Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie Vs. Robotech: The Macross Saga

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I just heard that Scrambled Valkyrie and the GBA Robotech game are more or less the same game. I've also heard that Robotech isn't a bastardization of its three original series :oh_no:, so I'm not sure if I should believe this. Has anyone played both? I think SV is going to be the next Super Famicom game I'm going to buy, so I'd rather not buy both and be kicking myself for having near-duplicates.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I just heard that Scrambled Valkyrie and the GBA Robotech game are more or less the same game.

Hells no. Scrambled Valkyrie is a much, much better game. Doesn't really capitalize on the Macross license too well, but a good game in its own right even if you're not a Macross fan.

Macross vs. Robotech debates never die. :lolz:

Personally I like them both. I saw Macross first, and I do think Robotech is a "bastardization" of the original animes... but Robotech has somewhat of a charm of its own. Now Power Rangers.... nothing good about that. Totally bastardized the Super Sentai tradition with absolutely no positive points. :D imho of course...

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Ah, thanks for the info. Good thing I didn't buy Robotech.

Yeah, I was being mildly sarcastic about Macross Vs. Robotech, though I do like Macross a million times more than Robotech. I want to pick up the DVD release of Maspeada (one of the 3 series within Robotech) soon.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Hells no. Scrambled Valkyrie is a much, much better game. Doesn't really capitalize on the Macross license too well, but a good game in its own right even if you're not a Macross fan.

Macross vs. Robotech debates never die. :lolz:

Personally I like them both. I saw Macross first, and I do think Robotech is a "bastardization" of the original animes... but Robotech has somewhat of a charm of its own. Now Power Rangers.... nothing good about that. Totally bastardized the Super Sentai tradition with absolutely no positive points. :D imho of course...

THIS.
Ah, thanks for the info. Good thing I didn't buy Robotech...
Well, I wouldn't say that.

I enjoy GBA Robotech quite a bit for what it is. It is no 'luda II on iPhone, yet fun never the less. Was worth the fiver it cost to get it loose, liked it so much I sought out the CIB copy with SD Valkyrie figure.

Congrats on getting Scrambled Valkyrie.

8^)