new to the boards

MrSlug

n00b
Well hello everyone. Long time lurker. Decided to join because i'm finally looking to buy an AES and get into the swing of things. Hopefully from one of the members here. Looking forward to posting here!

Yoder

n00b
Hey man. I just did the same thing. got an AES with Fatal Fury 2 and I just got three more of the typical entry level games this week :-)

My plans are to S-video mod it soon, but first I need to play some of these new games :-)

Welcome....even though I'm a newb ;-)

rokubungi

n00b
hello, yet another new user here. just got a 1 slot mvs 1b metal slug 3 and waku waku 7 (not enough room for a cabinet, too many pinball machines :( ) so I'm going the VGA supergun in a competition hori stick route . and I'm making a battery powered supergun with a psone screen (yes I've run the neo on 5v regulated battery power for about 45 minutes from a mid size lipoly pack. no problems at all ! )

gehnom

n00b
badass forum--been a lot of help for a newb like me. loving my 4-slot and already itching for another cab.

Zhobec

n00b
Just want to say a quick hello to fellow neo-geo admirers from Australia!
Hopefully when funds permit, I can get a mvs consolized system and join in the fun.

Zapatones

Banned
Hello, I'm new to the forums as well, so I thought I'd quickly introduce myself here. I've been collecting for the MVS and Neo CD for several years, but just didn't get around to signing up for the forums until recently. I own a consolized MV-1FZ, a consolized MV-2F, Neo Geo CD, and just recently got a modded Home Cart system. I've been looking forward to meeting other Neo enthusiasts and becoming a part of the global Neo Geo community. Thanks to all!

dtg84

n00b
Ahhh, it all makes sense now. I guess I should have read this thread sooner. Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to geeking out with all of you!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Lawl!

I'll take ten Pocket Reversi off of you in exchange for you sucking my dick... seems reasonable to me.

kthxbai

i cant post either, i have a bunch of games for neo geo pocket if anyone is interested in the bundle also have the clear neo geo. my brother in law used to work for neo geo and he got me a bunch of games including all the rare games. have you ever seen wrestling madness for neo geo pocket? pocket reversi, evolution, cool boarders, neo bacarrat, oekaki puzzle, cool boarders. let me know if your interested

email me at suckadick@yahoo.com

Frank

dtg84

n00b
Still not able to post anything. I would really like to ask a question regarding my recently acquired MVS board; not sure how many posts I need to make before I am deemed to be a true Neo Geo enthusiast.

tombou

n00b
Hi Ops. I'm a new member and have seemingly been playing a level on Gauntlet with hidden walls for the past week. This thread helps quite a bit to add some definition to what I've so far perceived as an intangible rule-set. Might I politely suggest stating your expectations on a sticky post at the top of the forums? :)

This site is great one, with an active community of knowledgeable folks and little spam-- partly because of these policies I'm sure, but having stated guidelines would be great!

I apologize if I've blindly missed an FAQ that states expectations for newbies (and if so, please send me a link to RTFM)

Drif Hk

n00b
Hello, new member here. Hoping to work towards some sort of MVS setup in the near future.

Spadger

n00b
Hello to all for my first post. I've been playing games since I was four, starting on the humble Dragon 32K and playing on almost every new console generation since then. I have always wanted a Neo Geo AES from the moment I clapped eyes on one back in the early 90's at my local import shop. Since i only had a paper round at the time I could only dream of owning one back then!

I Have recently been considering puchasing an AES but i'm confused by the number of options. Can someone please point me in the right direction!? Ultimately I would like to be able to play games from any region and was wondering what the best set up is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BlueBMW

New Challenger
I'm glad I found this thread. I couldnt quite figure out why almost every link I clicked said I was restricted :D Makes perfect sense now though.

I'm much newer to the Neo Geo scene. All I've got is a smattering of NGPC stuff. At a convention a few weeks ago, I got to see / play some AES stuff, and it was pretty slick! For the most part, I'm a console and PC gamer. I am most into Turbo Grafx / PC engine stuff, and to a lesser extent Laseractive. It looks like there is some neat hardware options for Neo Geo stuff, and that really interests me. I do a lot of repair work on Turbo / PC engine stuff, and on Laseractive stuff, so Neo Geo looks like the next system to get in to!

Hex

n00b
Hi Mods...

Posting this here cos I can't find any way of PMing for support. I can't start threads in any forums (including sub forums, I think I should be able to post new threads in some places?) and I can't access anyone's profile (including my own). Is this correct, or is something kinda wonky with my account? Don't think I've ever been on a forum with this many restrictions :(

syrotuck

n00b
Yip new here too. Just recently bought a Japanese AES and some carts. Been spending far too much time playing Last Blade. It really is a beautiful game. Not my first Neo experience though. Have fond memories of playing with a mate at a local arcade. We put a tenner in trying to beat Geese at the end of Fatal Fury. He kept kicking our arse tho. Now I've finally purchased a machine I don't think it will be the last time I lose all my money lol.

Borgeois

n00b
Howdy! I'm new to the forums and I currently have my very own Neo Geo AES system on the way in the mail via Japan! I'm looking forward to gaining knowledge from the more experienced members and hopefully being able to build my own collection along the way.

I hope I can be as insightful and knowledgable as those of you who have been here for years one day and help those who are just starting out like me. =)

Borgeois

iori3310

n00b
sir i have a very critical problem to discuss. i am using core i 5 2nd generation processor and motherboard of intel dh61ww ddr3. after buying this new configured pc i cannot run neogeo. if i run neogeo the display scrambles and won't display anything. again i tried using my hard disk on my friend's pc and his configuration is Pentium 4 processor and motherboard of intel 945 series ddr2 motherboard and my neogeo ran great on his pc. i still don't know what to do sir, can you help please any suggestions............please don't say to use mame cause i know neogeo is the best..........

iori3310

n00b
sir i have a very critical problem to discuss. i am using core i 5 2nd generation processor and motherboard of intel dh61ww ddr3. after buying this new configured pc i cannot run neogeo. if i run neogeo the display scrambles and won't display anything. again i tried using my hard disk on my friend's pc and his configuration is Pentium 4 processor and motherboard of intel 945 series ddr2 motherboard and my neogeo ran great on his pc. i still don't know what to do sir, can you help please any suggestions............please don't say to use mame cause i know neogeo is the best..........

anyone can send me suggestion to my email id "imran33102yahoo.com"

Crush Roller

Rugal's Thug
Welcome
Good to see a constant stream of new members,do not worry if you are having trouble posting when you first join it happened to me to-just keep returning and browse the forum until you are able to post :)