The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's clear to me where Rick is going to get guns from.

They'll probably bring those women living in the sticks into Alexandria and get them to conform to the community's rules of cataloging all the weapons and making them available to the town at large when needed. In return, the women living in the wilds get to return to a semblance of society and civilization where their kids will be safer.

This is such a telegraph. Such clumsy writing for the TV show.

You should check out The Walking Dead in Australia.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Yeah that episode was terrible, no one cares about Tara. also, I thought they didn't let women that fat on TV anymore...

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
He's talking about the Australian version of TWD. Carl's grandchildren are also half Sheep, and he has a daughter named Michael Hutchence, whose 3/4 sheep son is named Steve Irwin. In the Australian version the was an undead sheep at the Ugg factory, and when people started coming down with the sickness, wives realized their husbands had slept with zombie sheep. But constable Rick was immune, and his bloodline represented the potential cure to the zombie virus. In episode 1 they brought Rick to a lab where he was killed in a failed experiment to extract his human genome for the cure. The rest of the 100+ issues explore sheep fucking.

Hurrhurrhurr. You're mistaken, you're referring to the NZ version of TWD. In the Australian version replace sheep with racist alcoholic.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
He's talking about the Australian version of TWD. Carl's grandchildren are also half Sheep, and he has a daughter named Michael Hutchence, whose 3/4 sheep son is named Steve Irwin. In the Australian version the was an undead sheep at the Ugg factory, and when people started coming down with the sickness, wives realized their husbands had slept with zombie sheep. But constable Rick was immune, and his bloodline represented the potential cure to the zombie virus. In episode 1 they brought Rick to a lab where he was killed in a failed experiment to extract his human genome for the cure. The rest of the 100+ issues explore sheep fucking.

That sounds more like Z nation, a far superior show.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Gotta agree with everyone when they said this weeks episode sucked. Tara is so fat that I almost didn't recognize her at first. This far into the show, you'd think there would be no fat people left in the zombie apocalypse. I think that the actress that plays her was recently pregnant but why not wait to film her parts till she loses the weight? I hardly even noticed she was gone with all the shit that's been going on this season.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Gotta agree with everyone when they said this weeks episode sucked. Tara is so fat that I almost didn't recognize her at first. This far into the show, you'd think there would be no fat people left in the zombie apocalypse. I think that the actress that plays her was recently pregnant but why not wait to film her parts till she loses the weight? I hardly even noticed she was gone with all the shit that's been going on this season.

Yes, she gained the weight due to pregnancy, but she had the baby like 8 months ago. She should have tried to hurry up and lose the baby fat sooner, because as it stands it just looks like she somehow got out of shape in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

I know its a show about zombies...so I do take that into consideration. But...this is the apocalypse, and years into it. There wouldn't be a fat human being on the planet at that point...or, at least a fat person would be far past rare.

BTW...what was Sunday's episode? Episode 6?

Pretty much fits the pattern: Episode 1 great, 2 pretty good. 3-6 are shit, 7 is ok, 8 is great. Rinse, repeat.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Her being overweight isn't that big of a deal for me. Some actors and actresses have, as I've said, mastered a knack for physical acting.

But Alana Masterson is clearly not suited for an action role. If you watch those scenes where she's running through the forest or along the tops of cars, it's like she's about to fall over. Yakety Sax may as well be the music bed for those scenes.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I admit that the Tara episode was pretty slow. Especially for a character that they are either trying to play up for her big fall *Spoilers*( Like Denise and Abraham) or just trying to give her more spot light time since she has been with the group since the prison.
I read the comics almost every month ( I am two behind now) and love the parallels between the comics that is shown from time to time.
Although I can't decide which Negan I hate the most? The Comic version of Negan is just as horrible as Jeffery Dean Morgan's portrayal of him.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Other than the first two episodes this season has so far been pretty shitty IMO. I don't like how they are showing a different bunch of characters every episode - this doesn't really progress the story onwards and one forgets who is where doing what. Also the best characters have been getting very little screentime and Negan is more annoying than scary. Kind of loosing interest TBH.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Other than the first two episodes this season has so far been pretty shitty IMO. I don't like how they are showing a different bunch of characters every episode - this doesn't really progress the story onwards and one forgets who is where doing what. Also the best characters have been getting very little screentime and Negan is more annoying than scary. Kind of loosing interest TBH.

I've been watching clips of Negan as he is an interesting character to me. I'll say this; he seems to be pretty true to comic form. In the comic he's a annoying, ruthless douche that thinks he a comedian. Constantly cracking shitty jokes...or...holding an iron to your face. The live Negan is pretty much the same, which is an annoying douche.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Negan's character in the show is fantastic! Cheesy douche for sure, but I can't help but smile when he hams it up. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is owning the role.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Negan's character in the show is fantastic! Cheesy douche for sure, but I can't help but smile when he hams it up. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is owning the role.

