Speakers making a raspy noise?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Weird. I also need to get some decent volume out of my board. I did the lazy jumper from the four pin mic out, so help is appreciated. Its a neo 25 candy. Even if I max out the volume it still sounds low. Now it sounds low and raspy.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
It's just not your day with your MVS is it? Do you have a spare speaker to swap out with one of them? If the speaker isn't the issue then your board needs repaired, most likely recapped.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I read this in a old thread, explain recapping in more detail? Do I just solder those voltage things on?

Its raspy on my CPS2 games also, but i get proper volume there.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
If it's raspy on the other game you may have a blown speaker...

Low volume issues are common on the Neo Geo boards. I sell cap kits on my website that you use to replace the caps in the audio section of your MVS board.

RJ

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
which reminds me, next time I'm in my cab I'll get you shots of an MV-2 since I noticed you didn't have any.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Thanks,

If you can get me a good, clear high resolution picture of that audio section (both top and bottom of board) that I can use in the document, I'll send you a cap kit for it.

Just let me know which kit you want.

Or, if you'd rather have a battery holder & coin cell battery to convert your board off the NiCd batteries, I can send that instead.

Raymond

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
DSC01655.jpg

I can get a better one when my camera isn't being a douche and I clean my own board up :(

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
What model board is that?

I've never seen a 2 slot with the connector like that near the audio. All the ones I've seen had the memory card slot there.