Is MAS still in business?

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
I have tried to order a SuperNOVA from them, but they won't reply my e-mails. Has anyone else had this problem? Or can I get a SuperNOVA anywhere else?
Thanks.
smile.gif

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
MAS never replied to my email either. Since they didn't reply, I assumed they didn't want my money. That's why I bought an HGA instead of a Super Nova.

So MAS, if you're listening, you lost several hundred dollars because you didn't reply to me. Keep that in mind!

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Actually it costs them to make a priduct, so that probably lost under $100 as their markup is not as great as you think.... to many people forget the fact that stores and businesses have to buy their items, for example, just because you pay $299 for a PS2 doesnt mean a store makes a dime.

Todd

Galford's Armourer
When i sent MAS an email they never repied so i got their phone# and gave them a call. A few weeks later i had my goodies. Their # is (714)531-4741. Hey give em a call and see what happens.

Cros

n00b
A couple months ago I heard MAS was buried in orders. I know there was a big buzz about their sticks amongst Tekken players. At one point I even read that they had temporally stopped taking orders. I'm not sure if this is still true, but with the release of the PS2 and TTT there will be plenty of people looking for a good stick.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
You're right, Dream, I did forget to factor in the fact that it costs MAS money to actually buy the products they sell.
eek.gif

[rant] Still, if I understand correctly, Super Novas/HGAs are made largely with relatively inexpensive parts. I'm not sure how the actual RGB -> NTSC converter itself is made though, so I could be mistaken.

Regardless, they do put the things together themselves, which does drive down costs. (I know nobody said anything to the contrary.) For instance, hypothetically if EB had a box of parts to make a PS2, that would be cheaper than buying them already assembled from Sony.

Anyway, I doubt it costs these places $200 (including labor) to build an HGA/Super Nova, so I bet they're making more than $100 from each sale. I also bought Metal Slug X and an MVS with my HGA, so that was even more money that MAS could have had.

Even if MAS was swamped with orders, it's still good business to reply to your email. I'd be happier even if I got some canned response such as, "We're sorry for any delays, but we are really busy right now. We'll get to your order as soon as possible." At least I'd be more assured that they'd care about having me as a customer.
Sending out such an email to each customer they couldn't get to right away would take maybe 2 minutes at most, including the time they took to read the customer's email and send out the reply.

Since I never got a reply, I'm still concluding that they weren't interested in my money. [/rant]

I'm not really as upset over this as I probably sound, especially since Great Western was more than happy to take my money.
smile.gif
(And I'm at work right now with nothing better to do.
wink.gif
)

I just don't want to have to bend over backwards to give a company my money.

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by Bad Mofo:
I have tried to order a SuperNOVA from them, but they won't reply my e-mails. Has anyone else had this problem? Or can I get a SuperNOVA anywhere else?
Thanks.
smile.gif

Fact: Mass doesn't like your money! lol

They sure don't like mine when I try to order sticks...