ROK v NIGERIA now playing (8pm EST) on KBS World

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
What an awesome game. S.Korea up 2-1 at the half. No vulvuzellas, hardly any dives, and just a real pretty game to watch. Refreshing to say the least- this last Cup and its presentation had me needing a break from international play.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
So who won dude? And was the second half just as good as the first?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
So who won dude? And was the second half just as good as the first?

Thx for asking:). When no one replied for days on end, i figured- meh. So the game ended with Korea winning 2-1. Exciting 2nd half, with Nigeria sooo close to equalizing. To their credit, Nigeria *never* gave up. Lots of good pressure. ROK really started creating space again toward the end, and i just don't think Nigeria counted on ROK's '12th' man. What a display (Korea was playing @ home) ! Parade horns and drums, big chants, and what appeared to be a bright red smoke bomb that went off in the stands behind th net after the 2nd ROK goal.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
:glee: , certianly sounded like a decent match bud. Both the Asian and African continants have come on tons in the last few years. I like them end to end kinda matches, worth a watch :)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
For sure, some of my fav types o' matches myself.:) i'm trying to figure out how to put this. . . Ah, ef it- i'm just gonna say it. Here in the US during the 'Cup there were a string of Nike adverts that were upbeat, exciting, and featured 'stars'. These adverts (while fake, i know) had better showings by Rooney & others than they gave in the entire 'Cup. This+ the other points of frustration many of us felt during this World Championship, left me flat on international footy. *this game changed that* It was a breath of fresh air to watch both sides play pretty, confident ball. Also, the officiating and sportsmanship on offer were outstanding. This match exceeded my expectations.. . and help quiet the sting of this last 'Cup.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Yeah, the last world cup was far from a classic thats for sure, wasnt terrible but wasnt great :(