese programmers and they had to switch to french ones, but they should work more on the game before shipping it. Customers want polished products.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The 3DO intro looks better than this entire game. NCI had severe problems with taiwanese programmers and they had to switch to french ones, but they should work more on the game before shipping it. Customers want polished products.

Haha, true the 3DO intro is better. And I agree that it needs to be WAY more polished. I'd be pissed if I spent that much money and saw that video.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Anyone else notice in the first game play sequence the joystick sprite covers up the 2 lower left game pieces? heh.

-ack

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Anyone else notice in the first game play sequence the joystick sprite covers up the 2 lower left game pieces? heh.

-ack

Yup. That was the first thing I noticed. Good thing it isn't like that during the game.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Yup. That was the first thing I noticed. Good thing it isn't like that during the game.

That sequence with the joystick & buttons covering the lower portion of the play field was from the "attract mode", which is very common in other neogeo games so this is perfectly normal.

The large chain sprites on the sides of the screen do not appear to animate as I incorrectly assumed in an earlier post based on different screen shots showing them in different positions. I apologize if I mislead anyone, but that is what it looked like to me.

Also having a plain black background behind the characters is perfectly acceptable! Heck the characters even just being there at all is actually over the top. Please allow me to explain this all.

I think everyone is being overly critical. This isn't some "terra-shock" 1,000 MEGA modern day 2012 development team think tank working on "the next big thing" project for 2 or 3 years!

This is a small group of guys salvaging what they can in 6 months from an incomplete bit rotted 1994 unreleased 50 something meg puzzle game.

You guys are trying to apply modern day gaming standards & expectations to this game and it simply is not appropriate. This game was what it was, and N.C.I. is enhancing it slightly, while trying to maintain the programmer's original intentions. This is not easy to do and I feel we should give them some freedoms in the process, especially when you take into consideration that they are the ones who acquired it, and they are the ones who have invested in it.

I don't expect everyone to love this game. But at least try to keep an open mind. Screen shots & videos show & tell a little bit, but they don't give the whole picture. I for one still remain optimistic & excited about this game.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I am really getting pumped for this! I may actually preorder this time. I can't believe this game is going to see the light of day after so many years. It's really great that a group took it upon themselves to finish it othereise what we have would be unplayable.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This is a small group of guys salvaging what they can in 6 months from an incomplete bit rotted 1994 unreleased 50 something meg puzzle game.

You guys are trying to apply modern day gaming standards & expectations to this game and it simply is not appropriate.

I'm not comparing it to anything modern, I'm comparing it to other games on the system it is for and was intended for. Having a plain black background is NOT acceptable. Name another Neo Geo game that has a plain black background, none of them do.

MD3:
magical_drop_iii-180434-1.jpeg

Puzzled:
puzzled2.gif

Money Puzzle Exchanger:
miexchngshot1.jpeg

ToC Proto Pic, not a black screen but underwater shot which looks good
toc2.jpg

I hope not all stages are black like that, they need detail in the back and they need to work on the sound. The sound is crappy and reminds me of those Incredible Technologies type games.

Either way you want to put the good stuff in the video so people buy the game. Saying that the video doesn't show everything either means that they don't know what they're doing or you are really hoping it's better than what's in the video.

I honestly think they should have released another title before this one.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
Also having a plain black background behind the characters is perfectly acceptable! Heck the characters even just being there at all is actually over the top. Please allow me to explain this all.

I think everyone is being overly critical. This isn't some "terra-shock" 1,000 MEGA modern day 2012 development team think tank working on "the next big thing" project for 2 or 3 years!

You guys are trying to apply modern day gaming standards & expectations to this game and it simply is not appropriate. This game was what it was, and N.C.I. is enhancing it slightly, while trying to maintain the programmer's original intentions. This is not easy to do and I feel we should give them some freedoms in the process, especially when you take into consideration that they are the ones who acquired it, and they are the ones who have invested in it.

Although Xian Xi already said enough about the comparation, I would like to add the first movie they released about the game:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=167341963336860

Even there the blackground wasn't black. If you decide to change the original proto (which has background from the screens surfacing the net), at least do it to improve things...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
After watching the video the 2nd time, the sound effects are a huge problem. There isn't anything arcade about the sound effects. When you connect 4 items it just goes "blump", compare that to other Neo games like MD3, MD2, Money Puzzle Exchanger, Ghost Lop and you see what I mean.

Even the colors as well, the Neo has such vivid and bright beautiful colors and then we get something so monotone.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Keep in mind it's an unreleased game, so perhaps it never was going to measure up to those games that got released. The sound effects aren't good, but they seem to fit the game. That noise when you make a line is Genesis-y.

Still don't know where to preorder. Is it full? Neoayato.com?

Last edited:

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
Keep in mind it's an unreleased game, so perhaps it never was going to measure up to those games that got released. The sound effects aren't good, but they seem to fit the game. That noise when you make a line is Genesis-y.

It's not the unreleasd game since they stated 90% of it was reprogrammed.

Anyway preorder ended 3 months ago if not more. You are late

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Pre-orders through NeoAyato.com...

You can check maybe there's something left or they had someone who canceled a previous order

Last edited:

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
They're offering the game to the waiting list customers, since some people took down their preorder after watching the video. I can't imagine what happened to that original FB video to become this thing. I would like to think they're improving the game before shipping...

Last edited: