new to the boards

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Hi there, new guy here! I just picked up my first candy cabinet, a NAC, and have decided to put a MVS 1-slot into it.
I've collected arcade machines before, mostly woodie cabs, but have been wanting to get a candy for a while now. I finally pulled the trigger!
Currently I'm restoring an Asteroids cocktail machine, and will be moving onto my Robotron Cabaret, but at some point in the near future I will be tackling a restoration on my NAC! This will be the first cabinet I've worked on that's not made of wood.

I've been an active member on BYOAC, and KLOV, and recently joined Arcade Otaku and here to get more familiar with the technical aspects of maintaining a candy cabinet, as well as a MVS system. Also both here and AO have much more of a Neo Geo market that I hope to take advantage of.

Looking forward to joining this forum, and will definitely share my restoration experience with my NAC when the time comes!
:)

Yoder

n00b
Cool, sounds like a nice project! Would love to restore an arcade cab some day! Welcome! In a couple of weeks you'll even be able to create your own thread :-)

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Haha, no kiddin'. Pretty strict registration rules, but hey, it helps weed out the "trash".
;)

brad_irc

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Haha, no kiddin'. Pretty strict registration rules, but hey, it helps weed out the "trash".
;)

Woowoo go Canada! I'm in the Interior, would have pm'd you but sadly my account is still locked after 10 days. Not sure if I have to get my post count up or what the whole deal is, so this is technically shameful fluff. :(

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Woowoo go Canada! I'm in the Interior, would have pm'd you but sadly my account is still locked after 10 days. Not sure if I have to get my post count up or what the whole deal is, so this is technically shameful fluff. :(

Don't forget to change your flag there mister! :)
Good to see a fellow BC boy here. Interior eh? If you're close to Penticton , you're lucky! I've been seeing a bunch of classic arcade cabinets come out of there in the last few months. Posted mostly on CL. Seems like someone's doing a warehouse clearing.

Go Canucks Go!

brad_irc

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Fixed! My account is unlocked now, finally! :D

Old operator out of Pentiction is closing his route, there were some mega classics for sale. PP1, Starwars cockpit, Gyruss .. had a minty Mortal Kombat that went before I could get it. My collection includes now: Asteroids, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong (cocktail), Stargate, Chase HQ, S.A.R., Galaga, 1943, Neogeo mvs-1 25" monitor :D

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Fixed! My account is unlocked now, finally! :D

Old operator out of Pentiction is closing his route, there were some mega classics for sale. PP1, Starwars cockpit, Gyruss .. had a minty Mortal Kombat that went before I could get it. My collection includes now: Asteroids, Mario Bros, Donkey Kong (cocktail), Stargate, Chase HQ, S.A.R., Galaga, 1943, Neogeo mvs-1 25" monitor :D

Ooooh, i was considering that Gyruss something fierce, but I unfortunately I hit my wife-approval cap with my NAC. Gyruss is one of my favourite games as well, and to play on that funky coloured standup, with a Monroe stick is just amazing. Oh well...maybe if we ever move to a bigger space.

Stunan

n00b
Hey guys I'm new to these forums. I'm a fan/collector of retro games mainly SNES and MVS and I've joined the forum for trading/buying neo games and hardware (feeding the habit lol).

msn

n00b
hey, i just wanna ask how much BASEBALL STARS 2 and LAST RESORT games are worth? Both AES, EU-US and without instructions. 120Euros is a good deal to buy them?

BlindIo

n00b
welcome aboard everyone
looking forward to the day when i can start new threads

also, which is the best image hosting site?, want to show off my CMVS!

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
welcome aboard everyone
looking forward to the day when i can start new threads

also, which is the best image hosting site?, want to show off my CMVS!

I use photobucket, been ok for me :-).
Welcome to the boards aswell bud

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Welcome aboard, all you noobs!

Make sure you are familiar with the War Room as I am sure more than a few of you will turn out to be trolls and be locked in there anyways.

Also, when the time comes, I am sure some of you will get all pissy and demand to have your account deleted because someone kicked sand in your vagina. Fear not! While the administration doesn't typically delete accounts (he's too busy playing Warcraft), there is a simple solution:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...cribing-To-Neo-Geo.Com-(Long-Form)&highlight=

Otherwise, welcome aboard...shit heads!

:angry:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Welcome aboard, all you noobs!

Make sure you are familiar with the War Room as I am sure more than a few of you will turn out to be trolls and be locked in there anyways.

Also, when the time comes, I am sure some of you will get all pissy and demand to have your account deleted because someone kicked sand in your vagina. Fear not! While the administration doesn't typically delete accounts (he's too busy playing Warcraft and Magic, selling carpets), there is a simple solution:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...cribing-To-Neo-Geo.Com-(Long-Form)&highlight=

Otherwise, welcome aboard...shit heads!

:angry:

improved.

brad_irc

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I think it's pretty shitty that you have to guess how to get your account unlocked... but whatever :P

Hi everyone! I was a Neogeo fan when I was a kid.
I register here because I want to share the full version of Neogeo Df station Live 99.

~ SNK presents: NeoGeo DJ Station Live '99 ~ (FULL!)

After years of waiting...finally someone managed to rip the full show from LD!

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?su8atthf7p06b

This is ripped by kuroneko3 (niconico douga)!!

No watermarks
The video quality is not supreme.

Sneak Peek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dx00qvpqOE

*The ratio is supposed to be 4:3, I don't know why youtube changed it to 16:9.

Last edited:
I was going to correct my grammar and spelling, but apparently I can't edit my own post. :/
Sorry.

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hi people, new to the boards. Just purchased an AES with 4 games. Loved the Neo Geo since i was a kid. Tried to buy one in early 90`s but got sold the day before i got to shop. Anyway managed to get my hands on one now so hopefully i can build a nice collection over time (but not as nice as some of the amazing collections on here).

lunch_box

n00b
Hello all, also a noob to the boards. I am just in the process of purchasing my first neo geo! I have wanted one ever since I was kid and I saw them advertised in the back of games magazines from import stores! Can't wait to get started.

msn

n00b
hey, any chance to give me right to post messages? Im member here for about two weeks