SF3: Third Strike Online Edition

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm in the same boat with 3rd Strike. I don't have any mains. I'm reasonably competant with every character though not great at any. This is a result of only playing on random select for 10 years or more. Me and my mate using playing cards to pick characters and play 1st to 10 wins. It will never get old for us.
I love playing on random, I know it diminishes growth with a character you want to main but it's fun to get surprises and adapt to them.

Orochi, graphical updates? Oh noes! Hopefully we're not talking about a mere filter. If they could just do a bicubic pixel count they could easily maintain the aspect ratio intact and then proceed to enlarge to accommodate the widescreen aspect of current gen. I'm not a guru when it comes to this things but I've played enough emulation and done sprite work and some editing to know it can be done. Personally I don't need any filters but I'll take whatever they come up with. SF3O is better than no SF3O period.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
God, I'm going to knock the rust off of Alex to give my ng.com peeps some serious beatdowns. I think I actually have a video of me playing genjiglove from 2004 or something lol. Man, that was such a badass game to be able to play online and I'm glad they're bringing it back

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
God, I'm going to knock the rust off of Alex to give my ng.com peeps some serious beatdowns. I think I actually have a video of me playing genjiglove from 2004 or something lol. Man, that was such a badass game to be able to play online and I'm glad they're bringing it back

Of all the videos to save, you probably have one of me losing in some spectacularly scrubby fashion haha. Is it that one where you killed me with Alex with cross up stomps over and over again? I remember people doing that online and I could never fucking block it lol. I'm not great at the game now or anything but I was so bad at it when we were playing it back in the day over Live. It was a lot of fun though.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Of all the videos to save, you probably have one of me losing in some spectacularly scrubby fashion haha. Is it that one where you killed me with Alex with cross up stomps over and over again? I remember people doing that online and I could never fucking block it lol. I'm not great at the game now or anything but I was so bad at it when we were playing it back in the day over Live. It was a lot of fun though.

Nah, man, I don't remember. I do remember that I was using stungun headbutt lol. I can't find the video though...mother fuck

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I seem to remember you also recording a match between us where you were Dudley and you killed me with the rose taunt as I threw a fireball at you. Does that sound familiar?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah, I remember that too. I really can't wait for this game to come out. That really was some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'll do some alex mirrors with you. I used to his him for fun.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
What were you doing? Wtf was I doing? Man that video makes me cringe. Seemed like you weren't having any trouble parrying so lag must not have been too bad but I distinctly remember trying to block all of those stomps and yelling "WHAT THE FUCK!" after that round ended haha.

Good times either way, I miss those days haha. I'm...slightly better now.

LWK: Buy a 360 as soon as this game comes out plz.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Here's some old matches of my urien

And a RX combo I did on gouki for shits.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh man those videos are nice! Both of you guys play great! Genjiglove you did allright man don't feel bad, hey at least you had a good second round. Great stuff you guys! Unfortunately I have no videos to show. I hope you guys get to record some new videos with this new release though.

I can't wait!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I think that shit of mine was recorded in 07.. I do way to many RH tackle's on gamble. I'm much more critically focused now in terms of my risks I take.

I had a huge kara demon tutorial I immediately removed from youtube because I made one tiny speaking error.

Anyone have interest in seeing that tutorial? I could redo the entire thing, brighten it with better captioning and re-release it. So many other tutorials already though..

I got the old edit files.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
By the way, LWK have you ever met Ken I. before? I've been listening to this guy on the podcasts I mentioned earlier and he sounds like the weirdest guy ever.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, I've beaten him at AI. Hes good with makoto and yang. Hes not a weirdo, he's just really shy.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I didn't mean it in a bad way though, I think hes actually pretty funny. That whole 3S scene seems like it is full of cool people, I wish I lived near something like that.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
3S scene was cool. Sad AI died.

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Here's a little progress;
http://p.twipple.jp/S3S7E

Without being able to see it in the proper context, I think it actually looks pretty awesome. If it looks like shit when it's all said and done though, I hope they (Capcom) at least have the foresight to make turning the smoothing off an option. I'm personally still more curious about what they plan on doing with the aspect ratio... can't imagine playing 3s in 16.9. But so long as the online is well-supported and people get behind it, I'll take it how I can get it.

Curt

apostate
Here's a little progress;
http://p.twipple.jp/S3S7E

Without being able to see it in the proper context, I think it actually looks pretty awesome. If it looks like shit when it's all said and done though, I hope they (Capcom) at least have the foresight to make turning the smoothing off an option. I'm personally still more curious about what they plan on doing with the aspect ratio... can't imagine playing 3s in 16.9. But so long as the online is well-supported and people get behind it, I'll take it how I can get it.

I don't like it. (the smoothing)

The smoothing ALWAYS looks bad... I can't imagine why newbies ask for that shit... I'm sure it'll be able to be switched off...

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
I don't like it. (the smoothing)

The smoothing ALWAYS looks bad... I can't imagine why newbies ask for that shit... I'm sure it'll be able to be switched off...

No kidding. Its hard to say how it will look when it is actually animated and against the smoothed backgrounds, but I suspect it will look alot like a photoshop filter. I dont think it looks terrible but I have doubts still how the finished product will look.

Hey you live in SF dont you man? Have you been down to southtown arcade? Its on Stockton right by the stockton tunnel (union sq. side) next to the stairs that lead up to Bush St. and the Tunnel Top bar. You should go check it out and support them if you're into it.... all japanese cabs with pretty much all fighters, including 3s and the new KoF.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I don't like it either and I'm pretty sure that picture isn't a good representation of what they're trying to do. Weren't we supposed to be blown away by the graphics? Yeah that can't be it.