Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realizing Stuff Years Later

Galford's Armourer

Realizing Stuff Years Later

Have you ever not realized something until long after it's happened? As stupid as it sounds I just now realized what Shang Tsung's Friendship was - a Joust guy. All this time I thought it was a diamond ring or a frog or something. I guess I'm surprised because I love Joust too.

Hades Gate Keeper

Last week I thought I realized what "I'll be a monkey's uncle" meant. I thought it implied that your sister gave birth to a monkey. I ended up looking it up and it doesn't mean that at all.

When I was a kid, I had an experience where the baby sitter's son took me out back and wanted to show me something cool.

He was trying to light a match. But it didn't work.

I also remember that he started the kitchen on fire.

It wasn't until 10 years later that I realized that the two events were probably connected.

I felt like a character in a Harper Lee novel.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMasters View Post
    Have you ever not realized something until long after it's happened? As stupid as it sounds I just now realized what Shang Tsung's Friendship was - a Joust guy. All this time I thought it was a diamond ring or a frog or something. I guess I'm surprised because I love Joust too.

I just learned something new today
    http://www.riffnralk.com
    Nonsensical Podcasts and articles about music and somewhat music related things.
    http://calamitydown.bandcamp.com/ - I also make weird music

I just realized juris air move is named after street fighter iterations.
    http://www.riffnralk.com
    Nonsensical Podcasts and articles about music and somewhat music related things.
    http://calamitydown.bandcamp.com/ - I also make weird music

It was only in recent years that I learned most of my family members are fucked up.

It's taken me 28 of my 32 years to realize "I'm a really Horny guy."
    "Live Fast... Fight Hard... Die Free!"

The Wonder Years

Early college years I realized these 2 things:

-For all intents and purposes. Thought it was for all intensive purposes, lol

-"I could care less" should technically be "I couldn't care less" as I could care less means you could, lol

A common mistake is writing "would of" instead of "would have"... I think in late elementary school I was still using of instead of have. Would of, should of, could of. It drives me nuts nowadays when I see people writing like this on the internet.
    Last edited by Steve; 10-12-2010 at 11:22 PM.

neo retired

No shit, as a kid I thought the little road signs adorning overpasses was the name of the main highway changing until you got to the next overpass.

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiShodownSensei View Post
    No shit, as a kid I thought the little road signs adorning overpasses was the name of the main highway changing until you got to the next overpass.
    That's adorable

Women aren't to be trusted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I'm not beating my girlfriend. I swear to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    You made it very clear that no guy has fucked you in the ass.

Kim
    Kaphwan
    Klan

when i was little i thought my grandma lived in the airport. its where we'd take her when she was leaving after visiting a while. and its where we'd pick her up when she'd come to visit. turned out she lived in miami. not the airport. which miami was another can of worms. my mother would tell me she lived in miami and so i always referred to it as your-ami. because i thought she meant it was my-ami. and since i didn't have an ami of my own, my mom's was hers and that carried on til i was about 5 and i realized that it was a city. yeah i was an idiot.
    cool dude

Death Before Dishonesty
    Logic Above All

Quote Originally Posted by genjiglove View Post
    It was only in recent years that I learned most of my family members are fucked up.
    I knew that about mine for decades... it's only been the past two years, however, that I've come to realize that I really just can't stand my mother as a person. Same goes for my sister.
    Indifference has led to boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Same goes for my sister.
    This is the same with me as well. My sister has absolutely zero likable qualities, and almost every person in my family has said something to the effect of "if she wasn't family, I'd have nothing to do with her." However, with that being said, I'm constantly arguing with my mother who wants me to try to have some sort of relationship with her. I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I'm not beating my girlfriend. I swear to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    You made it very clear that no guy has fucked you in the ass.

Death Before Dishonesty
    Logic Above All

Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    This is the same with me as well. My sister has absolutely zero likable qualities, and almost every person in my family has said something to the effect of "if she wasn't family, I'd have nothing to do with her." However, with that being said, I'm constantly arguing with my mother who wants me to try to have some sort of relationship with her. I don't get it.
    Really makes you wonder how such people can be kin, doesn't it? My sister, I dislike primarily because she's such a carbon copy of my mother: petty, spiteful, self-righteous, passive-aggressive as all hell, etc. Only she's not as good at is, so it's just more blatant.
    Indifference has led to boredom.

Tesse's Maintainence Man

When I was a wee little lad traveling around the countryside in the grandparents RV, I thought my initials were plastered all over the interstate -- JCT.

Hades Gate Keeper

Blink 182 released a CD called Take Off Your Pants and Jacket and it took me about four years to get it. I was walking down the street with my friend at the time. I abruptly stopped walking:

"Dude. Take off your pants and jacket."

"Uhuhhh."

"No, no. Take off your pants... and jacket."

"WTF"

"Take of your PANTS... and JACKet."

"Holy shit."

There used to be shows a few towns away ever weekend and one of the stores that we'd drive by one the way was called Bunghole Liquors. We all laughed because of the "bunghole" thing. About 3 years later, I was at work and it hit me. I ran to a coworker and asked "do you know the store Bunghole Liquors?!" He said yeah, so I asked why it was funny and he just said "bunghole." So I said "Liquoooorrrrrsssss." His jaw dropped and then he laughed until he cried. I ended up telling all my friends who would go to these shows. 90% of them didn't get it until I spelled it out.

Alfred Garcia's Butler

A fine package store indeed.

OxiuqVer

Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post

There used to be shows a few towns away ever weekend and one of the stores that we'd drive by one the way was called Bunghole Liquors. We all laughed because of the "bunghole" thing. About 3 years later, I was at work and it hit me. I ran to a coworker and asked "do you know the store Bunghole Liquors?!" He said yeah, so I asked why it was funny and he just said "bunghole." So I said "Liquoooorrrrrsssss." His jaw dropped and then he laughed until he cried. I ended up telling all my friends who would go to these shows. 90% of them didn't get it until I spelled it out.
    Considering that the bunghole is the name of the hole in barrels used for wine / rum/ etc.. it's not intentionally funny. Especially considering our colloquial use of bunghole is derived from the self-same hole.

MAX POWA SURGE!

omfg that is AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post

A fine package store indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    fuck this gay earth

-starks out

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Quote Originally Posted by RevQuixo View Post
    Considering that the bunghole is the name of the hole in barrels used for wine / rum/ etc.. it's not intentionally funny. Especially considering our colloquial use of bunghole is derived from the self-same hole.
    You're absolutely right. However....most people don't get the "lickers" when they hear Bunghole Liquors.

We all know the origin of the Bunghole.

OxiuqVer

You're absolutely right. However....most people don't get the "lickers" when they hear Bunghole Liquors.

Then most people are idiots.

Beast Buster

Unsurprisingly, that is true.
    Progress (n.): The process through which the Internet has evolved from smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart terminals.

Kim
    Kaphwan
    Klan

ah come on rev, let em have their fun.
    cool dude

Hades Gate Keeper

Thread Information