Just got an AES for the first time :)

Hi all! After many months of searching for an AES at my own self-imposed price limit, I finally got one with a couple games and I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am!

Regular poster/trader on NintendoAge (linktothepastgaming) and looking forward to participating, learning, and contributing here as well :)

I come from PA, mainly collect NES and now starting Neo Geo.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Yep, that's how it all starts... The Neo is just too good; too authentic an arcade experience. It's only a matter of time before it eclipses your love of consoles and you get into arcade collecting. Then realizing you can have more great games accessible for cheaper with MVS, you'll sell your AES and pick up a cab or consolized MVS. Welcome to your future.

The games I got are: KOF 94, KOF 95, Samurai Shodown 2 - all complete.

I really did consider getting a consolized MVS, all the guys on NA told me that's the best route to go (and the long-term cheapest) but I just had to have an AES!

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
SamSho II is the best fighter on the neo, imo. I got out of AES a few years back, but I've still got an AES Fatal Fury Special and World Heroes 2 Jet lying around if you're interested. Both pretty decent (and cheap) starter titles. I'd also suggest investing in an MVS converter. Some must have titles on the neo are very cheap on MVS but unaffordable as part of a casual AES collection (like Metal Slug). That way you can get the best of both worlds.

mr.2jz

n00b
Welcome !!

Hope you enjoy your stay. I too recently picked up my AES, and already have 5+ AES titles! Like others have mentioned picking up a MVS converter is a good idea, as some of the AES home carts are uber $$$. The MVS alternatives are much cheaper.

The Neo is a heck of system. The 'super car' of it's time.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
congrats man! like you i was super stoked and im telling you i still cant get enough of this system. just buy a cmvs as well, thats what i did and i try to get games for my aes but if it is an expensive title or unavailable i buy it for the mvs. I love having both of them its great.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Yep, that's how it all starts... The Neo is just too good; too authentic an arcade experience. It's only a matter of time before it eclipses your love of consoles and you get into arcade collecting. Then realizing you can have more great games accessible for cheaper with MVS, you'll sell your AES and pick up a cab or consolized MVS. Welcome to your future.
The MVS doesn't actually replace having the AES experience. There's no substitute for an AES. But a lot of games are a lot more affordable on MVS, so you might end up getting both. You can play MVS games on your AES anyway (with a converter).

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Awesome news man, keep at it. The neo is still fun as ever.

Retro2DGamer

Crossed Swords Squire
Happy hunting. You'll need plenty of patience waiting for those rare 20-point carts to appear in the wild. :p