SF3: Third Strike Online Edition

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I also scored a sick ass 20 inch flat screen tv at a thrift store for 10 bucks. Shit is awesome, has component and s video. I wanna see how 3S looks with the component set up running through the PS3.

Do take pics, that sounds sweet.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Complex:
I do not own it yet, and its clear that I dont based upon every post i've made.
I hate that I'll have to ban a character. GGPO was not perfect either, stupid shit was good on GGPO. Urien had a whole separate style with metallic spheres. That is not viable. Secondly, I played 2DF 3S.

People need to stfu about parrying supers like its some dick measuring contest. You guys have the totally wrong idea of this game if you are playing solely for that reason.

Last edited:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
I think you got the wrong idea... I dont think people are dick measuring so much as they are offering some proof that the game isn't as broken as clinger-ons are claiming.

Ive played a fuckload of people and right now I have to say the overall level is really low. Hopefully more people will start getting on there and backing it up... or maybe I am just playing at the wrong time. Of the good characters I have played, Yun's definitely enjoyed the majority along with Akuma.

I'm not hating on it... it can be frustrating getting ropadoped by limp wrists who are nowhere near as good as you are due to the awful lag at times but that's life. Im just happy to be playing it with strangers and I really do think the overall level will get higher as more people get used to it and new kids spend time playing it.

Last edited:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Grave; I sent you a game invite on PSN homes. Im going to send you a friend request tonight though so we can see when each other are actually on and negate the guess work.

lets try again tomorrow night to get up and get some games... I'll be home the same time and on playing for a couple of hours at least.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Complex:
I do not own it yet, and its clear that I dont based upon every post i've made.
I hate that I'll have to ban a character. GGPO was not perfect either, stupid shit was good on GGPO. Urien had a whole separate style with metallic spheres. That is not viable. Secondly, I played 2DF 3S.

People need to stfu about parrying supers like its some dick measuring contest. You guys have the totally wrong idea of this game if you are playing solely for that reason.
man I think you took my post as a attack on you, it was nothing like that. my post was trying to explain that people are getting carried away and judging the game way too fast, blaming converter and display lag on the game. I only mention parrying full supers because it's not something I can do in lag, just like I mentioned hit confirms. I don't think parrying super's is impressive, and I don't parry very well in general, I will never brag regarding third strike :)

the point is I can parry chun li's super in training mode easily on ps2, then I can flick the ps2 off and immediately parry the same super consistantly on ps3 with no adapting process, I even get tricky shit like akuma's jab reset to ground pound super in the corner with the same frequency. I had no problem doing urien's buffered shoulder tackle juggles in the corner for his trials either.

about gill, it's just like ps2/dreamcast, hes availible if hes unlocked and not banned in vs mode (friendly matches online) but hes never availible in ranked.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah man, let's do that!

I've been playing for a while now and think the game runs great online. Way better than SFAC on XBL back in the day. I'm very happy and although is not pixel perfect per say, I can still play it smooth enough, I don't parry no supers yet but I don't really have to, I've been doing well but then again it could be what Tango says, the level is low.

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
The only major issues I imagine they will patch soon is the glitches in the disconnect percentages (a friend of mine has 100% disconnects and hes has never disconnected before lol)

and the terrible ranked matchmaking that takes forever and never finds green pings.

Reality Check

World Hero
You can use gill online? WTFFFFFF

Anyone dumb enough to say thats okay knows dick about fighting games. Gill is way to good to be playable in matches. This game is sounding like shit already, and I don't wanna dance around frames, if I parry and its not perfect, screw it. I need near lagless perfection to utilize urien, or I'll start using dumber set ups by default, I dont like what I've heard so far.

I was really excited for this, but having gill usable in game will ruin playing this with randoms. Imagine that shit with lag. Hes a fucking stun machine, in any corner he can stack cFP's, and headbutt juggle set up's to juggle, get a full ass meter doing it, and be a unreal. His seraphic wing SA is gonna be a chip tool from hell, and resurrection serves as great insurance, even if you jab him out of resurrecting.

Stupid shit. I'll be online soon, if it has natural delay even on CRT, I'm quitting day one. I can hang with anything and play good enough, once there's delay in consistent matches. I'm quitting with randoms.

