Lots of new Cave ports coming to 360

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Fair enough. Not sure why i was so cranky in my initial response.

OH WAIT- I DO KNOW WHY I WAS SO CRANKY. Cobb is a dirty fucking cheat. Thanks to those who caught him, and to Bobak for doing something about it.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
OH WAIT- I DO KNOW WHY I WAS SO CRANKY. Cobb is a dirty fucking cheat. Thanks to those who caught him, and to Bobak for doing something about it.

:lolz: Who did he screw over?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
86291441.gif

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Your spider sense is tingling even before they caught him.

TonK

Least Valuable Player

You're welcome. Over the past 8 years - I can pretty much read him. And if I didn't catch him, someone else would have.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I think there's more than one fake account in this thread :spock:

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
You're welcome. Over the past 8 years - I can pretty much read him. And if I didn't catch him, someone else would have.

Mike, i wasn't sure if it were you or KitKit that caught him this time. Wasn't sure who specifically to thank. I want to give credit where it is due- so thank you. Off topic- is your AIM up? I tried to hit you a few weeks back. . .i'm still jimtype, and got it working on my phone finally. Wanna rap re: OH meet up. Peace.

J. Max

judas,
5pb previously tried to release Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou and Ketsui as XBLA ports and were denied by Microsoft. Many people are unaware but G.Revolution has been trying to have Under Defeat released on XBLA for the past 3 years. Cave had tried to release some of their games already as XBLA ports and were denied and instead the games were brought to retail. At one point Cave posted on their blog several times with the trouble with Microsoft at getting Guwange released on Live Arcade. No official platform was announced when Dangun Feveron was shown leaving it up in the air although the game was being played with Xbox 360 controllers. Perhaps it was a PC port that they were playing who knows at this point. It it just well documented that many Japanese developers have problems with having their games released on 360 unless they are exclusive or offer some type of online play. And by development of Guwange I meant the XBLA port. Cave had produced the game knowing they were facing off with Microsoft and the game was finally given approval earlier this year although they had planned the game three years ago.

Oh geez...you're back again? FUCCCCCKCKKKKKKKKKKKK YOOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
i almost bought a ton of stuff off of him back in the day....i think he was called japjack or something back then...glad i decided against it.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
i almost bought a ton of stuff off of him back in the day....i think he was called japjack or something back then...glad i decided against it.

He must have been called 'or something' cause japjack is not japhei. japjack, while abrasive to some-some of the time. . .'jack was *never* 1) from FL (he is British) or 2) a cheat. Smarten yourself up a bit before throwing a guy's name in the mix with this japhei scum.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
He must have been called 'or something' cause japjack is not japhei. japjack, while abrasive to some-some of the time. . .'jack was *never* 1) from FL (he is British) or 2) a cheat. Smarten yourself up a bit before throwing a guy's name in the mix with this japhei scum.

my bad......not trying to offend..."you".

p.s. kid toucher for sure...suuuuuuper scummy. looks like the regulars at our local gamestop.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
DFK is available for pre-order at NCSX today (and is a tad bit cheaper than Play-Asia too).

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
DFK Limited Edition is also up for pre-order now at NCSX too :)

But I'm done w/ LE's, I just got the regular edition.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
JP Deathsmiles Arcade mode is nearly 100% accurate to the PCB, pretty much as good as it gets. Lack of scanlines and true 240p output do make it a hair inferior, I'll give you that. But most people aren't going to pay $500+ for scanlines in one game.

how exactly do scanlines help the game? as far as resolution why would 240 be better than 1080? i would assume a more "complete " picture would allow you to be more precise in youre manuvering.

Strider77

Zero's Secretary
how exactly do scanlines help the game? as far as resolution why would 240 be better than 1080? i would assume a more "complete " picture would allow you to be more precise in youre manuvering.

It doesn't make it harder, but it does make it look ugly. Unless they actually give it a HD overhaul on the foreground sprites... like cave did fortunately on the 360 modes.

Thanks god they just didn't slap the old low res sprites upscaled and filtered on top of some high res 2D background like playmore has done a few times. It looks so horrible.

You can't slap low res sprites (no matter how much filtering) on top of a high res back ground and expect it to look good. It's like a cameraman keeping the camera focused on the background the whole time instead of the actors. It just looks wrong and not proper.

Last edited:

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It doesn't make it harder, but it does make it look ugly. Unless they actually give it a HD overhaul on the foreground sprites... like cave did fortunately on the 360 modes.

Thanks god they just didn't slap the old low res sprites upscaled and filtered on top of some high res 2D background like playmore has done a few times. It looks so horrible.

You can't slap low res sprites (no matter how much filtering) on top of a high res back ground and expect it to look good. It's like a cameraman keeping the camera focused on the background the whole time instead of the actors. It just looks wrong and not proper.

so which shmups have been presented in this manner recently? arent scanlines really just a void in the picture?so upscaling would provide you with a more complete image. i agree with the 2d spites over a hi-res background ala playmore looking like ass..but i havent really seen any shmups that have done this...while i do know some ps2 games look horrid on a lcd(usually the ones that have no 16:9 option, and looked horrid in the first place but wasnt as noticeable due to a lower res.) some of them dont look as putrid as the crt only crowd makes em out to be.........i think a great deal of the problem is the vhs to dvd arguement. some old vhs movies could get away with cheaper and less realistic effects but when dvd and then bluray came along you are immediately aware of just how shitty the movie looked...watch lotr on dvd then on bluray..gandolfs nose looks like glued on poo.

Last edited:

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
i understand the technical aspects but i ve never been shown a clear cut example of why scanlines make an arcade game look and play better...side by side comparisons? and the pictures on that site do little to convince me of this arguement....

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
i understand the technical aspects but i ve never been shown a clear cut example of why scanlines make an arcade game look and play better...side by side comparisons? and the pictures on that site do little to convince me of this arguement....

I think it's just a personal preference. I don't think it's definitively better. It basically just emulates playing it on an arcade monitor which some people are just used to, so it looks more "right."

I think it lends itself well to low res games. Progear looks great emulated on my HD television, but it looks even better (to me) with, albeit faked, scanlines.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member

What argument? You either like the look of them or you don't. It's personal preference. Nobody said anything about games playing better.