new to the boards

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Hello! I've finally joined Neo-Geo.com after a few buyers of mine (from ebay) said I should join!

I've been into Neo Geo for a long time now. Originally AES but have gone more into MVS over the last few years as I also play Jamma boards so have gone the whole supergun route.

:mr_t:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hello! I've finally joined Neo-Geo.com after a few buyers of mine (from ebay) said I should join!

I've been into Neo Geo for a long time now. Originally AES but have gone more into MVS over the last few years as I also play Jamma boards so have gone the whole supergun route.

:mr_t:

...All those guys from ebay really hate you... seriously... only a fool joins this site from recommendations from buyers....

I'll be one of the first to welcome you... enjoy your stay....

xROTx

PS. I'm already taking a betting pool on how long you'll last....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Cheers guys :lol:

...We don't even like you man... that IDchappy bloke has placed a £2 bet you'll only last 2 weeks....

... He's from Scotland and wouldn't part with his money unless it was a sure fire thing.... you're fooked....

xROTx

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
that's quite a generous bet coming from a Scot! Being part Scot myself I know it's hard to part with cash so IDchappy must think he's on a winner :D

Hi!

Hi everyone!

I guess I just signed up and wanted to introduce Myself.

My name is ChaosCharza, and I love Arcades, especially that plucky and worthwhile machine, the Neo-Geo.

I remember that wherever I went to small arcades as a kid in the 90's I saw them. They were unique, fun, and I have great memories attributed. I can remember 11 years ago playing Spin-Master almost all the way through (we ran out of quarters) with a good friend at the time.

I initially came to this site as I am in the market to buy a machine (details when my privileges on here are extended). However, seeing how close-knit this forum is (particularly Cappadonna's amazing post on the forum's stance toward scams), I feel like I can make this a good home on the interwebs for myself and all those around the forum. I ain't a troll or a spammer (or else I'd be banned preeetty quickly), and if I mess up on even small things, it's far from intentional and will jump immediately to correct it.

So, yeah. Thanx Guys! I look forward to seeing you all here!

Yoder

n00b
Hey guys I'm new here. Hope to learn a lot. I was in High School win the neo-geo came out and I just drooled over these things. They have one at Gameworks in town and it was nice to still see it get so much respect (along with a couple of CPS2 fighters). I don't think the kids there realized how legendary this system is...or even that it was old school for that matter.

Now that I have some $$ to play with it's time to make a game plan to pick one of these babies up. As much as I love the looks of the AES, I have a feeling I'll be going the MVS route. I have a feeling that if I get an AES, I'll missing out on a lot of great games. Plus, I think I'd like to build my own consolized MVS if possible. It would be quite a project for me to obsess over. I see a two slot board for sale locally so maybe I'll talk to the guy to see what's up with it.

Now to do some reading and catch up on everything I've missed!

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
As much as I love the looks of the AES, I have a feeling I'll be going the MVS route. I have a feeling that if I get an AES, I'll missing out on a lot of great games.

Welcome!

MVS is the cheapest way but you could always get an AES with MVS converter so that you can still play MVS exclusive games as well as getting a good AES collection :buttrock:

Yoder

n00b
Yeah, that may be the way I end up going for now. I'm working out a deal on an AES right now. I like the look of the AES, and for me, that's a lot of the experience. But maybe an MVS project will be something I can work on over time. BTW, I can't believe MVS converters are $250...I was hoping like $150 or so. Maybe the Phantoms are cheaper now there are better alternatives?

Cool thing is I can start off with the cheap games for now to get my feet wet. Magician Lord and Sengoku 2 are new and exciting to me :-) Ignorance is bliss ;-)

jeffers

n00b
Hi all, new to the forum and just bought a 6 slot cab. Cant wait to get it up and running :)

Anyone know how long before I can start my own threads? Registered yesterday but havent got permissions yet :(

Yoder

n00b
Hey man, that's sweet. Just missed a deal on a two-slot board locally :-( Would love to get an MVS setup.

Not sure when you can actually post here. I guess we're just supposed to start responding to peoples' topics. I'd feel like butting in on a group of friends' conversation when they don't even know me. I guess it's safe for us "Time Neo Newbies" here for a while ;-) Maybe I should start a forum called Neo-Newbies where new people could actually join and ask all their stupid questions...and maybe they could even start topics ;-)

brad_irc

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Admins - any idea when I can start topics?

Good question, but I just finally figured out I can at least reply to a thread! Time to go high jack someone else's thread....

Anyhow, first post usuals:

long time arcade collector, accidently bought a neogeo yesterday! been wanting to find a real dedicated neogeo cab for a long time now, but this will do. Was buying another cabinet (SNK - SAR (search and rescue, ls30 joysticks)), and picked up a neat looking cab ($50) -- ended up having a MV-1FS board with Art of Fighting in it

MattMan69

n00b
N00b here, looking forward to being able to start my own thread. Being able to access my own profile would be nice too :)

jeffers

n00b
Looks like my profile has been enabled now - can start new threads. No idea who/what got it enabled!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Well I am also brand new and have ust figured out this whole probationary thing. I am building a home arcade and just landed my excalibur - a 6 slot mvs cab in great shape with 11 games. Now i am here. Im not planning on selling anything unless i end up with doubles of something or end up with a better version of what i have. I will however be looking to buy some things. I hope to be an active member. The neo geo was the unbotainable toy of my childhood. I am stoked to finally have one. Just saying 'hi' and once my restriction is over, i will be much more active.