Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
Results 1,151 to 1,161 of 1161

Thread: SF3: Third Strike Online Edition

Would you rather....

Play SF3: Third Strike Online Edition on a console or Play SF3: Third Strike through Fightcade??

Just curious on peoples opinion of these 2 options

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

SF3 OE 360 > SF3 OE PS3 > FC

360 is the best way to play it online. PS3 version is good too, but you can feel the difference between 360 and ps3. FC is cool for most fighters, but it has trouble with the cps3 games. But its better than nothing
    ***CLICK HERE FOR FIGHTCADE TUTORIAL***

PSN: MountainDewFKR
    FIGHTCADE: MountaindewFKR

GAMER > COLLECTOR

What issues does FC have with CPS3 games??? If anything I'd think because they are using an older version of FBA...I could be wrong

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

just runs at a different speed and the lag is very apparent. I play on all three. I play alot on fc with friends. ive played on fc then right after jumped on 360 the difference was like noon and midnight

GAMER > COLLECTOR

So even though FC is running the actual ROM, it still runs slower/faster than the 360?

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

yeah. Its not so bad if your playing head to head, but the minute you go online is when you feel it.
    Plus you get the blinds everynow and then on fc. Which due to it being glitchy. There are some extra roms available that fix the blind problem and there is another one that will disable music/sound so the game can run smoother online. The fact that there are modified roms for it tells you its not running @ 100%

blinds.png

GAMER > COLLECTOR

Guerilla Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Neccros007 View Post
    What issues does FC have with CPS3 games??? If anything I'd think because they are using an older version of FBA...I could be wrong
    Fightcade is still running most of it's games on the original GGPO software from '09. They are working on a major update that will fix 3rd Strike and allow more games to be played, but since this is being done for free during someones free time there is no telling when it will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bakaboy View Post
    Fightcade is still running most of it's games on the original GGPO software from '09. They are working on a major update that will fix 3rd Strike and allow more games to be played, but since this is being done for free during someones free time there is no telling when it will be released.
    From the GGPO panel at EVO it sounds like the whole netcode was reverse engineered and thats how FC was created...

Was it improved when it was reversed engineered? or did he just copy it 1 to 1 performance wise?

Guerilla Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Neccros007 View Post
    From the GGPO panel at EVO it sounds like the whole netcode was reverse engineered and thats how FC was created...

Was it improved when it was reversed engineered? or did he just copy it 1 to 1 performance wise?
    When I 1st got on they said it was the same as GGPO except if they added games. Again the new update would change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bakaboy View Post
    When I 1st got on they said it was the same as GGPO except if they added games. Again the new update would change that.
    I cant wait for the update... I know its when they have time to do it but it will be cool once it's done.

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

If you wanna play 3s 360 is still going to be better than FC

GAMER > COLLECTOR

Thread Information