Refresh my Memory...

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
If you select the wrong bank it will be wiped. Thats why its a good idea to have a sticker on there that tells you what each bank is for. I dont know what would happen if you write protect the chip during boot, but it might help.

As far as copying the data, that would need a lot more to the circuit. I havent thought that far ahead.

Or, could the circuit be modified so that it runs through 2 banks - thereby creating a backup instead of copying existing data?

That seems like a different idea in my head.

arit

n00b
Would there be any disadvantage in piggybacking the new one on top of the old one(and disconnecting +5V of course), assumed there is enough room inside the case?

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Are you guys planning on making some of these and selling them?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Does anyone know if there has been any progress on sram saves in mame yet? I may rig a memory card adapter to one and dump what lives in there.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I have a spare Rev 1 NTM I can donate, I haven't used it an ages as I haven't been able to get sound from the jamma edge. The mod tutorial for this on Jamma Nation X is a bit unclear to me..

dave010567

n00b
h64sram.jpg

LMK if this doesnt make any sense. This auction has a good sram chip for the job with the pinouts you need. Its SOJ, but you can still solder it down to the pads. Here is an example of a regular 2 position dip switch. Anything like this will work.

The only thing you have to do is make a guide as to what game is in each save bank. Time for me to dump these extra hyper boards I have...

Hi I want to do this mod to my motherboard could you please confirm to me where I find the chip to remove/ replace.

Many thanks
Dave

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I don't own my Hyper stuff anymore, but this is super-rad work! Good job, man!