Guwange coming to XBLA

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Arcade music. First thing I noticed was character select music had a bubbly underwater quality to it. Other stage music sounds like some synth lines are louder or totally different from the PCB version. I know they released an arrange soundtrack earlier this year, I'm wondering if they are using that.

:confused: That's pretty lame. They should know better -- they know people are looking for as close to a perfect replication as possible.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Decided to fire this up again. Played 360 Mode and was able to get a couple of 1cc's and all achievements except for 2 secret ones. Consider 360 Mode as Easy Mode.

SSS

neo retired
I found a download of the arrange/original soundtrack. They are using the original, guess I'm used to the crappy cave audio hardware low bitrate version.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
So today I discovered that Guwange is not fun to play for score outside of 360 mode. :(

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
The scoring system is hard to get going, but does work. Check YouTube for some superplay videos.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Personally I'm loving the game. Guwange is my favorite cave shooter so is pretty cool to see something different done with it. I for one love the 360 mode, I know is easy but it manages to entertain enough and the doble stick action runs way smoother than I ever thought it would. I'm sure if someone mentioned this to me before I would have laughed hard, but I'm surprised how well it was implemented in the game.

Blue mode is awesome! Funny thing is I did better on Blue mode than in arcade mode but I was just fucking around anyway. I have nothing but gratitude for this release, if I was to complaint about something is the nasty english fonts (except the gameplay screen, fortunately they kept that pretty clean) but is a small price to pay in exchange for kanji score tables.

Who's up for some co-op? gt: electricgrave

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Personally I'm loving the game. Guwange is my favorite cave shooter so is pretty cool to see something different done with it. I for one love the 360 mode, I know is easy but it manages to entertain enough and the doble stick action runs way smoother than I ever thought it would. I'm sure if someone mentioned this to me before I would have laughed hard, but I'm surprised how well it was implemented in the game.

Blue mode is awesome! Funny thing is I did better on Blue mode than in arcade mode but I was just fucking around anyway. I have nothing but gratitude for this release, if I was to complaint about something is the nasty english fonts (except the gameplay screen, fortunately they kept that pretty clean) but is a small price to pay in exchange for kanji score tables.

Who's up for some co-op? gt: electricgrave

Great post and coincide with my feelings about this release, tough Guwange is far from being my fave Cave game. The 2 first Pachis along Feveron are on my top by a large margin over any other Cave game.
i would co-op with you...but you kicked me off your list :cool:

black_7

Fio's Quartermaster
I just hate the fuckers on youtube that bitch at you because you mispronounce something)

I hate when people bitch that shooters shouldn't cost 50-60 dollars because they don't last more then an hour, but since the PCB's go for over 150 bucks, you're making out like a bandit. Plus I'd rather play a game I can come back to over and over again then something I'll play for 20 plus hours and never come back too.

Words of truth.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
So far, there are 17 comments @ cave's FB regarding GUWANGE.

2 are from Japhei fcol...and only a few others opinion on the display issue!

Let's GET THIS THING PATCHED!

C'mon y'all...drop them a line...

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I am loving this so far. Pretty awesome. Only done some Arcade and Arrange mode. Gonna try 360 mode today.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Great post and coincide with my feelings about this release, tough Guwange is far from being my fave Cave game. The 2 first Pachis along Feveron are on my top by a large margin over any other Cave game.
i would co-op with you...but you kicked me off your list :cool:
Yeah man, old cave is where is at. My favorite Pachi is the first one and dangun is always tops for me. My tated cab usually has Donpachi or Dangun in it, sometimes I remember I have other PCBs but seriously those are the two I play mostly even more than Guwange but is mostly 'cause I'm better at the other two and I still kinda suck at Guwange.

Sorry about the XBL friend thing brother, it has been so long since we last played that there was a time I had 100 friends and friend requests kept on coming so I had to clean up the roster, you know what I mean right? I'll add you again so we can play, I'm sorry I forgot your gt, what is it again?

Fett

Camel Slug
If you play on a 16:9 display it's fine. If you play it on a 4:3 display then there will be borders around the game on all 4 sides. It doesn't matter if you tate or not.

I play on a 16:9 display and there's still borders on all 4 sides. The only screen variation I saw with borders only on 2 sides was if you select the last one that turns the screen 90 degrees for vertical play.
*note It might depend on what your Xbox resolution is set to.

BIG

sony fanboy
the greatness of guwange for a small denomination of its pcb worth?
no complaints here.

I play on a 16:9 display and there's still borders on all 4 sides. The only screen variation I saw with borders only on 2 sides was if you select the last one that turns the screen 90 degrees for vertical play.
*note It might depend on what your Xbox resolution is set to.

When in 16:9 mode you can resize the playfield to make fit vertically (assuming not tated).

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
i know im gonna sound stupid, but what does tated mean?

Not stupid at all mate...it is a fair question, and this is as good a place as any to ask.

eigo de hanashimashoo = let's put into English

tate = vertical

yoko = horizontal

/today's Japanese language protip

Cheers!

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Not stupid at all mate...it is a fair question, and this is as good a place as any to ask.

eigo de hanashimashoo = let's put into English

tate = vertical

yoko = horizontal

/today's Japanese language protip

Cheers!

Also, thanks much for posting how to chain up combos. I love playing Cave's games but it sucks because I never know exactly how to play them with the different ways to get combos for big points.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The achievements are ridonkulous. The only one I've gotten is the statue one. How they hell are you supposed to get 1000 coins during a boss battle?