SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This is how we roll in my hood:

Last edited:

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Awesome, man.

It's amazing after not hearing that song for years I still know every inch of it.

Love the squeals!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Shit, I didn't even know this whole time you were Wes. I was wondering what happened to you bro...lol

Great work again.

Can you do a crunchy Neo Geo intro?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Thanks!

I thought I'd always be discernable, if only because of the custom rank.

As far as Neo Geo bootup theme, I've thought about it. There's two ways to do it (at least in my mind), and that's for one with just guitars, with power chords ringing while two other guitars harmonize the main theme. The other is with drums, so that way the chords hit hard as fuck with the twin lead harmonies. If you listen to the original, you have the theme, but underneath it there's this crazy little rhythm playing. I'd imagine the drums playing to that rhythm, with accenting the chords. Trying to play a lead to that rhythm would just sound kind of crazy.

I could do option 1 with no problems, but I'd much rather do it with drums. The problem with that is that I'd have to have somebody else program the drums because I'm a baffoon when it comes to that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
All of my newer Neo videos have a remixed version I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mHf02_9VM

For a metal version I was thinking maybe using minors for that Slayer sound. A PM'd power chord crunching the main riff while 2 guitars doing a high and low pinch harm for the melody or something.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
All of my newer Neo videos have a remixed version I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3mHf02_9VM

For a metal version I was thinking maybe using minors for that Slayer sound. A PM'd power chord crunching the main riff while 2 guitars doing a high and low pinch harm for the melody or something.

The first one I heard sounds pretty cool (I paused it to come back here and give my thoughts). That one sounded like distorted chords with that crazy rhythm I was talking about actually driving it, when I was thinking more of the tone of the chords driving it with leads emphasizing them. There's only 2 parts you could do a pinch harmonic and have it sound good imo, but it could sound very brutal and cool.

However, when I think Slayer, I think of speed metal, so the drums would have to be really fast, with quick, killer double bass driving the fast power chords, and the leads going just as quick with the two emphasis on pinch harmonics like I said earlier. I may draw up some demos to show what I'm talking about (minus drums). I hate trying to be literal with describing music ideas, hehe.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Cool dude, I'd love to hear a rough cut as soon as you can.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
hell yeah bro! 2 of the most amazing things ever zelda and metal, favoriting this one.