summer transfer window

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
who do you want your team to sign? who have they signed? what big rumors do you know going about?

as a chelsea fan i'd love if we just signed well anyone. we've signed benayoun, but i don't know why we need an aging jew with a penchant for sitting on the bench. i guess he's just a sub for joe cole who was a whiny englishman, who granted when he was on form was great, it just took him ages to get on form, then he got injured, then he was just a sub for a while. so i guess yossi will keep his spot on the bench warm.

i'd love for us to sign a big name midfielder i've heard rumors of kaka, or even that young german lad ozil. but as of yet they're all just rumors and not much else. plus i'm sure madrid wouldn't sell us kaka unless we gave mourinho ashley cole, and fuck that he's one of the best defenders we got, can't spare someone that good for a kaka who is from what i've heard a bit out of shape.

there hasn't been much going on down at the bridge so far, just a bit of preseason training. and we had a game against crystal palace last weekend where essien scored. and all three of our keepers stood between the sticks a bit. but the blokes look to be in good form and ready for a good season. good enough to defend the premiership? dunno. maybe everyone else for every other team will get injured. imma be going back to ireland next week for what could be indefinite. i'd love to hop a ryanairflight to london and nick some tickets off somewhere to see the opening match against west brom. i doubt it'll happen. but i can dream can't i? though knowing my luck i'd get to london and there'd be a transit worker's strike. oh wait, there always is.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't really care about the Premier League. I figure people know this. Stupid money thrown around and the English press are tough to love.

Roma has picked up 2 overweight players with Adriano and Simplicio. I don't know what to make of that. I really hope those two get in shape by mid August. It's coming up fast.

Roma needs a right back badly. They let Motta go to Juve and have nothing to show for it.

Totti won't be able to play forever, much less half a season, so they need a new guy to fill the second striker role. No more slow strikers either. Baptista, Adriano, Totti, come on. Need for speed. Giuseppe Rossi is available. But he doesn't want to go.

Problem is Rosella Sensi. She's selling the team, involuntarily for the most part, but at her own timeline, and thus refusing to give the tools necessary to make the adjustments in the off season. It's not looking good.

I am still hopeful that come August 31, a whirlwind of activity will happen.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
you never know roma could get sold and wind up being bought by some oil tycoon with empty pockets and crazy ambitions. though hell with all the talk of slow players and the whatnot they still did pretty decent last season. though i don't knwo you guys have a decent squad. i'd kill to have mexes for example. guys great in the back four. though totti is getting up there in years and has maybe a year or so left before he starts looking at the MLS for retirement haha. i'd say some defenders, and a good striker would sort you guys out. i'm sure after the world cup, they can pick up a good yet unknown striker for not much.

i know luis suarez doesn't have much time left on his contract with ajax. though with an owner wanting to sell, there's prolly not much money in the bank for players needed. but with the coaching change to inter, the championship might be wide open since the special one isn't about. i don't know, i'd say roma has a decent chance. if you guys could sign a big name striker one who is known for about 15-20 goals a season. (which in italy would drop as they're so defense happy) i'd say you'd be set to take it off inter. rafa benitez is a chump, really should make inter ripe for the plucking.