No doubt. I loved the part in the last episode where he says "Damn, I am not gonna have time to screw any of my wives today... I mean, maybe one..." :lolz:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No doubt. I loved the part in the last episode where he says "Damn, I am not gonna have time to screw any of my wives today... I mean, maybe one..." :lolz:

While he sneers at Dwight. L O L.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I dunno anything about the comics and who Negan is there, but they're really losing me with this stuff. People criticised the 6th episode but I didn't mind it so much, but that last episode was genuinely boring. How you can roast a mans face, with cooked peelings sticking to the iron as you pull it away, and still make it dull is beyond me.

And Darren's tard shuffle is getting on my nerves too.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
What are your thoughts on the mid season finale? I think it was ok, but nothing special. Finally they decided to switch between characters / locations, which IMO they should have done all along, instead of making episodes dedicated to just a bunch of characters / one location with plenty of time wasting in between. Negan popped two Alexandrians, but since these were the characters no one really gives a f about there wasn't much of a shock factor to it. And for a midseason finale the ending kind of lacked the hook one would expect to make you want to tune into the 2nd half of the season. Pretty average really, but taking into consideration how low the bar has been set by the other episodes this season I guess it was still one of the better episodes.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The mid season finale was exactly what I expected it to be-Rick deciding to fight back and a triumphant 'return to form' for the group.

I am so done with Carol. Just kill her already. Shes just become annoying and I want Negan to drive a steamroller over her.

I could also do without Sasha. Seems like a completely pointless and superfluous character now.

So many of these characters need to die so that the episodes stop feeling like filler.

This is all the show needs:

Rick
Carl
Michonne
Maggie
Dwight (YES, Dwight the burned dude)
Negan

The priest character is starting to be kinda cool again, too. I guess we can keep him. Don't remember his name though.

All the rest are what I call 'bridge crew'. They're not quite red shirts, but beyond serving a function in a specific episode, there is no reason to tell stories with these characters. I see Rosita (hot as she is) and to me, she is no more important than the person keeping inventry of the food or the town doctor or whatever.

In Star Trek, I'd say I like Sulu and Chekov in their roles but I really don't need to see episodes about them. It's a waste of time that could be better used t enhance the stories of the more important characters like Kirk, Spock and McCoy. That's why I call those other characters 'bridge crew'. Rick needs a thing done, theres Rosita or some of the others. But after that, get off the screen and leave the drama to the characters that matter.

Darryl's in this sort of 'limbo' for me. I like the character just fine, but it's painfully obvious that the writers do not have any idea what to do with him. He's a wildcard that changes nothing on the show anymore. Sure it was an opportunity to show what life is like at the Saviors' base, but the episode with Carl did the exact same thing and was vastly more effective because Carl is an essential part of the show. It's just so clear to me that Darryl is being clumsily tacked on to the blueprint. Either find things for him to do like they did earlier in the series or just kill him, already.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
hey i'm two years late and whatever but I just realized the seasons 1-7 were on amazon prime, so i basically binge watched the whole shit

the negan arc sucks as much shit as it did in the comics, but the guy who plays him is pretty good.
everybody except carol is insane, i love it.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Are people still watching this? I gave up a few seasons ago.

1. Find a base
2. Introduce evil guy
3. Zombie infiltrate base cause some asshole.
4. Run!
5. Someone dies
6. Repeat next season.
7. Move on with life and finish Vikings and Mr Robot.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
hey i'm two years late and whatever but I just realized the seasons 1-7 were on amazon prime, so i basically binge watched the whole shit

the negan arc sucks as much shit as it did in the comics, but the guy who plays him is pretty good.
everybody except carol is insane, i love it.

Did you enjoy Glenn's demise episode? Probably one of the most intense episodes of any TV I've seen in a long time. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is indeed a great actor. He's equally great as The Comedian in The Watchmen.

The current season is trash. The show needs to end.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Abraham & Glenn death was soooo good and emotional...Went to shit after that...Fear the Walking Dead last season was pretty damn good, characters are still annoying though.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Did you enjoy Glenn's demise episode? Probably one of the most intense episodes of any TV I've seen in a long time. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is indeed a great actor. He's equally great as The Comedian in The Watchmen.

The current season is trash. The show needs to end.

That was probably the last good part of it. I read the comics and knew Glenn would die, I didn't know about Abraham though (in the comics, he gets the arrow through the eye from Dwight, not the fat nurse), which sucks because I liked that character.
After the stupid shit with the LARPers from the kingdom started AND the people speaking like retards from the junkyard (which don't appear in the comics and neither does Oceanside) I kinda gave up on it. Also who gives a shit about Sasha?

Negan is probably the reason why people are still watching it.

I love how gory everything is but the word "shit" is the hardest swear you hear. lol mercans.

Fear the Walking Dead is a shit show with only unlikeable characters except that black guy, whatever his name was.

Last edited: