Supergun project

In Jamma position it wires the speakers in series and gives dual mono sound on both speakers:

Jamma L ------ left speaker -

left speaker + ------ right speaker -

right speaker + ------ Jamma 10

total impedence is 8ohm when using 4ohm speakers

In MVS (only for *stereo* MVS boards, not the MV1C) position it's:

Jamma L ------ left speaker +

Jamma 10 ------ right speaker +

Ground ------ left/right speaker -

You're not supposed to change the switch settings for the same board and not supposed to switch with cab on.

After the time since i have finished the supergun i noticed when using the speaker output (2 speakers) if the switch is set to MONO with a MONO JAMMA board (in my case MV-1C or MV-F1S) and i UNPLUG one of ANY of the Speakers cables (+ or - of any ) from the speaker output the sound turns off in both speakers.

Is it normal?...

Xian Xi, i owe you the pics my camera died!

mdm

Rugal's Thug
A while ago, I've sent Jrok an e-mail requesting a v4.1 encoder, a sync cleaner, and several gold-plated phonos he offered for sale on his page, and haven't heard back in a while. Yesterday, I shot off another e-mail at him, and I have yet to hear back from him.

Do anybody here know what's going on with him? I kinda need the supergun parts very soon so I can complete the supergun project...

(Weird, I can't post a new thread, it kept looping back to Preview Post every time I click on Submit...)

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I emailed him months ago regarding some replacement wiring harnesses for the JROK & sync cleaner. Haven't received a reply either.

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
I had the same experience recently. I emailed him like a month ago and haven't received word back. I had to buy my stuff from gatorcade.

mdm

Rugal's Thug
First Dean, now Jrok. Great. Seems like it'll be harder to come by parts for supergun if Gatorcade sells out of the encoders.

*UPDATE* Disregard my old post in this spot.

I've bought Jrok from Gatorcade and a couple of sync cleaners from Jamma-Nation-X. Possibly buying a full set of gold-plated panel mount phonos and s-video from Jamma-Nation-X.

Very glad I managed to get around Jrok's absence...

Last edited:

mdm

Rugal's Thug
I'm almost ready to construct my supergun (Have almost all parts I needed.)

It's going to be in an ammo case from WWII (a pun, "supergun" "ammo case", get it?) and will contain three video encoders, Jrok, NeoBitz, and VGA encoders. Sync cleaner will be connected to Jrok and NeoBitz, same for RGB pots.

However, I'm not so sure about VGA, so I'm seeking out experts' opinions.

Does RGB signal need to be cleaned by sync cleaner before running into VGA encoder? Does VGA suffer from occasional "wrong" colors, so need RGB pots?

Or VGA can output RGB signals from JAMMA cleanly and perfectly?

Thanks.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you are gonna have 3 encoders you might as well have the sync cleaner right from the jamma edge before it's split into the encoders. Don't forget to put a switch to turn the sync cleaner on and off and also a power switch for the 3 encoders. You only want power going to the encoder you are currently using as the RGB strength will drop dramatically with 3 encoders on.

mdm

Rugal's Thug
That's the plan. Well, actually, I'm only using either Jrok or NeoBitz at a time, rather than both. VGA will be powered along with either Jrok or NeoBitz. That won't poses any issues, would it?

You're right, it'll be simpler to just place a sync cleaner immediately after JAMMA cable and before anything else. What about RGB pots? Does VGA need to run through RGB pots?

After the time since i have finished the supergun i noticed when using the speaker output (2 speakers) if the switch is set to MONO with a MONO JAMMA board (in my case MV-1C or MV-F1S) and i UNPLUG one of ANY of the Speakers cables (+ or - of any ) from the speaker output the sound turns off in both speakers.

Is it normal?...

Xian Xi, i owe you the pics my camera died!

Hi guys, i've been long time outta here and i'm back with some queries...
On my supergun i used this switch circuit (if i remember well was given by MKL member) for dual mono / mvs stereo (mv1fs stereo via jamma connector).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_1wbq7eU9v0MchZ6t5E69XMfeXYrLfch/view?usp=sharing

I noticed that when using the MVS on mono or stereo, via Speaker outputs the sound is ok on both speakers (8ohms each is ok or should i change them for 4 ohms speaker??) and also on the RCA jacks (left and right channels, but when it comes to other jamma boards, when using the switch set to mono (dual mono) i have sound on both speakers, but it just come sound from the R jack of the supergun (R = Right = 10 on jamma); L Jamma = Left Jack gives nothing. I tested with many boards and the result is the same.
Also had to remove ground from the RCA jacks because it muted the sound with my actual LED tv (the input to the tv is thru a3.5 miniplug conector (composite + R + L). Now that ground was removed the sound is ok (but just present on the R channel - switch set to dual mono standard jamma board)

I hope you understand my query. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Xian Xi i owe you the pictures of the supergun since so. If you yet want a few now i can take them. Thanks again.

Last edited: