SF3: Third Strike Online Edition

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Urien is a modification like gill. He has no race/culture. I think he's mostly associated with roman or greek by his move style.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You are all supergay and I'm starting to loose faith...

Haven't played in forever, been too busy with the old magic game, I wanna complete it before I get the new one but I'll be in soon to show you all why Urien's thong is a symbol of strength and gargantuos selfsteem.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
WNF going down again tonight. Hopefully more players come out.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Go ask striderzer0 for it. Footage of me exists, but I don't know where it is, since hes only upped marvel related stuff. He said he might toss it to shogo, and I have no idea where his space may be. I might hit him up on SRK.

theres a vid of me vs hung bee and another of me losing to paul lee.

Last edited:

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
So apparently that mythical patch is finally out. Read over on Srk that the game is much less laggy now. Anyone playing it again?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I played it yesterday. No patch on my end. Though I did play my 1st session of 3rd Strike with virtually no lag in the 10 or so years I've been trying to get a match like this on xbox, GGPO, or Supercade. Hope it doesn't take another 10+ to see it again.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I'm going to give it a try and see if the lag really has improved. Nice of capcom to finally release it, even if they've been sitting on the update for over a year.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Patch only out for PS3, not Xbox yet (for whatever reason).

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Patch only out for PS3, not Xbox yet (for whatever reason).

I thought maybe capcom was just waiting for their next paycheck, but MS no longer charges cash money to release patches.

I'll look for you guys that are on the triple though for some gaming. I have the xbox version as well but lolGoldmembershipfees

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Capcom has not a whole lot to do with the patch. Iron Galaxy is the one doing it. Also Iron Galaxy said they already sent it to microsoft, but microsoft is taking their time on it like they usually do for quality assurance purposes (at least that's the company's line). If you want to get angry at anyone in this situation look at microsoft.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Going to bump this thread and see if anyone has any interest in playing this on 360 or GGPO? I've been wanting to get back into 3s but haven't got many people to play locally these days.

FinalAttack

New Challenger
Just got on GGPO if anyone is up for some matches. Haven't played in forever and felt like brushing off the dust.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Just got on GGPO if anyone is up for some matches. Haven't played in forever and felt like brushing off the dust.

Let's drum up some love for 3s!

Who do you play as? I have to get my PC all primed and ready to play...I'll shoot you a PM sometime soon, though I doubt our ping will be good.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So, I've decided to finally get gud at 3S. If you want to come body me I'll be playing on my Blast City, gamer tag Segasataanshiro.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Suprisingly both systems were going strong last time I played although PSN had a sale where it was $3, so I'm not sure if it'll keep up.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Suprisingly both systems were going strong last time I played although PSN had a sale where it was $3, so I'm not sure if it'll keep up.

Of all the older fighters it really seems like 3S has one of the most dedicated followings. I would put it down to the fact that no other SF games play anything like it. You can scratch that SF itch with any ol SF most times, but only 3S scratches that 3S itch.

I wish people still played Jojos as much though, heck, I wish You could even BUY HD JoJos now lol.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Of all the older fighters it really seems like 3S has one of the most dedicated followings. I would put it down to the fact that no other SF games play anything like it. You can scratch that SF itch with any ol SF most times, but only 3S scratches that 3S itch.

I wish people still played Jojos as much though, heck, I wish You could even BUY HD JoJos now lol.

I would throw the Marvel vs Capcom 2 players in the same mix. I got a couple of friends that play that and they are pretty hardcore about it. I also see both systems with lobbies still going.

You know I bought Jojo's when it was on sale on xbox. I never was a huge fan of it though. I have yet to try the online on it. Though if Darkstalkers is as dead as I usually see it I can't see Jojo's being much better.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Darkstalkers/Vsav players all seem to play on Fightcade.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I keep thinking about setting up fightcade, but I hate frame drops with a passion. On top of that it's hard to go from the silky smooth version irongalaxy made to an online version that was basically made before we even knew what good netcode was (GGPO netcode)