Neo Geo UK Fanzine - New Earth

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Once upon a time in the UK, in November 1994 a chap called Graham Pike from Nelson in Lancashire started a Neo Geo Fanzine called New Earth. UK members may recall seeing issues for sale at Raven games or Loaded Consoles. Anyhow, there were 47 issues in total, they ran from November 94 to December 98 and for a home made fanzine they were pretty good.

I once met Graham and bought various neo posters and the like from him as well as several issues of the fanzine. Anyhow, I think I sold those copies back in 2002 but the recent thread on 'was there a neo-geo magazine' prompted a search to see what I could find. I still have some letters from Graham - hand written stuff from way back but thanks to Unite2k (Cedric) we have a couple of copies for download.

Once issue is from 95 and one from 96, they are available here:

http://www.fordmustangwedding.co.uk/scans/NewEarth1995.tif
http://www.fordmustangwedding.co.uk/scans/NewEarth1996.tif

It's a shame Graham moved from his original address in around 2002 as I reckon he will still have the originals. If we could track him down (I think he's in the Colne area of Lancashire), it would be great to a get a complete print run.

Anyhow, enjoy and thanks again to Unite2k

Cheers,

frazer99

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I never heard of this before,very interesting - thanks for posting that :).

KoF 96 is coming and Metal Slug was released two months ago...
Ah, the good old days of new home releases - i really miss that :crying:.

unite2k

Cheng's Errand Boy
Frazier, cheers for posting them!

I was really pleased to have dug them up a few days ago at my parents house. I'm still looking for a Spinmaster kit which mysteriously vanished, as well a collection of MVS Marquees.

Another lead to find more would be Lee at Video Game Imports, he gave me these copies of New Earth when he was running Loaded Consoles in the early 90's.

twilight

Armored Scrum Object
thanks.

I know Raven games are still around, what about loaded consoles? I remember their
adds in Edge magazine and I'm pretty sure I phoned them a few times aswell...

bwi

20 Year Member
Lee from loaded started getting into trouble around 2001, i remember he had some issues with people not receiving their MOTW they ordered off him.

I bought a home system off him and also a NGCD later on, though i had to do some pretty radical things to actually get him to send the damm thing.

pity really

bri

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Yeah something went seriously wrong with Loaded consoles around 2001-2 i'm not sure what but the service and quality of games took a nosedive. I have to say my experiences of VGI have been all good.

I'll drop a line to Lee and see whether he still has any copies of the fanzine.

frazer99

twilight

Armored Scrum Object
I bought an old issue of Edge last week and there is a loaded console add, neo geo cd with fatal fury 2 for £399.99 or art of fighting pack for £389.99!

There is also a full page official neo geo cd add. I'm trying to track down the issue with the neo cd on the cover.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
I bought an old issue of Edge last week and there is a loaded console add, neo geo cd with fatal fury 2 for £399.99 or art of fighting pack for £389.99!

There is also a full page official neo geo cd add. I'm trying to track down the issue with the neo cd on the cover.

Whats the issue number???, i have the complete run i'll take a look.

Edit - the Neo CD review your on on about is issue number 15(i think) it has a white cover. i know this has i lent it to a friend and he moved away and so did the mag:annoyed:

Last edited:

twilight

Armored Scrum Object

The one I bought was March 1995 (I remember picking up this when it came out, man I was only a kid..), with the Atari logo on the front, red background and white atari logo.

twilight

Armored Scrum Object

Edit - the Neo CD review your on on about is issue number 15(i think) it has a white cover. i know this has i lent it to a friend and he moved away and so did the mag:annoyed:

ah damn!

Heath

, cheyne stoking
The one I bought was March 1995 (I remember picking up this when it came out, man I was only a kid..), with the Atari logo on the front, red background and white atari logo.

Thanks, think i know which one you mean.

grayn

n00b
Hi there.

Very, very late but I am Graham and did New Earth, way back when.
Still have the originals up in the attic, somewhere.
I eventually sold all my Neo stuff but have never bought a console since, that gave me that buzz, the Neo did.
Recently found out how many NG games were available on the PS4.
So got one and am re-living the glory days.
Nothing beats Soccer brawl, Mutation Nation, Pulstar, Galaxy Fight, Baseball Stars 2 etc etc.
Great that a forum like this, still carries the magic on.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I know it's time consuming, but it might be a good idea to scan them and publish them on archive.org for posterity. It would be a shame to simply let years of work go forgotten. It would also give us, people who never had the chance to read the zine, the possibility of experiencing this niche publication.

grayn

n00b
That's a good idea.
I'd love to read them again, myself.
I'll definitely look into it.

Cheers for the idea.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I like how you respond in separate individual statements

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
Hi Graham

If you could get these magazines scanned in it would be fantastic! I would love to see them and they are part of Neo Geo history.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
That's a good idea.
I'd love to read them again, myself.
I'll definitely look into it.

Cheers for the idea.

it's nice to let your self known, mate, and welcome. i would also really like to know what this is. if you ever scan them, be sure to post them here as well.

grayn

n00b
I'm keen to get it done but it'll be after Xmas now.
Gotta delve into the mass of stuff in my attic, too.
The more I play these old games, the more I get that old Neo feeling.