Who is your favorite player?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
For me it's currently Joe Cole. I don't like Chelsea but I love Joe Cole's ability to play the entire pitch. He's everywhere and can play any position.

179662.png

When I play, I try to emulate his style. Not too fond of his wife though. Nobby knees and a buttaface.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I do like Gerrard, when he's on form and fired up for Liverpool he's fantastic :)

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Lee Chung-Yong.

came to Bolton last summer for £2.2m and no one knew what to expect. 12 months later and there are rumours of £10m bids from Liverpool.

The guy has amazing talent and probably won't stay at Bolton for long, but for as long as he is there, he'll still be a favourite.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Thomas Müller (Bayern München)

97332.jpg

The only problem is his home club, I hate Bayern München with a passion.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
For me it's currently Joe Cole. I don't like Chelsea but I love Joe Cole's ability to play the entire pitch. He's everywhere and can play any position.

179662.png

When I play, I try to emulate his style. Not too fond of his wife though. Nobby knees and a buttaface.

See your boys away to Liverpool then wasabi, should be a good move for him i think :)

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I'm not so sure, he bound to get more football playing at the pool and they should be playing attacking footie, which should fit his style of play. We'll have to wait and see I guess :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm not so sure, he bound to get more football playing at the pool and they should be playing attacking footie, which should fit his style of play. We'll have to wait and see I guess :)

anything is better than going to Citeh. Their lineup is insane. They have more big name depth than Madrid.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
anything is better than going to Citeh. Their lineup is insane. They have more big name depth than Madrid.

yeah but they could end up like madrid and just get outplayed by teams with not as many big names. though i do hate the spanish league quite a bit, and i dislike the champions league even more so i wont be watching them.

but as for favorite player. i don't know if i have one. i did quite like makelele back in his prime. but he's old and gone now. when didier drogba is on form, and not pissed off about something or another he's unstoppable. the problem is he's got a bad temperament. i don't know. there's loads of good players out there whom i like and respect. and loads of ones who just piss me off. though i think one i quite like even though i hate the team he's on. a real solid player. shay given. that guy is like a brick wall between the posts. and though i hate man city. i'd say of all the players they've bought up in recent years he's probably the most solid investment.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
yeah but they could end up like madrid and just get outplayed by teams with not as many big names. though i do hate the spanish league quite a bit, and i dislike the champions league even more so i wont be watching them.

but as for favorite player. i don't know if i have one. i did quite like makelele back in his prime. but he's old and gone now. when didier drogba is on form, and not pissed off about something or another he's unstoppable. the problem is he's got a bad temperament. i don't know. there's loads of good players out there whom i like and respect. and loads of ones who just piss me off. though i think one i quite like even though i hate the team he's on. a real solid player. shay given. that guy is like a brick wall between the posts. and though i hate man city. i'd say of all the players they've bought up in recent years he's probably the most solid investment.

The CL is awesome because it's the best of each European league. Spain is great because they play the best looking football that is closest to what we see in South America.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
The CL is awesome because it's the best of each European league. Spain is great because they play the best looking football that is closest to what we see in South America.

don't like the champions league because for some reason or another my team consistently chokes every year they've been in it. and it just pisses me off too much. its why i can't watch those games in a pub or with other people around. i'm too likely to start a fight. its not good for the blood pressure for me.

and i don't like the spanish league, just something about it. i'll watch it if there's nothing else on. but it doesn't appeal to me. i do like the bundesliga though, and italy. and england. but i can't really get into spain. i guess its like that good looking girl you know you can't get, so you just go on not liking her even though you know she's hot. i don't like the spanish league even though i know they've got good players, and such. its just well out of my league haha.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
don't like the champions league because for some reason or another my team consistently chokes every year they've been in it. and it just pisses me off too much. its why i can't watch those games in a pub or with other people around. i'm too likely to start a fight. its not good for the blood pressure for me.

and i don't like the spanish league, just something about it. i'll watch it if there's nothing else on. but it doesn't appeal to me. i do like the bundesliga though, and italy. and england. but i can't really get into spain. i guess its like that good looking girl you know you can't get, so you just go on not liking her even though you know she's hot. i don't like the spanish league even though i know they've got good players, and such. its just well out of my league haha.

You basically just told me you like boring football. Bundesliga is the suck of all European football.

The Spanish league has somethings that are fucked up, like the lack of balance. You can count on either Real or Barca winning it all, even though Valencia, Villareal, Atletico and Sevilla all deserve respect for fighting to get #3... But then the play in their games is beautiful. It's nothing like watching a Serie A game. There's great passing and scoring. They aren't afraid to play more than 1 striker. It's fluid. That's what Football is supposed to be about.

Closest team to that in England is Arsenal, followed by Man City (lol).

