SF3: Third Strike Online Edition

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Good to hear it's playing fine on CRT. I was worried that it would be in forced widescreen on my ol' 32 inch. I saw on Eventscrubs they had a sample video of an online match posted to Youtube. Not sure about having to make a separate channel, but video converts to 240p max. Bet you one of the DLC options will be to upload in HD.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Good to hear it's playing fine on CRT. I was worried that it would be in forced widescreen on my ol' 32 inch. I saw on Eventscrubs they had a sample video of an online match posted to Youtube. Not sure about having to make a separate channel, but video converts to 240p max. Bet you one of the DLC options will be to upload in HD.

Disappointing that they didn't at least upload videos at 360p or 480p. Found some on YouTube that users have already put up and they don't look bad at 240p, but it's a shame Capcom didn't spring to make sure they looked better. This isn't 2006 anymore; match videos shouldn't have to be low-res.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Got the game yesterday for PSN, was checking on it constantly, got a new Tetris (Really awesome Tetris BTW) for PSN to pass the time while waiting for the PSN release. I had a few buddies here so I didn't get to play online 'cause we were celebrating the release with local matches. I'm ready though! I'm also getting it on XBL.

SO, let's get dangerous bright and early! Tag is electricgrave on both networks, look me up and witness what true power means.

3s was never that great on PC GGPO so I think this is the best way to play 3s online right now.

That's exactly how I feel.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'll be on this afternoon and tonight if you want to try and escape

Silky Johnson

Zero's Tailor
LWK, some users are reporting OFFLINE input lag. Are you guys having that sort of issue or is it just too much AE addiction?

(The game is not yet available on EUR PSN Store, so we have to wait a little more...)

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I played with my friend in America who owns a Third Strike arcade kit.

No input lag besides the online lag form Japan to America.

I played a bunch on arcade mode and versus with people close to me. I can't detect any input lag. I'm no expert, but I've played a crap ton of Street Fighter Three.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Anyone know how to turn on the remixed music tracks? I can't find any options for it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm having lunch with friends but I'll be coming home soon and then I'll log in and see who's up for some games. I should be home within the hour.
I'll be on this afternoon and tonight if you want to try and escape

I need to escape, take me with you Wes! I wanna see how far my ST game can take me on this.

Last edited:

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
fubarduck was saying that and hes credable so I won't say there is no delay, but playing on my CRT it feels okay. it can't be THAT bad, I did the evo moment 37 trial and shit.

online it's pretty good, 3s was never that great on PC GGPO so I think this is the best way to play 3s online right now.

haha I couldn't get past parry trial #3. I'm that bad at TS.

I didn't notice lag. There is preset input delay (set at 2 frames) that can be reduced to 0. I think people are just pissing and moaning over nothing.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Agreed. Now if anyone is interested in having some matches, let's fucking go! electricgrave

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
grave we're playing tonight. Ill be home from work at about 8 30 Pacific time.... you be on then?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm on the east coast so that will be like 11:30, no problem, I'll be there.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
word. If you get on in the meantime send me a friend request; SevenStarFist

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Seth is full of crap. Like Orochi, I couldn't get past Parry Challenge #3, but I fired up my Dreamcast (same TV) and tried to Parry a Shoryuken and had no problem doing it whatsoever. Glad I only grabbed the demo, I'll wait for it to be fixed.

not saying the game is flawless, but dreamcast is the last version you should be comparing to man, that one is much further off than this one.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
people complaining about this is really irritating me. If it does lag, its on offline mode? Big deal... there are 3 other console versions of this game available to play. In my mind, this game was made to support online functionality and I am totally happy with the results. Could it be better? Sure. But for fucks sake people... be thankful we even got it.

Bumped into a dude at the BART station this AM who I play with from time to time and he bombarded me with a diatribe about lag and started dropping "credible" names who support this theory. I really wanted to slap his face off because firstly it's just ridiculous and secondly it was way to early in the AM to be hearing all that.

People will always hate on some shit, you can never make everyone happy. People can either play and shut up or play another iteration of the game. So sick of console arguments and fanboyism and this is only more fodder and fuel for nerd rage.

Personally, I had no trouble whatsoever doing any of the challenges. And frankly I find it suspect how many people say they could not do parry challenge #3 specifically. In just this short day so far I have heard 6 different people say the same exact thing about the same exact challenge. Makes me wonder how many people actually know what they are talking about and how many people are just trying to sound like they know what they are talking about and are parroting what other people have said.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Don't fret Tango, whining is what this place is known for, winning not so much.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
For me I guess it's "Ignorance is bliss" because I never noticed input lag in any of the home port versions of Street Fighter. I can only do the first two parry trials, but then again I could never do it to begin with. Most of the time I parry it's on accident. Even if I try to parry a normal projectile I still screw it up. It's insane watching Desk do Evo Moment 37 ONE HANDED.

I'm really happy with the game so far. Haven't played it online yet, but when some folks hop online tonight I'll try it out. Don't feel like getting random hate mail from people regardless of if I win or loose. The worst is when you get it from somebody that beats you. I like being able to unlock music and artwork and just with the extra trials and mini achievements its still the best home port of 3S.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You're all weak! I'll flesh you out, come on and bring me pain if you dare!

jon713

Camel Slug
I just downloaded it today and its really nice looking. The online lags like a mofo but thats just the way it is. I notice a slight difference between the arcade version and this new ps3 port. I just sold my arcade setup a few days ago so it was fresh in my mind. Maybe its the controller, who knows but It does feel a little different.

I'm using the SF4 Tourney stick, anybody else using that? Maybe its just me...

Here's my PSN, if anybody wants to play: MODY80

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
Hit me up on XBL and watch some replay with me so I can get the damn achievement, lol