New Neo Collector

Name is Matthew, I have been actively collecting video games for about 5 years and have a collection of about 1500 games for various systems. My primary collection is Xbox and NES stuff and just kinda dabble everywhere else.

I have the same user tag on nintendoage (where I am most active) and DP, just incase some of you might recognize me from there.

I have always feared getting into neo collecting due to the price difference and wanted a cabinet but was always fearful of the maintnance and transportation of one. I bit the bullett about 2 weeks ago and bought one locally with 8 games, here is a pic of the cabinet:

001-5.jpg

So far not so bad on the prices of stuff, I am at 17 games, a 4 slot mvs, and a bunch of paper work/boxes ect. and in it all for about $1G.

Hope to make some new friends here and discuss neo related stuff, this has always been my goal as a collector, but never thought I was worthy of joining the forum until I owned something true to the community.

Matthew

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
You are off to an excellent start, dear friend. (better than I am, anyways :lolz:)

Welcome to the glorious forums of NG.com!

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Welcome aboard dude, nice cab and a decent collection of games too :)

Here is my game list:

View Point
Samurai Showdown II
Samurai Showdown III
World Heroes 2 Jet
Burning Fight
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Neo Turf Masters
League Bowling
KOF 99
Strikers: 1945
Aero Fighters 2
Thrash Rally
Blue's Journey
Bust a Move
Baseball Stars Professional
Baseball Stars 2

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Welcome to the board.
That's a really nice cab and it's DEDICATED!! Very important thing for newcomers to do is seek out a dedicated cab as it will retain it's value. I'd state that you are off to a really good start.
BB

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Only problem is I spent my video game budget for a couple months, so I will be on buying hiadus for a while.
that's a problem?
you've got some really good games already and you probably won't be able to beat viewpoint anytime soon. enjoy what you've got. there are only about 150 different mvs games anyway.

mr.2jz

n00b
Welcome to the forums.

That cab looks to be in very good shape, sweet find.

I'm new here myself (still waiting for my 'Hello World') to get posted in the Welcome section.

Congrats on the other systems as well. I've got a 6foot table in the basement full of systems and various games for each. The NeoGeo is arriving soon, so I might need a larger table :)

So far, all the people I've talked to are very friendly/helpful. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here!

Mike

Jobbox

n00b
Welcome! Your cabinet looks great!

I'm a new cabinet owner, too. I just got done replacing the control panel overlay on mine. I've had just as much fun playing around with the cabinet as I have playing games!

Anyway--see ya around!

Thanks for all the warm welcome's guys! Finally got my coin mechs so the machine is full functioning now. Little more love and this will be a real nice looking cab.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Only problem is I spent my video game budget for a couple months, so I will be on buying hiadus for a while.

haha. i've said that many times. if you see something you want, you'll find a way to get it. I dropped nearly $3k when I started collecting Neo stuff. Luckily, I have recouped $2k and kept a few valuable games and a system.

haha. i've said that many times. if you see something you want, you'll find a way to get it. I dropped nearly $3k when I started collecting Neo stuff. Luckily, I have recouped $2k and kept a few valuable games and a system.

Yeah, it seems that for I have been paying for my stuff, it's a pretty sound investment, should be able to get my money back if I ever need too, but no plans to ever sell this stuff, only reason I have touched my Xbox 360 since I got this cabinet is to watch netflix. Best game system I have bought in a long time.

Hi Guys!

Firstly I just want to say a big hello to everyone on the forums

I am also a new to the ways of the neo geo and am just starting to attempt to build a collection of Japanese AES games. I was just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the direction of the best place to get my hands on collection quality games? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Yeah, nice cab - nice setup in general. I'm quite new to the NG scene, well the carts part anyways. Been playing all the ported games forever and yeah, same deal - the cost, but bit the same bullet and gonna go for all legit.

chupon

n00b
Cab looks great! I just joined the forums after picking up a 6-slot myself. Will have to post a proper introduction when allowed in my own thread.

Keep building that collection of games - looks like you're off to a great start. My cab came with 18 MVS carts (all pretty common).

I'll have to check you out on nintendoage. I'm coming in from racketboy myself. Anyways good luck and enjoy.

neferio

n00b
Here is my game list:

View Point
Samurai Showdown II
Samurai Showdown III
World Heroes 2 Jet
Burning Fight
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Neo Turf Masters
League Bowling
KOF 99
Strikers: 1945
Aero Fighters 2
Thrash Rally
Blue's Journey
Bust a Move
Baseball Stars Professional
Baseball Stars 2

thats an awesome collection to start with.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Dang that's a clean 4-slot! Congrats on the pickup! And you're doing much better at getting the most bang for your buck then I am. $1G? I'm up to 800 now and I only got 10 games plus a 4-slot :p

Hawkeye

n00b
That's a real nice looking cab. Are those factory joysticks? Great starting collection too.