ideas for a cave pin up..

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
just finished up a few tattoo commisions and have free time so i thought i d do a personal pin up. i ve been playing alot of cave shooties lately so i was leaning towards a mushi pin up..maybe a forest theme(her on a tree stump the beeyle on the top of the tree maybe? ideas for theme would be appreiated, go into detail!!

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Hmm, sounds interesting.

Something involving Mushihimesama comes immediately to mind. But then, something from Ibara sounds a bit more exciting. Too tired/not enough experience with the game to go into detail...

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
just finished up a few tattoo commisions and have free time so i thought i d do a personal pin up. i ve been playing alot of cave shooties lately so i was leaning towards a mushi pin up..maybe a forest theme(her on a tree stump the beeyle on the top of the tree maybe? ideas for theme would be appreiated, go into detail!!

Sounds cool dude, I look forward to seeing what you produce :buttrock:

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Not really into the Cave style artwork (or at least the character design aspect) but would totally like to see some of your other artwork if you feel like posting it?

Do you work full time as an artist or more of hobbyist? Ive done alot of tattoo commissions in the past but always found people never know what they want and expect revision upon revision while still paying the same shitty rate for an original piece of art. Now I really just do them for friends who trust me to make some bad ass shit without micromanaging everything.

Got a couple of buddies who run custom shops in SF and they actually make pretty good bank... always thought I would like doing tattooing for a living, but its hard to get anyone actually worth a shit to agree to take on apprentices. Now I just draw creatures and concept art for a living... pretty rad job actually.

Last edited:

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Got a couple of buddies who run custom shops in SF and they actually make pretty good bank... always thought I would like doing tattooing for a living, but its hard to get anyone actually worth a shit to agree to take on apprentices. Now I just draw creatures and concept art for a living... pretty rad job actually.[/QUOTE]

sounds like my dream job...just moved so as soon as i am settled in i ll work up some stuff...

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Got a couple of buddies who run custom shops in SF and they actually make pretty good bank... always thought I would like doing tattooing for a living, but its hard to get anyone actually worth a shit to agree to take on apprentices. Now I just draw creatures and concept art for a living... pretty rad job actually.[/QUOTE]

sounds like my dream job...just moved so as soon as i am settled in i ll work up some stuff...
last thing i uploaded to the net....
http://iluvmonsterz.deviantart.com/art/frankenstein-monster-flyer-162991921

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Nice too see another horror nut on the threads. Are you mainly into classic 50's/60's horror?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Yeah, if you're going to do a Cave pin-up, it has to be an Ibara girl.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Nice too see another horror nut on the threads. Are you mainly into classic 50's/60's horror?

i m into anything thats good.....i love the universal monsters as icons but theyre not something i watch frequently...i really love the art and posters from that period though..man amazing stuff compared to the cg pap we get thrown nowadays...ugh! i am a big fan of the creepy and famous monster mag as well, real good stuff! i mostly draw/paint mosters so the cave pin up will be kinda weird for me..lol

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
right on! Cool stuff man... I grew up watching and subsequently drawing horror/monster stuff as well so it's nice to see other like minded peoples.

Speaking of old horror mags... I still have a couple boxes filled with my old Deep Red and Fangoria's... really need to dig those out.... spent many an hours looking at the money shots and mask ads as a youth.

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
yea man we have a massive fangoria/horror hound/rue morgue magazine collection!!! just started collecting the old creepy/eerie/famous monster mags from the 50/60/70's...the covers are amazing. check out BASIL GOGOS the man is a legend. i hevent been getting much drawing done with the move and such but i am on vacation this week so i ll be getting down to business!!!

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Not really into the Cave style artwork (or at least the character design aspect) but would totally like to see some of your other artwork if you feel like posting it?

Do you work full time as an artist or more of hobbyist? Ive done alot of tattoo commissions in the past but always found people never know what they want and expect revision upon revision while still paying the same shitty rate for an original piece of art. Now I really just do them for friends who trust me to make some bad ass shit without micromanaging everything.

Got a couple of buddies who run custom shops in SF and they actually make pretty good bank... always thought I would like doing tattooing for a living, but its hard to get anyone actually worth a shit to agree to take on apprentices. Now I just draw creatures and concept art for a living... pretty rad job actually.

:drool: Teach me your ways o wise Sensai

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
EARLY colors..no background yet. not sure i like it....i never paint stuff like this so it seems pretty "off" to me...let me know if i should keep on or jettison this sucker.

mlqh05.jpg