early mushi pin up

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
REAL early colors....not so sure about this pic...

2eb7pj5.jpg

mlqh05.jpg

Last edited:

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Off to a good start, id say you should try to use longer brush strokes for the hair and use more colors in the shadows.
Quick paintover of the hair and the monsters head to show what I mean.
40259980.jpg

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
yea, hair definatly looks better. plus i just realized that the pics seem have become less vivid since i shrank them.....didnt realize they would degrade that much.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
You could keep some of the black outline in the hair then stop the outline as thehair becomes more whispy.

For this composition, I don't feel the arms and hands signify the same force of movement illustrated by the hair. She must have strong fingertips and arm muscles.

If you feel different about the current composition, consider how to show energy and feeling in the character if we can't see the face. Since it's not a game sprite, it could take a composition that can live outside of the game play such as banking the beetle and displacing any sense of a hitbox that may normally be present.

I think I see the arse rim of Ohio.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
i m honestly not really feeling this pic....the beetle yea, her no. i originaly wanted it to be smallish to use as an avatar thats why the arms and such lack definition. i just dont like doing "pretty" stuff...i like painting monsters and horror shit....i cant seem to concentrate on this type of stuff....i guess just because you love a particular game doesnt mean you should try to do fan art....:)

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
i m honestly not really feeling this pic....the beetle yea, her no. i originaly wanted it to be smallish to use as an avatar thats why the arms and such lack definition. i just dont like doing "pretty" stuff...i like painting monsters and horror shit....i cant seem to concentrate on this type of stuff....i guess just because you love a particular game doesnt mean you should try to do fan art....:)

It's always worth a shot! Never know until you try.

If monsters are your thing, make the beetle the star.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
It's always worth a shot! Never know until you try.

If monsters are your thing, make the beetle the star.

Agreed. Make the most bad-ass frightening beetle you've ever seen. Toss the girl on the back if need be, if not don't. It'll be badass.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
It looks pretty solid to me. I'd say the beetle wing on the right is a tad bit longer than the one on the left, but other than that, the symmetry/form is good for me. I'm far from expert on digital color jobs, so I can't really offer any advice on that score, technique-wise.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Not really a pin-up but cool anyways. It will have to be pretty damn big if you want all that detail in it.