Quake is life is cool

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
^Dunno really, they have hacked ql, so that people can host their own servers though.

So I guess it is possible, dunno about the DeFrag game type though.

*fucking autocorrect*

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Just as well. I have been planning on abandoning quake live anyways and going back to Q3A CPMA. I might have to track down the defrag mod files as well and get back into that.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Same thing, QL was a huge disappointment, let's all go back to Q3A, fully with you here.

cannonball

15 Year Member
You're in Europe right? How's the scene over there for OSP and CPMA? I would assume it's more active than here in the states. Last time I tried playing OSP there was 1 active CTF server and it was hit or miss if anyone would be playing any given night. Can usually always find a duel though for CPMA.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'm in Finland, OSP is dead, CPMA CPM has pickups now and then, and people organize duel cups, but in general, this is the dark night of the soul for proper fps games.

We are the last and the best, heh. The learning curve for Quake seems to be to steep for todays' fps gamer, I dunno?

Hope 2GD's game will revive the scene, or PK HD, Shootmania can eat shit and die.

cannonball

15 Year Member
I think you're right about today's FPS gamers. It's a different mentality. It takes years to become competitive in quake, and most people don't want to make that type of commitment in an era where everyone is fixated on slow paced war FPS games that live and die in less than a year before the next hot thing comes out that everyone piles on. It was way different in Quake 2/Quake 3 days in that respect.

I hope GD's game (Reborn?) breathes new life into the scene as well. I haven't been following the painkillers HD game, but I'm gonna check that out now.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Personally I think I'll go back to QW, great scene over here (I suck ass though) Run like the wind!

So unforgiving, the epitome of Quake.

To have no fear - To slice and kill :D

Last edited:

cannonball

15 Year Member
Oh man QuakeWorld. I might have to play that again too if there is a scene here.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Kickass stuff from Polish clan FOO, not complete, nor probably ever will be, but great footage nonetheless :

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
While this isn't the most amazing cpm movie one can see it has a feel good vibe, a really clean config, cheesy rocking music and a fast pace, CPM isn't that far from QW, minus the pussy RG, enjoy:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
The best thing about this is the pinpoint mouse movement, in tune and on time.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Bump, the one-man quest to spread the gospel of proper fps gaming:

Jokes aside, a feel-good movie with old school players, enjoy.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
When looking at these, why do people choose console FPS gaming, or counter-strike/cod on pc, seriously?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Lose with the best :D

Last edited:

cannonball

15 Year Member
Late you been watching the Faceit sunday tournaments on twitch? It's a lot of new faces but there's a few old timers like us playing that I recognize from the heyday. http://www.twitch.tv/faceittv

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
When looking at these, why do people choose console FPS gaming, or counter-strike/cod on pc, seriously?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Lose with the best :D

Haha.

I really should play stuff like Red Orchestra.

I want an FPS where everyone has bolt action rifles.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Haha.

I really should play stuff like Red Orchestra.

I want an FPS where everyone has bolt action rifles.

I bought red orchestra 2 during a steam sale and still haven't tried it yet. I hear it's pretty good though.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Amazing Defrag movie from Swedish player kiddy: