Streets of Rage 2...

JRedmond3

NEST Puppet
Anyone able to beat this with no deaths on the higher difficulties? I can do it on easy/normal, I've never played the hard difficulty but I have tried hardest and mania. It's been a while but I think I can make it to the 7th level elevator before dying on those. The jets on level 5 are annoying, if I remember right there's 2 or maybe even 3 at once on mania. Level 7's easy except for the elevator from hell.

Level 8 is another nightmare, mainly the parts with Zamza and then the Ultimate Warrior. The kickboxers +small space + faster running speed(seems like it anyway) makes it soul crushingly difficult.

Shiva is sort of easy. If you screw up you'll pay for it though. Mainly you just have to make sure he tries to hit you with a Final Crash then cancel with a Grand Upper and immediately do another whenever he lands. Mr. X is easy too but he's got so many life bars it's sort of difficult not to screw up at some point.

twilight

Armored Scrum Object
I find it hard enough playing the game on normal difficulty !

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
With Axel, using the grand upper, it's really easy on normal difficulty.

Anything higher than normal is where it becomes extremely challenging to 1cc.

JRedmond3

NEST Puppet
With Axel, using the grand upper, it's really easy on normal difficulty.

Anything higher than normal is where it becomes extremely challenging to 1cc.

Yeah, I tried Mania and level-skipped to lvl 8 just to see and got my arse handed to me. The damn kickboxers make Ultimate Warrior a pain. If I had a controller to use with an emulator it might be doable, definitely need to be able to break down and practice the tough sections on levels 5/7/8 to be able to do it.

Nakoruru.Leona

Quiz Detective
Hi I'm little bit confused about this game title, do you mean this game is "Bare Knuckles" Sega game in Japanese ? :glee: :glee:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
I played this so much, Normal is so easy, and I use Blaze. Well it's easy with anyone, even without adjusting lives. But yes Mania is super hard.

One thing I learned from the #1 Streets of Rage 2 fan in the world I met on XBLA (he's from France), is that you can avoid damage from throws by pressing up as you are thrown, you'll land on your feet.

Nakoruru.Leona

Quiz Detective
I played this so much, Normal is so easy, and I use Blaze. Well it's easy with anyone, even without adjusting lives. But yes Mania is super hard.

One thing I learned from the #1 Streets of Rage 2 fan in the world I met on XBLA (he's from France), is that you can avoid damage from throws by pressing up as you are thrown, you'll land on your feet.

I'm little bit confused, is blaze a yellow shirt boy ? or a girl with red outfit ?

I used to play the yellow shirt boy, more agility and flexible to avoid attacks

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Axel. white and blue clothes
Max, big guy
Skate, yellow shirt skater
Blaze, red clothes

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
all you need to to in street knuckle is rent a car

but really, anything over hard for me on this game = deaths

Nakoruru.Leona

Quiz Detective
Axel. white and blue clothes
Max, big guy
Skate, yellow shirt skater
Blaze, red clothes

Oh yeah I remember... I love to play yellow shirt, I think his name is Adam in Japanese Version, overall thanks for telling me ;)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Oh yeah I remember... I love to play yellow shirt, I think his name is Adam in Japanese Version, overall thanks for telling me ;)

We called him Alvin in the US version.

Alvin was the second cousin of Skate and Adam - he was only selectable if you hacked your own version of SoR2 and shit.

Pretty hardcorps.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
One of my favorite games of all time, but I have a hard enough time with it on normal difficulty, in the later levels.

Chris

Nakoruru.Leona

Quiz Detective
We called him Alvin in the US version.

Alvin was the second cousin of Skate and Adam - he was only selectable if you hacked your own version of SoR2 and shit.

Pretty hardcorps.

woah... I have never heard of that... specially was in megadrive... is that a genesis version ? :conf: :conf:

beatrixx

n00b
I have played it but not getting a command to play. Anyhow there is a biggest change, that is the replacement about the special attack, the original one. Bad is that it calls the police car to damage all on-screen enemies:hammer:
sticker printing chicago