Quake is life is cool

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Nice vid. I didn't recognize any of those maps. I used to defrag exclusively for a couple years back in the early 2000s. This makes me want to get back into it to try these new maps out. I wish I still had my demos. I had a few times in the top 5 in the world. I was no CeTuS though :P

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
what am i looking at exactly? i don't remember the jumping in Q3 being that crazy.

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!
what am i looking at exactly? i don't remember the jumping in Q3 being that crazy.

Its strafe jumping. You have to be moving at an angle at all times and swing the mouse as you jump, it takes practice, but for some reason it works in A LOT of FPS. I always thought it had to do with the way a video card renders a FPS.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
You can move a lot faster around Quake Live doing this. It's fun as hell!

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Nice vid. I didn't recognize any of those maps. I used to defrag exclusively for a couple years back in the early 2000s. This makes me want to get back into it to try these new maps out. I wish I still had my demos. I had a few times in the top 5 in the world. I was no CeTuS though :P

Sorry for the late bump, CeTuS the movie is my fave defrag movie of all time :)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Bump.

Where an FPS becomes a form of art.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Nice CA frag movie, pretty stylish if you ask me

Look and see.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Its strafe jumping. You have to be moving at an angle at all times and swing the mouse as you jump, it takes practice, but for some reason it works in A LOT of FPS. I always thought it had to do with the way a video card renders a FPS.

It takes practice at first but then it becomes second nature. I can do it in my sleep. I'm fairly good at getting the speed up enough on a couple maps that I can actually move around the map using just the rocket launcher. One thing I never got the hang of is wall walking with the plasma gun, although I have done it accidently before which usually ended up with me melting myself.

I still have Quake 3 installed on my PC at home but I haven't played it in about 4 or 5 months, so I probably suck now.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
It takes practice at first but then it becomes second nature. I can do it in my sleep. I'm fairly good at getting the speed up enough on a couple maps that I can actually move around the map using just the rocket launcher. One thing I never got the hang of is wall walking with the plasma gun, although I have done it accidently before which usually ended up with me melting myself.

I still have Quake 3 installed on my PC at home but I haven't played it in about 4 or 5 months, so I probably suck now.

Aye, I strafe half beat, always felt natural for me.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member

Out of the American quake players, I always liked czm. He's in Switzerland nowadays I hear.

Aero - Where Gods kill :D

Cooller retired, he sells luxury cars in Moscow now :D

Last edited:

simian raticus

War Room ONLY!
I am the last priest on this sick planet earth! No drugs! No alcohol! No condoms! No pills!:B::A::D: :D::A:Y! :oh_no:

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I am the last priest on this sick planet earth! No drugs! No alcohol! No condoms! No pills!:B::A::D: :D::A:Y! :oh_no:

Shut the fuck up, your place is in a concentration camp

Stop spamming this otherwise semi-rational place with your stupid shit. The internet is a waste of a perfectly good high.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member

The man himself in action, not that people here would care/know (I think cannonball know who this is)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Always been a Toxic fan myself.

Yeah, he dominated q4 pretty much single-handedly. I have always thought of him, q3wise, as a tdm player. Ice Climbers ruled the school.

*edit*

For me, LeXeR was the best q3 player ever, so smooth.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I can't even quantify who I think is the best. I've basically had three time periods of where I can say "this guy was the best" but the problem is that I've never seen them play each other! And to make matters worse... I forgot one of the guy's names! The last one beat me in a tournament (I was 2nd place) in... um... 2010? He was from Russia and pretty much disappeared from the servers after that from what I understand. His name was "RUS" (original huh?) ... I think mostly it was because the peak time on the US servers wasn't viable enough for him and his clan to play.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Quake is so cool, gotta sp:A:m everything

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
They've got some really cool defrag maps these days. Is there a way to do it in quake live?