The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I stopped watching it about 5 episodes into the season then watched the mid-season finale, which solidified my conviction that I'm done with it.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is too good for the show, but the way Negan is written no one could save the character.

Chandler Riggs' dad whining about how they wrote him off the show was the only entertaining aspect in a long while, IMO.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Pivotal episode last night! Anyone else catch it? Thoughts?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Man awesome episode...I was thinking that's what they were going to do with Game of Thrones with the flash forward too.

They did a really good job in refreshing the show...The only weak point was Sasha...Should have been Glenn or Caaaarl. Looks like a lot of new characters are joining the group. I wonder who dies at the end of the season. My guess Maggie, Rosita, & the Tiger guy. Maybe Tara too.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This show should have ended years ago.

It's finally living up to its name...a dead show still upright and walking around.

I read the big "spoiler" about last night's episode...

I won't watch this season until Netflix dumps is this time next year, for now I just finished last year's season. It's ok...like McDonalds for the mind.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
It’s an interesting new direction. They have needed some new blood for awhile. The preview for the next three episodes looks interesting. We’ll see what happens.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It's ok...like McDonalds for the mind.

Cant argue that, and like McDonalds, I still go back to it. Last night’s episode, the fries were hot!

I’ll continue watching TWD and FTWD until they’re cancelled.

I read movies about Grimes are in the works.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Cant argue that, and like McDonalds, I still go back to it. Last night’s episode, the fries were hot!

I can't complain, Season 8 wasn't all that bad. Formulaic, simple...but I'm ok with that. It was good enough to keep me entertained.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Amen, brother.

TWD is wildly uneven at times, but when it hits, it hits hard.

I was not impressed by the first episode of the new season but it really picked up after an initial stumble, culminating in a dramatic exit last night and some unexpected twists.

I still maintain that "Here's Not Here" (S6E4) is one of the greatest TV episodes of all time.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Pivotal episode last night! Anyone else catch it? Thoughts?

Hopefully Rick's son died.

Haven't watched the show in years, but that was always my one wish.

He could be dead already for all I know.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Amen, brother.

TWD is wildly uneven at times, but when it hits, it hits hard.

I was not impressed by the first episode of the new season but it really picked up after an initial stumble, culminating in a dramatic exit last night and some unexpected twists.

I still maintain that "Here's Not Here" (S6E4) is one of the greatest TV episodes of all time.

Here’s Not Here is a great episode indeed. I’ll have to go with S7E1. Dat eyeball! I’ve never watched such an intense episode of TV. I love that it ruined fan’s dreams and expectations. It was brilliant, Negan was a force and absolutely terrifying! Like last night’s episode, that was another directed by FX guru Gregory Nicotero. I love that this guy is now spearheading the show in terms of not only FX, but directing and funding too. The guy is a horror icon.

Hopefully Rick's son died.

Haven't watched the show in years, but that was always my one wish.

He could be dead already for all I know.

Yeah, he’s dead. Merry Xmas.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I've enjoyed Fear the Walking Dead way more the Walking Dead the past 2 seasons, the latest episode made it more interesting. I love Rick though and i guess they are doing 3 movies for him to finish his story.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I haven’t read any of his reasoning behind leaving the show except wanting something new. I don’t know him from anything else except for Love Actually. And now he’s doing three movies again as Rick? The guy is going to be typecast for a very long time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I haven’t read any of his reasoning behind leaving the show except wanting something new. I don’t know him from anything else except for Love Actually. And now he’s doing three movies again as Rick? The guy is going to be typecast for a very long time.

He was in season 1 of Strike Back

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Here’s Not Here is a great episode indeed. I’ll have to go with S7E1. Dat eyeball! I’ve never watched such an intense episode of TV. I love that it ruined fan’s dreams and expectations. It was brilliant, Negan was a force and absolutely terrifying! Like last night’s episode, that was another directed by FX guru Gregory Nicotero. I love that this guy is now spearheading the show in terms of not only FX, but directing and funding too. The guy is a horror icon.

Absolutely!

I've enjoyed Fear the Walking Dead way more the Walking Dead the past 2 seasons, the latest episode made it more interesting. I love Rick though and i guess they are doing 3 movies for him to finish his story.

I only saw the first season of it. Been meaning to get caught up.

Haha, I was just reading about that. TWD trolled us again.
Spoiler:
Apparently what I thought was a flash forward at the end is actually a time jump, so the next episode is gonna be 10 years in the future?! And last night's episode was Maggie's last, at least for the foreseeable.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
He was in season 1 of Strike Back

I haven’t watched that. I’ll look into it.

Haha, I was just reading about that. TWD trolled us again.
Spoiler:
Apparently what I thought was a flash forward at the end is actually a time jump, so the next episode is gonna be 10 years in the future?! And last night's episode was Maggie's last, at least for the foreseeable.

