New Project: MV-IC Replacement? edit: New Projects KE 4 player and Jong Controller

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
That would be great if someone were to step up and loan us the KE set, though I doubt that will happen. What I don't want to happen is to have another party get a hold of it and charge an insane price for reproductions.

A "Help / Wanted" sign on the main page of the site and a sticky thread in the market forums would help get this request some attention.

A worthy request for the suggestion forum, for a novel mission and the noble service you and JMKurtz provide.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Mumble-mumble...., I have the F1B-4P, but scans/pictures is as far as I can go, sorry.

IMO the PCB is nothing "so" complicated, so maybe we could try by distance.

:cool:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Mumble-mumble...., I have the F1B-4P, but scans/pictures is as far as I can go, sorry.

Awesome, can you take pics of the top and bottom of the board? Scans if possible.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member

Then scans will do perfectly! May take a little longer, but its the best shot we have at making one. I may need to ask you the specs on each chip if they don't come through on a scan. For that I will scan the Deck manual and foldout flyer. I have been meaning to do that anyways.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Then scans will do perfectly! May take a little longer, but its the best shot we have at making one. I may need to ask you the specs on each chip if they don't come through on a scan. For that I will scan the Deck manual and foldout flyer. I have been meaning to do that anyways.

Ok great.

I'll need a couple of days for the scans, but not big issue.
About specs etc.. we can look at them as things proceed no prob.

By deck you mean H.Unit!? Please share. :buttrock:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Haha, have you tried the F1B-4P with Neo bomberman?

It's strange that Neo bomberman has 1p-4p at the top of the screen.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Haha, have you tried the F1B-4P with Neo bomberman?

It's strange that Neo bomberman has 1p-4p at the top of the screen.

Herrr...ok, I'm sure I tried the "infamous" games wihtout luck, far from Kizuna, but honestly I can't remember clearly about NBM... I'll take the PCB tomorrow here with the cab, and do some try. (btw the unibios can unlock something more than "normal 4p" bios?)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Cool, thanks dude.

cokeslideshow013.jpg

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Yep, I was wondering about the four controller ports ... for future use..?

Edit:

the upper side is a good pic btw, but he never published the lower one right!?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I dont think he ever released the bottom pic.

I count about 65 components. And its just a guess, but I think the area in the upper left is strictly for audio. Looks similar to the MV-1Bs audio circuit. I'm wondering if that can just be left out completely.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Looking at old thread (2004) Raz says that the bios K4P MV-1B bios was never dumped, so all he could do was to unlock the 4P screens in the debug/unibios but no control of 3&4P..right?

I mean, from a bios point of view, you could use a newer unibios once you build the PCB, or is this still a *big* problem?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I mean, from a bios point of view, you could use a newer unibios once you build the PCB, or is this still a *big* problem?

That's the million dollar question. I'm hoping something can be worked out Bios-wise, but I guess we wont know until we get one built. Orrrrr, maybe you could try the adapter on a regular 1B board with a Unibios and see if you can still play 4 player.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Well, that's assuming the bios is different. I don't think it has a different bios though. I think it works like the mahjong controller were it senses the controller and then activates the special screens.

And NTM's solution sounds like a good plan, test with a known regular 1B.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
NTM -- I can't find my IC board/cables :( I haven't touched them in nearly a decade so who knows what happened to them. I know I have them, just not sure where they got packed to. They are not in the box I thought they would be in.

Anyone else have an IC NTM can use for his research?

On a side note -- if K4P requires a special BIOS, we would need access to one of those 1B boards so that it could be dumped so that Razoola could investigate it and see what it does differently.

Jeff

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
NTM -- I can't find my IC board/cables :( I haven't touched them in nearly a decade so who knows what happened to them. I know I have them, just not sure where they got packed to. They are not in the box I thought they would be in.

Anyone else have an IC NTM can use for his research?

On a side note -- if K4P requires a special BIOS, we would need access to one of those 1B boards so that it could be dumped so that Razoola could investigate it and see what it does differently.

Jeff
This is the memory card board we are talking about, right? If so I have one in the dedicated 4-slot cab in my basement I've been meaning to restore for some time now (a few years, actually:emb: ).

I'd be happy to lend it to the cause.

Max

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
That's the million dollar question. I'm hoping something can be worked out Bios-wise, but I guess we wont know until we get one built. Orrrrr, maybe you could try the adapter on a regular 1B board with a Unibios and see if you can still play 4 player.

OK, I have a spare MV1B,, I'll talk to MKL to see if he have time to mount the unibios on it...it's a try, maybe we can make some workaround bios wise.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you are willing I think Michele can dump the bios.