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
You basically just told me you like boring football. Bundesliga is the suck of all European football.

The Spanish league has somethings that are fucked up, like the lack of balance. You can count on either Real or Barca winning it all, even though Valencia, Villareal, Atletico and Sevilla all deserve respect for fighting to get #3... But then the play in their games is beautiful. It's nothing like watching a Serie A game. There's great passing and scoring. They aren't afraid to play more than 1 striker. It's fluid. That's what Football is supposed to be about.

Closest team to that in England is Arsenal, followed by Man City (lol).

i don't like boring football i have a different viewpoint is all. i didn't want to bring up how unbalanced spain is. and how teams like atletico bilbau and such wont ever be anything more than bottom feeders. because well everyone knows that. at least in england one of the big teams will fuck up and lose their spot. or one of the smaller teams will get bought by an oil baron and be made bankrupt in five years, but have amazing players and knock everyone around for a while. it is a bit more balanced although stupid teams, spend stupid money, at the expense to their own finacial stability to make it. and sometimes it doesn't pay off like with portsmouth. but the thing i like about the premiership. isn't the flowing "beautiful game" i like the knock around shove you down, lax on the fouls, and heavy on the pushing and tackling football that is the premiership. some of those guys like blackburn, and birmingham. its how they make a living. and they're honest about it. they're out to shove someone over and get the ball off em.

whereas in italy its a different story. they play the score once, defend like crazy for the other 80 minutes. and don't let em score at any cost. i swear i've seen the italians pull off some of the worst looking tackles, pulls, and all out suplexes ever. and get away with it. its very italian. they do something bad, when the boss man comes over they give him a smile, slip a wad of cash into his shirt pocket and go "you aint seen nothin" then pull out the silenced pistol and shoot the striker in the kneecaps.

which brings me to the germans. they don't have flowing football, and they don't have fighting violent football. they have a very passing oriented machine of football. i like to watch it. its like watching a well oiled war machine march into russia. and this time not do it in the winter. and they buy up a few guys who can play a bit of that flowing business, guys like robben or hugo almeida. someone to be a bit of a maverick in their war machine mentality and dance around a bit i dunno i just like how it all comes out in the league.

i also notice that there's no mention of ligue 1. good. the french suck, though in fairness i've never sat down and watched a french league game. just couldn't be arsed.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i don't like boring football i have a different viewpoint is all. i didn't want to bring up how unbalanced spain is. and how teams like atletico bilbau and such wont ever be anything more than bottom feeders. because well everyone knows that. at least in england one of the big teams will fuck up and lose their spot. or one of the smaller teams will get bought by an oil baron and be made bankrupt in five years, but have amazing players and knock everyone around for a while. it is a bit more balanced although stupid teams, spend stupid money, at the expense to their own finacial stability to make it. and sometimes it doesn't pay off like with portsmouth. but the thing i like about the premiership. isn't the flowing "beautiful game" i like the knock around shove you down, lax on the fouls, and heavy on the pushing and tackling football that is the premiership. some of those guys like blackburn, and birmingham. its how they make a living. and they're honest about it. they're out to shove someone over and get the ball off em.

whereas in italy its a different story. they play the score once, defend like crazy for the other 80 minutes. and don't let em score at any cost. i swear i've seen the italians pull off some of the worst looking tackles, pulls, and all out suplexes ever. and get away with it. its very italian. they do something bad, when the boss man comes over they give him a smile, slip a wad of cash into his shirt pocket and go "you aint seen nothin" then pull out the silenced pistol and shoot the striker in the kneecaps.

which brings me to the germans. they don't have flowing football, and they don't have fighting violent football. they have a very passing oriented machine of football. i like to watch it. its like watching a well oiled war machine march into russia. and this time not do it in the winter. and they buy up a few guys who can play a bit of that flowing business, guys like robben or hugo almeida. someone to be a bit of a maverick in their war machine mentality and dance around a bit i dunno i just like how it all comes out in the league.

i also notice that there's no mention of ligue 1. good. the french suck, though in fairness i've never sat down and watched a french league game. just couldn't be arsed.

Ligue 1 is not as big as the other 4. It's probably a little bigger than Eredivisie and the Supercell Turkish League.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
bigger than the scottish league? though i don't think the scottish league is so big. i think the merchandising for celtic and rangers is huge though. especially in ireland. 99% catholic (well 99% catholic but they don't go to church or practise, but if asked they are) 99% celtic "fans" and they all have one of those green and white jerseys.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
bigger than the scottish league? though i don't think the scottish league is so big. i think the merchandising for celtic and rangers is huge though. especially in ireland. 99% catholic (well 99% catholic but they don't go to church or practise, but if asked they are) 99% celtic "fans" and they all have one of those green and white jerseys.

put things into perspective - league power is reflected by UEFA. The more placements a league has, the stronger they are (considered by UEFA).

