Neo Geo UK Fanzine - New Earth

Pinball

Kula's Candy
With thanks to Graham for making copies of New Earth available for the community to enjoy and also to Andy De Wilde at Out of Print Archive for his efforts on the digital copies. Volume 1 now available at https://t.co/OcmuLC1wmL
It's really amazing you guys have done this, though sadly the site you're using is challenging. Download zip by zip, and 1 zip (issue) exceeds the download limit for an hour. It's like broadband never happened ;-)

I don't mind if it's not free, just give me somewhere to paypal you, but this is sooo slow :-( Can't you offer a single pdf to download? I did this with a book I co-wrote, when I gave the book away.

Honestly though I'm not being ungrateful. If this is how you want it to be, fair enough.

Slyelessar

n00b
I'm glad to see this was the thread that re-booted it all. I'm going back and re-reading all of Graham's old fanzines, and catching up on the more recent ones he has sent. Although now in my 30's, I have know Graham all my life, and he even bought me my first game console (Sega Saturn). I recall playing Neo Geo, Saturn, and the like at his house in the 90's, and you could say my love of gaming has spawned from this. Galaxy Fight has remained one of my favourite games of all time, and I have a very fond place for Metal Slug.

A thank you to Frazer and others that helped to get this up and running again. Graham has been kind enough to frequent talks for my gaming channel, a large part of which involve Neo Geo discussions. We plan to do a video based on the New Earth fanzine soon. If anyone has any specific questions for me to put to Graham, please feel free to let me know and I will ask him.

Although I have had the odd Neo Geo port over the years, these talks and fanzine re-reading have given me the bug to go out and buy not only a LARGE amount of ports for my N Switch, but also finally looking at investing in a proper Neo Geo console.

Call this a thank you post for sentimentality reasons.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I'm glad to see this was the thread that re-booted it all. I'm going back and re-reading all of Graham's old fanzines, and catching up on the more recent ones he has sent. Although now in my 30's, I have know Graham all my life, and he even bought me my first game console (Sega Saturn). I recall playing Neo Geo, Saturn, and the like at his house in the 90's, and you could say my love of gaming has spawned from this. Galaxy Fight has remained one of my favourite games of all time, and I have a very fond place for Metal Slug.

A thank you to Frazer and others that helped to get this up and running again. Graham has been kind enough to frequent talks for my gaming channel, a large part of which involve Neo Geo discussions. We plan to do a video based on the New Earth fanzine soon. If anyone has any specific questions for me to put to Graham, please feel free to let me know and I will ask him.

Although I have had the odd Neo Geo port over the years, these talks and fanzine re-reading have given me the bug to go out and buy not only a LARGE amount of ports for my N Switch, but also finally looking at investing in a proper Neo Geo console.

Call this a thank you post for sentimentality reasons.

Two years later.

Your post also explains why you're leaving worthless replies in threads and bumping old shit. You want access to the marketplace. Gotta finally invest proper right?

Last edited:

Slyelessar

n00b
Two years later.

Your post also explains why you're leaving worthless replies in threads and bumping old shit. You want access to the marketplace. Gotta finally invest proper right?

Not at all, in this case my sentiments are genuine - I sell nothing and make no money online. I replied to one old relevant thread, and have asked genuine questions and responses in others. But I get that some people like to be elitist , precious, and have a right to their own opinion. New Earth is something that is dear to a number of people in the UK, and Neo Geo is something that is important to me and others within this thread.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
More interested in the Mustang wedding cars in the first post.

Slyelessar

n00b
Do you get that you're an asshole, or is your only superpower judging others?

I apologise if that's how it has came across. It's difficult when you are new to a forum and seem to be getting judged and trolled in several threads. Like most others I am here to share my love for the Neo Geo. I think it best I just ignore those sort of comments going forward.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I apologise if that's how it has came across. It's difficult when you are new to a forum and seem to be getting judged and trolled in several threads. Like most others I am here to share my love for the Neo Geo. I think it best I just ignore those sort of comments going forward.

The only love of sharing we do here is wife pics, have you got any to share?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Does Roomi count?

Is there a specific thread for that sort of thing then?

Ah, No waifu love. That's been tried and people didn't take to it. However, if you dressed as Roomi and posted erotic pics, those same people would send you private messages.