FTWD is the same really, I was enjoying it way more than TWD at one point too and they’ve just started a crossover of characters which was fun, the female lead (now) is an Aussie chick and she is smoking hot and a really great actor, give it another crack, it plays on TWD off-season. Not sure how the crossover will work with the way TWD is going to be structured now. And regarding your Spoiler, I read 6 years, not like that’s really a difference. I didn’t know that about the other character you mentioned.

When it comes down to it, they’re trying to keep the show alive by keeping it fresh, as fresh as they can really when it’s a rinse / repeat structure they’ve got to work with. There’s only so much you can do. When the show is driven by revenge is when it works the most. That’s a primal instinct that anyway can relate to and it gets the blood running.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So because of this getting bumped I binged season 7 this week, and part of 8.

Man, what in the fuck is going on here?

Season 7 went off the rails, and in a bad way.

Some dude called "The King". with a tiger. I guess he "kind of" grew on me.

Then there's the weirdo queen of the garbage army. She just stands there staring off into outer space, like she's high on percosnacks. She reminds me of this guy I work with that everyone swears has asperger's. Why can't anyone in her crew even speak a complete English sentence using more than 2 words? Is there some rule that if you live in a landfill that you can't say more than 2 words at a time? She has to be one of the most god-awful characters in the history of television, period. Who read this script, and was like "let's do this, garbage lady."???

Then in the beginning of season 8, Jesus is bitching out, trying to save all these Savior guys. Seems like a recipe for death. They should have just killed all those guys on the spot. Morgan is probably actually a psychopath, but also one of the only people with common sense.

I don't know. I dislike 1/3 of the episodes, hate 1/3 of them, and think 1/3 of them are really good. It's such a mixed bag. I keep telling myself I'm never watching it again, but feel like I'm in so deep that I might as well finish it.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
So because of this getting bumped I binged season 7 this week, and part of 8.

Man, what in the fuck is going on here?

Season 7 went off the rails, and in a bad way.

Some dude called "The King". with a tiger. I guess he "kind of" grew on me.

Then there's the weirdo queen of the garbage army. She just stands there staring off into outer space, like she's high on percosnacks. She reminds me of this guy I work with that everyone swears has asperger's. Why can't anyone in her crew even speak a complete English sentence using more than 2 words? Is there some rule that if you live in a landfill that you can't say more than 2 words at a time? She has to be one of the most god-awful characters in the history of television, period. Who read this script, and was like "let's do this, garbage lady."???

Then in the beginning of season 8, Jesus is bitching out, trying to save all these Savior guys. Seems like a recipe for death. They should have just killed all those guys on the spot. Morgan is probably actually a psychopath, but also one of the only people with common sense.

I don't know. I dislike 1/3 of the episodes, hate 1/3 of them, and think 1/3 of them are really good. It's such a mixed bag. I keep telling myself I'm never watching it again, but feel like I'm in so deep that I might as well finish it.

I think any show that runs for this long suffers the same fate. There's a reason why Breaking Bad is considered by many to be a masterpiece of a show...it was planned and short lived at 5 seasons. It was straight and to the point, and 62 episodes. TWD (at the end of season 9), will have aired 131 episodes. If you look at the depth and complexity of Breaking Bad vs TWD, it just shows you how much time TWD needs to waste to fill all of those shows.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Time for dat yearly bump...

Netflix just added season 9, I watched the first episode.

I'll be honest here...I feel like I massed a huge chunk of time. There's all kinds of people I do not recognize, it felt like I dropped in mid season somewhere.

Either way...the episode was really boring...like REALLY boring. I'm not sure if I can make it through 15 more episodes of that.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Time for dat yearly bump...

Netflix just added season 9, I watched the first episode.

I'll be honest here...I feel like I massed a huge chunk of time. There's all kinds of people I do not recognize, it felt like I dropped in mid season somewhere.

Either way...the episode was really boring...like REALLY boring. I'm not sure if I can make it through 15 more episodes of that.

is this the season right after Rick hops on the helicopter? Or am I a few behind?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
is this the season right after Rick hops on the helicopter? Or am I a few behind?

Not that I know of...season 8 ended with the big overthrowing of Negan.

Season 9 just kind of started some time after that...not sure how much time passed.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Season 9 jumped something like 10 years in the future I believe. Everyone has gone grey and Judith is closing in on puberty. They introduced a bunch of new characters as well. I expect some major deaths this season.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Season 9 jumped something like 10 years in the future I believe. Everyone has gone grey and Judith is closing in on puberty. They introduced a bunch of new characters as well. I expect some major deaths this season.

Eh...she wasn't that old at all in S9 Ep 1...I just went ahead and looked it up and it's supposed to be 18 months after the end of season 8.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The time shift is jarring at first but stick with it and I think you'll find season 9 to be an improvement over the previous couple of seasons.