shienryu coming to PSN tomarrow

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I am thinking its going to be part of the import ps1 store selections from monkey paw games since its called shienryu and not gekioh shooting team or whatever.

I have never played either version, is the ps1 port worth while? specifically the japanese ps1 port.

I do love me some shmups and I like supporting monkey paw games as they are doing me a great service with this import game store, but if its a really flawed port I probably won't bother. I have a saturn and always enjoy new games for that :)

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The Japanese Playstation version is the only port I haven't played. Can't be of any help here. Although, i'm almost positive that release includes a tate option like the Saturn port includes. I don't think Gekioh shooting king had tate.

The game is kind of bland, and has mean rank. I guess there is a novelty factor to the graphics though...they look very 1993/1994....but the game is an ST-V release from 95. Call me crazy, but I get a kick out of that.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I love Shienryu. It's got a beautiful art style, albeit a little bland.

Solid, no frills shooting and kick ass music. Saturn port is better than the ps1 IMO but the ps1 port is fine.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
No Tate/ saving in any PS1 port of Shienryu... Sucks balls!

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
The double Shienryu ( Shienryu 1 and 2) was released in Japan on PS2 and in PAL land as Steel Dragon EX. Shit ports again with no tate and no saving scores if I remember correctly.