Guwange coming to XBLA

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Shoulda demoed it, how the hell can you letterbox a shooter! I can't see!

anji2128

n00b
Yea, I'm pretty upset about the resolution fix as well. I haven't tried using the "tate" set up that's available on there, does it change your controls to work that way as well?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Yea, I'm pretty upset about the resolution fix as well. I haven't tried using the "tate" set up that's available on there, does it change your controls to work that way as well?

Yes, tate works perfectly if you have a widescreen display. Game and menu can be tated, and when you tate the game, the controls automatically adjust.

Is it me, or is this game way easier when you don't use autofire?

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
They botched this if you have an older CRT.

The game is forced to 16:9 so you'll have borders on top and bottom.

This is the biggest problem I have with this. Can't play for shit because everything is microscopic. I knew I should have tried the demo before buying. That will teach me.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
This thread needs more tate mansion.

This game more than floats my boat for 800 space bucks.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'm seriously thinking of buying a cheap generic brand TV just so I can tate this game!

fake

15 Year Member
I'm seriously thinking of buying a cheap generic brand TV just so I can tate this game!

If you want to save some bills, get a PC monitor with VGA. That's what I've been using for about a year now. It won't work with PS3 without a converter, but why would you tate a PS3 anyway?

I'm loving it so far. I'm 134 in the leaderboards, so I'm guessing they aren't worldwide.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

YMMV in your neck of the woods, but here in the greater NJ/PA/DE area, many if the mom&pop motels are upgrading to HD sets as they have dropped drastially in price.

This development has led to the CRTs that once were in the rooms being let go for peanuts.

27 inchers for 15 bucks brand of peanuts. (!)

MS brand VGA cables are hella cheap @ GameStop if you buy used. VGA on a comp monitor CRT does the trick too.

Get on this Brah! Let's co-op this soon!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If you want to save some bills, get a PC monitor with VGA. That's what I've been using for about a year now. It won't work with PS3 without a converter, but why would you tate a PS3 anyway?

I'm loving it so far. I'm 134 in the leaderboards, so I'm guessing they aren't worldwide.

I was# 51 for 360 mode this AM...no *way* this is worldwide. 8^D

fake

15 Year Member
ShiShin's sprite looks like Captain Amerca...:eek_2:

anji2128

n00b
Is it me, or is this game way easier when you don't use autofire?

For the most part the levels are, but on boss fights and tough levels, I use the autofire to help buffer between dodging bullets and controlling the shikigami while still dealing out some damage.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
This is the biggest problem I have with this. Can't play for shit because everything is microscopic. I knew I should have tried the demo before buying. That will teach me.

I'm glad I demo'd.

I feel better that I'm not the only one with a CRT.

I might DL later when I get an HDTV.

How does it look in component?

I'm surprised at how small it is ... only 75M?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Sorry my last post was so quick, was in between work. I knew I should have downloaded the demo of the game before putting 10 bucks on my credit card and downloading it as soon as I saw it. I LOVE this game and it's great to finally "own" a version of it, but as Kaioh said it's microscopic. I hope Cave could offer a patch for it, but since their so small I doubt it. Makes me really wish I got the base for my computer screen that can flip.

Just a couple of quick questions because I plan on reviewing this for my site.

1.The game is pronounced, "Guh-Wange" right? Never heard it pronounced before. (Not a big thing to worry about, I just hate the fuckers on youtube that bitch at you because you mispronounce something)

2. What's the other mode, Blue Version? Is that like a MBL version of the game or something?

3. How much does the PCB go for nowadays? I hate when people bitch that shooters shouldn't cost 50-60 dollars because they don't last more then an hour, but since the PCB's go for over 150 bucks, you're making out like a bandit. Plus I'd rather play a game I can come back to over and over again then something I'll play for 20 plus hours and never come back too.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
1.The game is pronounced, "Guh-Wange" right? Never heard it pronounced before. (Not a big thing to worry about, I just hate the fuckers on youtube that bitch at you because you mispronounce something)

2. What's the other mode, Blue Version? Is that like a MBL version of the game or something?

3. How much does the PCB go for nowadays? I hate when people bitch that shooters shouldn't cost 50-60 dollars because they don't last more then an hour, but since the PCB's go for over 150 bucks, you're making out like a bandit. Plus I'd rather play a game I can come back to over and over again then something I'll play for 20 plus hours and never come back too.

My friend has the original PCB, and he pronounces it GOO-WAAN-GAY (Or you could call it Gunwang :))

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
ShiShin's sprite looks like Captain Amerca...:eek_2:

Oh SNAP.

Dude, I lol'd...

Like the time I spotted Ash Crimson in the Progressive Auto Insurence commercial.

Totally digging this.

Not sure of all the bitching re: display. I wall paper 11, turn it down to '0' and hookup the extra display to Preset 1, smoothing off.

I don't recall this kind of shit storm over 'luda II or 'futari.

I understand it may not be practical for some to tate, but damn.

fake

15 Year Member
Just a couple of quick questions because I plan on reviewing this for my site.

I've heard it pronounced Goo - Ohn - Gay

Blue Label was an arranged version that Cave presented at Cave Fest. It's harder and has a few more levels.

Not sure about the cost, but I do know it ran on what seems to me like really weak hardware. They must have squeezed every ounce of power from those chips.

Oh SNAP.

Dude, I lol'd...

Like the time I spotted Ash Crimson in the Progressive Auto Insurence commercial.

Totally digging this.

Not sure of all the bitching re: display. I wall paper 11, turn it down to '0' and hookup the extra display to Preset 1, smoothing off.

I don't recall this kind of shit storm over 'luda II or 'futari.

I understand it may not be practical for some to tate, but damn.

If you play on a 16:9 display it's fine. If you play it on a 4:3 display then there will be borders around the game on all 4 sides. It doesn't matter if you tate or not.

There wasn't a shitstorm over Galuda II or Futari because they weren't messed up.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If you play on a 16:9 display it's fine. If you play it on a 4:3 display then there will be borders around the game on all 4 sides. It doesn't matter if you tate or not.

There wasn't a shitstorm over Galuda II or Futari because they weren't messed up.

Hadn't tried this on my CRT yet...only tate on a LCD.

Thx for clarifying.

360 mode is fun for what it is...haven't gotten used to controlling my shikigami robotron style yet.

For those with an issue with the boarders: hit cave up. MASAKing responded to me on facebook last night, so maybe if there is enough feedback they'll patch it.

Can't hurt to ask, right?

fake

15 Year Member
Cave seem like good peoples. I agree. If enough people ask for a patch, they'll probably do it.

SSS

neo retired
I'm so used to playing this game in a cab. Getting my ass handed to me on the tv. Feels foreign using controller. Oh well, might as well keep at it, galuda 2 is in the impress ATM.

My biggest complaint is the arrange soundtrack. The extra synth lines are ruining the stage music. Maybe I'm just to used to the PCB.

Last edited:

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
mmm this game tastes grrrrrreat,
i love the screen options
n music
etc
etc

fake

15 Year Member
I'm so used to playing this game in a cab. Getting my ass handed to me on the tv. Feels foreign using controller. Oh well, might as well keep at it, galuda 2 is in the impress ATM.

My biggest complaint is the arrange soundtrack. The extra synth lines are ruining the stage music. Maybe I'm just to used to the PCB.

Is the Arcade Mode's music different from the PCB or just the Blue and Xbox modes?

SSS

neo retired
Arcade music. First thing I noticed was character select music had a bubbly underwater quality to it. Other stage music sounds like some synth lines are louder or totally different from the PCB version. I know they released an arrange soundtrack earlier this year, I'm wondering if they are using that.