Gill won't be a problem if you host lobbies with him banned. No one yet has caught on to his bullshit since it seems only SF4 scrubs pick him to get an easy win. And all they do is mash his pokes. Baiting punishes puts down any douche that tries to derp with Gill

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
It's this exact attitude that makes me even less inclined to buy the game, because I know 80% of the randoms will act JUST like this. I know in a tourney-esque scene minimal trashtalk is going to happen, but people take that shit entirely too seriously and it just ruins it.

Since you aren't done being a dick, I'm going to point out that you're doing it wrong if you can't parry a super, and no I won't play you because your attitude isn't worth spending the money on.

You don't have to be able to parry a whole super to play SF3. There's a thing called blocking which works too.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It's this exact attitude that makes me even less inclined to buy the game, because I know 80% of the randoms will act JUST like this. I know in a tourney-esque scene minimal trashtalk is going to happen, but people take that shit entirely too seriously and it just ruins it.

Since you aren't done being a dick, I'm going to point out that you're doing it wrong if you can't parry a super, and no I won't play you because your attitude isn't worth spending the money on.

The solution to this is simple, play each other and watch grave beat your ass down. Mr I can parry whole supers on my DC port.

I'm too good for this port! It's not up to my incredible skill level!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
man did you really expect to hear anything good about this game? have you ever heard anything good about any new game? theese people bitch... it's all they do, it's the best online 3s your going to play and gill is only in online matches if you allow him to be.

seriously, one legit player peeps about input delay and paranoia and placebo effect runs wild and everyone thinks the game sucks. I can parry great, I DO parry full supers on and offline, I can hit confirm online and everything. it's playable, far far better than marvel 3, possibly better than SFIV. If this version is laggy to the point that you can't parry or do combos, your display or controllers are laggy. If lag exists it is a insignificant ammount.

^

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I played the shit out of this game all day!!! There is nothing wrong at all. I had trouble with the parrying... I only played it on my DC and PS2 with gamepads before. The timing is different oppose to playing it on the previous systems. I tell you what though... I beat the shit out of Gill with Chun Lee first try with an arcade stick on the 8 stars with the 360 without sweating it. Best I have ever played 1P on this game, period!!!

Also, best beat ass rap song title screen shit since fucking ever. "Real" rappers should be embarrassed!!!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Had some good games with IsamuBlue last night. I'm really loving this version so far.

I can't comment on the input lag situation because I'm not good enough to actually notice it haha. I had no problem with the first 5 parry trials though.

edit:

Add me for some games I need to get my Q on:

PSN: IronTiger81
LIVE: Skink517

Last edited:

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I fired this up last night and I must admit the port is impressive. The arcade monitor/scan line option looks like shit though. It looks like someone is filming a match off an arcade cab using a camcorder from 1993. The widescreen/sharp option looks good though. The scanline/arcade option should look like the arcade version does on my Impress, not the shit we got. Oh well, at least the other filters look good.

One of my first matches was against Chun-Li and I lingered on the 2nd round as long as possible for the awesome music. My Dudley is rusty but I'm sure I will get the hang of him again.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'll be on (ps3) - handle is obesus. Send me some friend invites and if you're lucky I'll ragequit on you. :emb:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Wow, what a surprise... People that don't have the game are bitching about how it controls/plays. I think I'll listen to the dozens in this thread that have it and are playing it to death first... I messed with the demo last night for a good hour. Loving it so far. It feels good to me. I am really digging the little leveling up type challenges they put in as well. I'm just trying to decide on grabbing it now, or waiting for the inevitable sale. I've got a ton to play at the moment that I probably should sit down with first, but I'm really digging this.

Last edited:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Kernow!

Send me an invite dude... SevenStarFist. Lets play!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
EG I'll be on maybe around midnight on PS3 (PSN SNKZato1). If I'm playing deadspace just shoot a message and I'll hop on.

Beat all the beginner parry challenges and did some other trials too. Not gonna lie, this game is showing a lot of my weaknesses from SFIV. Some of it is different move properties, but some of it is really me doing shit that worked in IV, but won't in III. I'm loving learning the difference and realizing I have a lot to learn. I'm gonna nerd out here and say learning SFIII is Goku in 10x gravity training.

So yea, if I'm on EG lets do some sets, beat my ass and tell me what I need to do.

I notice no lag, people will believe there is lag if they say it is. The whole input lag issue is so over emphasized its silly.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
well sounds good from you jerks.. I just need to get a new stick soon, thinking of the chun li one. God, finally 3S can be played online legally.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
sirlin is a moron and should have his mouth glued shut. That guy acts like hes winning tourneys every day. Half of his shit is ill educated drivel.