Guwange coming to XBLA

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I love you man.

Here is hoping the final secret achievement is an unlocked proper 4:3 aspect ratio.

I just looked on Cave World's Twitter and all they have to say is how to correctly pronounce the game, "Goo-Wan-Gay" and "Thanks for the feedback, we will pass everybody's requests on to the 360 team." So I hope there hearing the cries to fix the damn screen. I'm going to plug my 360 into the downstairs HD set we have just so I can see if I can finally pass the second stage without dying.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Listen guys seriously, the achievements can be done, I havent gotten them all but some of them aren't really that hard and in all honesty I'm noteven that good at the game. Also the screen ratio can be fixed, perhaps you guys aren't aware but there is a submenu for screen settings after you set the presets, once you choose it press the a button on it and a screen will appear with the controller and some info, press the a button once again and you'll see the screen options I'm talking about. This works on both screen formats no problem, I know is not a convenient preset like the others but it works very well.

I hope the people at cave don't take your complaints to heart and just stop producing titles like this all together out of sheer frustration with the fans specially the ones overseas, cause I for one want more releases like this.

Edit: Shoot, I just realized that my weta has a zooming feature for widescreen settings, it just zooms enough to give me a 4:3 ratio and I forgot I turned it on way back playing other games in it. My bad folks but perhaps this can help those who might have similar features in their CRTs.

Last edited:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i got that one and im a total noob to shooters, so you should be able to get it.i just kept shooting the bullets around the edges of the boss with the spirit i think it was on level 3.

i might of just been jammy but it worked for me.:)

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
btw- i was talking about this achivement.

Once you're over 1000 coins, you can start freeing up coins with your regular shot. When you get to a boss, just hold C and tap A and 1000+ coins shouldn't be a problem.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Oh and this issue with the screen support sucks shit. It's the reason I haven't bought the game yet. I was really looking forward to it too cause my pcb is long gone.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I had hit a wall, but I finally beat the 4th boss. The 5th stage is ridiculous.

One thing that's frustrating is that a lot of the time, once I die, when I come back, a third of my of my current block of HP is gone. What's up with that?

I also have a lot of trouble with the beginning of the third stage at the stairs where the flying monkeys are at the steps and there are also normal dudes to the right that respawn.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Edit: Shoot, I just realized that my weta has a zooming feature for widescreen settings, it just zooms enough to give me a 4:3 ratio and I forgot I turned it on way back playing other games in it. My bad folks but perhaps this can help those who might have similar features in their CRTs.

<!!!!!>. What is the make/model of this TV? I will honestly hunt down a TV that zooms if it means I can play in Tate fullscreen.

fake

15 Year Member
i got that one and im a total noob to shooters, so you should be able to get it.i just kept shooting the bullets around the edges of the boss with the spirit i think it was on level 3.

i might of just been jammy but it worked for me.:)

Did this work for anyone else? Can you elaborate? The only way I can think of doing it is chaining all the way to the third level and then use the turbo/spirit tap to milk coins.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The achievements seem really easy to get. The only ones I'm missing are the two secret ones for beating the two final bosses without taking damage, I think.

fake

15 Year Member
The achievements seem really easy to get. The only ones I'm missing are the two secret ones for beating the two final bosses without taking damage, I think.

Yeah I just tried 360 Arrange Mode and got the boss and 10k achievements on my first run. I'm thinking people are saying that these achievements are easy in 360 mode because in Arcade Mode, they're pretty damn tough.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Haven't tried the 360 mode of it yet, every time I play it I have my HARP in and not my regular controller. The guy who runs the Cave Twitter account saw my post and a couple of others and just said..

Thanks for the feedback on Guwange, I've passed it onto the 360 team.

I did hook it up to one of the downstairs HD sets and I could see a little bit better but I still have a hard time trying to kill that creepy cat-spider.

fake

15 Year Member
Anyone got the hori Virtual-On stick for 360 Mode?

Yeah, spidercat's a bitch, but for some reason, I have more trouble with the centipede. The house is the worst though, mostly because of the dudes on the second floor.

Fett

Camel Slug
Anyone got the hori Virtual-On stick for 360 Mode?

Yeah, spidercat's a bitch, but for some reason, I have more trouble with the centipede. The house is the worst though, mostly because of the dudes on the second floor.

Try an Xbox controller, I'm not having much trouble with thumb analogs.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Yeah I just tried 360 Arrange Mode and got the boss and 10k achievements on my first run. I'm thinking people are saying that these achievements are easy in 360 mode because in Arcade Mode, they're pretty damn tough.

I think the achievements were made with 360 mode in mind. The 50 million points achievement, for example, is practically impossible to get in arcade mode. The #1 spot on the Arcade mode leaderboard only has like 47 million.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
The tate mode only goes one way, and it's the opposite way that my non-detachable LCD stand lets me flip. So I have to play with the screen propped up on itself and the stand up in the air. I'm worried it's gonna fall and get damaged.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The tate mode only goes one way, and it's the opposite way that my non-detachable LCD stand lets me flip. So I have to play with the screen propped up on itself and the stand up in the air. I'm worried it's gonna fall and get damaged.

I know it is a ballache as many of the options are grayed out, and the menus are far from intuitive.

You *can* get around this however.

I'll double check when I get home for the sequence to get the results you are after.

I've played this 90• and 270•.

Play with the presets in the meantime, you may stumble upon it.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I know it is a ballache as many of the options are grayed out, and the menus are far from intuitive.

You *can* get around this however.

I'll double check when I get home for the sequence to get the results you are after.

I've played this 90• and 270•.

Play with the presets in the meantime, you may stumble upon it.
Ah. I didn't know about the extra menu before. Nevermind. I don't understand why this game doesn't just have normal menus like other Cave shooters.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Ah. I didn't know about the extra menu before. Nevermind. I don't understand why this game doesn't just have normal menus like other Cave shooters.

THIS.

The 'futari and 'ludaII screen options were ACE.

Perhaps cave should have farmed this port to M2.

Still hella fun for 800 space bucks...here is hoping to catch some of you on xbl for some co-op!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

I just looked on Cave World's Twitter and all they have to say is how to correctly pronounce the game, "Goo-Wan-Gay" and "Thanks for the feedback, we will pass everybody's requests on to the 360 team." So I hope there hearing the cries to fix the damn screen. I'm going to plug my 360 into the downstairs HD set we have just so I can see if I can finally pass the second stage without dying.

Just pulled this off of cave's twitter. Let the speculation begin!

@FilippoRicci8 Glad you like it! We've got some fun Guwange-related stuff coming this week, so keep an eye on our twitter.
Seesmic twhirl • 11/16/10 12:13 AM
in reply to…

fake

15 Year Member
Just pulled this off of cave's twitter. Let the speculation begin!

@FilippoRicci8 Glad you like it! We've got some fun Guwange-related stuff coming this week, so keep an eye on our twitter.
Seesmic twhirl • 11/16/10 12:13 AM
in reply to…

Hmm, I dunno. I don't think a 3:4 patch would be considered "fun," so it must be something else.