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
The Scottish league is tiny in comparison to most of the other large European countries, with 2 decent sized clubs filled with religious hate and sectarian bullshite. I'd love to see the tick and Huns go and get fucked each week in the English premier so some of the smaller teams up here would get a chance to win the league :)

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
The Scottish league is tiny in comparison to most of the other large European countries, with 2 decent sized clubs filled with religious hate and sectarian bullshite. I'd love to see the tick and Huns go and get fucked each week in the English premier so some of the smaller teams up here would get a chance to win the league :)

haha i love hearing that speech when one of my bird's uncles gets drunk at a party. about how much money celtic would get if they would combine the premiership and the scottish premiership. also his joke where he blows a puff of smoke into his shoe and goes "what's that?" and you just stand there going "i dunno" and he goes "an english soldier up the north!" guys a bit of a nutter. old IRA type. used to be in with em. still has ties to em. its such an odd thing to see from the outside looking in. but eh i'm not out to judge or interject in their business i guess. but i digress.

fact is yeah scotland hasn't got the best league for the most part, about like the irish league or some of the other leagues in europe where most of its citizens follow the leagues of the nearest big league country. but whatever, i'm not worried about what league who likes better. this thread is about favorite players. so imma make up the team of 11 that i think should be out there kicking ass.

GK- shay given: cracking keeper, enough said there

RB- cicinho: this guy is solid, i do like the combination of him and mexes for roma. but i think he'd be able to work with samuel in the back given they're brazilian and have to in international football.

CB- walter samuel: this guy had been effectively under my radar for ages til just recently. and he really has shown himself to be a fantastic center back. he isn't afraid to pull someone down in the box and play it off like an accident he's got style.

CB- carles puyol: fuck, need i say more? guy is fantastic, i mean honestly. fantastic.

LB- ashley cole: if only for his good defending prowess but also his ability to sneak in and get a goal from time to time.

now to the midfield. i don't know about midfield so much. i think with a back like that i could play a more attacking midfield. i'm going a 4-3-3 and i think a good attacking midfield would be where its at with a strong line of defense.

LMF- franck ribery: sure he has sex with teenagers. but he is one of the best midfielders out there even if he is fuck ugly and odd. he's fucking fast when he needs to be, and can take a penalty or free kick with such precision. great guy to have in the midfield i'd say.

CMF- michael essien: i can't think of a player who works harder, or is more of a mood maker for a team than this guy. were he playing for ghana this summer they'd have wiped the floor with uruguay. he is one of those players who can just get a team to work and work together well.

RMF- cristiano ronaldo: as much as i hate the guy, and think he's a complete doucher. he is a good player. and i'll give him that. he's good at slotting the ball through to forwards, he's good at making crosses or if need be goals. my only problem would be getting him to get over himself long enough to play correctly.

now to the forwards. the guys who get the glory. the front men. the guys with big paychecks and bigger egos. well, sometimes.

LF- didier drogba: ah fuck it man when this guy is on his game he is one of the best strikers on the planet. no doubt about it. he is just so good at what he does he makes it look like its easy. fantastic player, and a stand up bloke. fuck the haters, drogba bitches.

CF- luis suarez: i'm not a huge follower of ajax. but this guy is one hell of a player. he's quite young and i think he's the bit of youth and exuberance the front line needs. plus he scored 49 goals in all competitions last year for amsterdam. he might just be that big fish in a small pond that comes along ever so often. but i think if given the challenge he'll step it up accordingly.

RF- arjen robben: used to play for chelsea, now he's with munich. and something about this guy just watching him work. he doesn't care about little niggling injuries or little pains here or there. he just goes for it. he takes his chances, gets in close, goes for the shot. and outplays defenders left and right. a fantastic forward if i do say so. and i do.

i think a lineup like this would do the job as far as youth, and quickness goes. but as well as age and experience. and sure there might be a few more chelsea players on the pitch than some would like. sue me i'm a bit biased. but i think its a solid team that would be a force to be reckoned with. now to become an oil billionaire, buy up some shit team somewhere, and spend my fortune on these players, for just a taste of the glory. i'll also buy mourinho to be the coach. haha

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Just remembered this thread so thought I'd post a little video of my favourite all time player.

If you don't know who he is, shame on you!

gmantle31

n00b
I like Lisandro Lopez from Olympique Lyonnais, the team I support! He's a brilliant forward, with a lot of technical skills and a dark temper. He's from Argentina and always chew gum while on the pitch...

Anybody interested in French Ligue 1?
...No! I knew it...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Juninho is one of my favorite players to watch. Insane dead ball skills.

snkino

n00b
my favourite player of all time is mexico and real madrid icons (hugo sanchez^^)