New neo geo master list

Gemant

Member,
click

Here I present the new Neo-Geo Master List, made this year celebrating the 20th anniversary of the system release.

The main differences comparing the old document available on neo-geo.com are:

-MVS version release date transcription added

-Corrected original game title

-Corrected megabit counting (after so many years, it is understood that the megabit count on the AES inserts, catalogues and flyers was in big part wrong). It was not possible to report the same value for CD only releases, so I kept the previous data published on catalogues and flyers

-Title logo added

-Player number added (using same artworks from original catalogues)

-Added Genre (using same artworks from original catalogues)

-Specified "100 Mega Shock" and "Giga Power" title's series

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Looks really good (--> Save As...), perhaps a bit less organized than the one on N-G.com. :) You clearly put some time and effort into it.

I see that you list the protos but not the unoffical and homebrew releases.

To me, the Master List on N-G.com ist still the bible of Neo releases, but it deserves an update. For instance Last Hope and Fast Sriker should be on the Master List in the same section as games like Jockey GP.

Last edited:
Bookmarked :cool:

-Corrected megabit counting (after so many years, it is understood that the megabit count on the AES inserts, catalogues and flyers was in big part wrong).

Did you based it on mame rom size? SNK liked to use physical rom size that was used in production for megabit counting instead of game code size, but the code inside the roms is sometimes doubled to fit on larger roms and mame doesn´t cut the mirrored data.

---------------------

Dude, could you re-release your neo geo secrets guide? That´s some awesome resource of game info that can´t be found anywhere and I´m missing several pages of it.

Last edited:

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Really good work there. I'd also like to see unofficial releases added to the list.

ahans76

"I have delt with both Cris and Dion before when i
Awesome thanks for your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
My Nam-1975 box says 46 Megs instead of 47...who's wrong? :glee:

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Excellent work. That is a great list with a lot of good info.:buttrock:

The only things I would say is that you have not included the alternate Names (ASOII/Alpha Misison 2, Raguy/Blues Journey etc) also I think Last Hope and Fast Striker should be included which I know has already been mentioned.:)

Gemant

Member,
Did you based it on mame rom size? SNK liked to use physical rom size that was used in production for megabit counting instead of game code size, but the code inside the roms is sometimes doubled to fit on larger roms and mame doesn´t cut the mirrored data.

Dude, could you re-release your neo geo secrets guide? That´s some awesome resource of game info that can´t be found anywhere and I´m missing several pages of it.

I'm based on rom size (128kb = 1 megabit). I'm surprise about some games.... Metal Slug not havve 193 mb but 210!

About neo geo super trick guide, there is always hope... maybe in a future this document will appear again on the net (I not have scan, only original print, I must re-scanned all).

Gemant

Member,
Excellent work. That is a great list with a lot of good info.:buttrock:

The only things I would say is that you have not included the alternate Names (ASOII/Alpha Misison 2, Raguy/Blues Journey etc) also I think Last Hope and Fast Striker should be included which I know has already been mentioned.:)

Maybe in future I add the alternative names and original AES price in japan. About unoffical and homebrew releases, I haven't considered them on purpose.

About the old master list on neo.com there is a big mistake. AES version jap and AES US have the same date of release, but is mistake because the US version was distribute always after some weeks or months from Jap version!

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
I always thought that about the release dates, but never thought it my place to mention it. The Jap and US Playmore sites both have the info for Japan release dates only, is the US info available anywhere?
http://neogeomuseum.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/catalogue/index.php

The other thing that both lists do not show is the different release dates for both MVS and AES in each region. I know it is a tall order but it something not available anywhere.

It is great you have included the Kana for each game title, I think it would also be nice to have the Romaji translation included too..?:smirk:

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
About the old master list on neo.com there is a big mistake. AES version jap and AES US have the same date of release, but is mistake because the US version was distribute always after some weeks or months from Jap version!

That's not true. I have been buying new AES releases since 1998 and the only game that I can recall that was not released simultaneously was Metal Slug 3, which is due to that game having 2 print runs (highly unusual).

Good job on your list, by the way. I have been working for some time on an extensive overhaul to the list on this site. The trouble you run into is how to condense a LOT of information into an easily readable webpage. Keep an eye out for the updated list around Christmastime.

Gemant

Member,
That's not true. I have been buying new AES releases since 1998 and the only game that I can recall that was not released simultaneously was Metal Slug 3, which is due to that game having 2 print runs (highly unusual).

Because I buyed AES games from 1992, I know that date of US AES release is following.

For exemple, the first release of Nam 75 (AES JAP) is 04.26.1990 and not 07.01.1991 (date of second release in Japan, and I'm note sure that US version was available in the same date).

I remember well that in 1993 when I wanted to buy a game AES, in my import shop jap release was available (from japan), but US version (from US shop) wasn't available (some weeks to wait).

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Because I buyed AES games from 1992, I know that date of US AES release is following.

For exemple, the first release of Nam 75 (AES JAP) is 04.26.1990 and not 07.01.1991 (date of second release in Japan, and I'm note sure that US version was available in the same date).

I remember well that in 1993 when I wanted to buy a game AES, in my import shop jap release was available (from japan), but US version (from US shop) wasn't available (some weeks to wait).

There definitely may have been some discrepancies with regard to overseas shipping delays and the like. And you might be correct that the early games had different release dates, especially because of the rental program. But I am pretty certain that from 1998 forward the english and japanese versions shipped from Japan at the same time.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Good work, Marco, as usual..

I just would have kept the original megs count..

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Hello

Very interesting work

But i don't understand why you put Futsal on the CD only list
you do the distinction between foreign and japan released but i am sur it's pertinent to do 2 list here

Gemant

Member,
Hello

Very interesting work

But i don't understand why you put Futsal on the CD only list
you do the distinction between foreign and japan released but i am sur it's pertinent to do 2 list here

Because in Japan Futsal is CD only. Outside japan, Futsal MVS is consider a prototype.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
could you develope this foreign/japan MVS released ?

Gemant

Member,
This game has been programmed in Japan for a regular release in MVS and other format (CD, AES). Then, for unknown reasons, this game has been deleted from roms release and released succesively like cd only. After some months, Futsal was appeared in western like "regular" MVS (I don't understand if this is legal released or not).

SNK of Brazil distribuited pleasure goal here in good numbers, to the point is not difficult to the ahold of a copy here.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
interesting

it's not a choice of the compagny to distub game (like soccer) only in the country where hes is really popular (like south America and Europe) ?
For exemple the only game with official french translation is Super side kick 3

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Gemant, since just as you told me your master list is mostly based on my documents, I guess you should give some proper credit, right? :)