SF3: Third Strike Online Edition

Neccros007

n00b
Would you rather....

Play SF3: Third Strike Online Edition on a console or Play SF3: Third Strike through Fightcade??

Just curious on peoples opinion of these 2 options

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
SF3 OE 360 > SF3 OE PS3 > FC

360 is the best way to play it online. PS3 version is good too, but you can feel the difference between 360 and ps3. FC is cool for most fighters, but it has trouble with the cps3 games. But its better than nothing

Neccros007

n00b
What issues does FC have with CPS3 games??? If anything I'd think because they are using an older version of FBA...I could be wrong

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
just runs at a different speed and the lag is very apparent. I play on all three. I play alot on fc with friends. ive played on fc then right after jumped on 360 the difference was like noon and midnight

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
yeah. Its not so bad if your playing head to head, but the minute you go online is when you feel it.
Plus you get the blinds everynow and then on fc. Which due to it being glitchy. There are some extra roms available that fix the blind problem and there is another one that will disable music/sound so the game can run smoother online. The fact that there are modified roms for it tells you its not running @ 100%

blinds.png

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
What issues does FC have with CPS3 games??? If anything I'd think because they are using an older version of FBA...I could be wrong

Fightcade is still running most of it's games on the original GGPO software from '09. They are working on a major update that will fix 3rd Strike and allow more games to be played, but since this is being done for free during someones free time there is no telling when it will be released.

Neccros007

n00b
Fightcade is still running most of it's games on the original GGPO software from '09. They are working on a major update that will fix 3rd Strike and allow more games to be played, but since this is being done for free during someones free time there is no telling when it will be released.

From the GGPO panel at EVO it sounds like the whole netcode was reverse engineered and thats how FC was created...

Was it improved when it was reversed engineered? or did he just copy it 1 to 1 performance wise?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
From the GGPO panel at EVO it sounds like the whole netcode was reverse engineered and thats how FC was created...

Was it improved when it was reversed engineered? or did he just copy it 1 to 1 performance wise?

When I 1st got on they said it was the same as GGPO except if they added games. Again the new update would change that.

neomeo

New Challenger
Many people say Third Strike Online edition is the best. It's definitely not easy putting a cps 3 system together. I wouldn't want to put a system together for just one game. But what are PCBs?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Are you going to answer yourself and bump every old thread?