The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You guys are going overboard...The show is awesome, this season has been really good, would have been nice to see who got the bat but we will find out next season.

Agreed. Stop being hipster snob-fags and get with the program!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The whole thing just needs to be wound down now and finished. It might be too fast to turn it round in one season, but it has to be two more seasons tops. No TV executive seems to be happy until they've turned their viewers into haters.

Does anyone know how long is supposed to have passed from the beginning of the show by the way? Judith doesn't seem to be growing at all, has she even spoken yet?

There are going to be a lot more than two seasons. Strap in or jump off now.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
my guess is a minimum of 10 before they even think of winding it down.

They'll keep going until people stop watching. And if they keep following the comic's blueprint as they have been, the story evolves so much that despite the trappings, it always seems to change its tone and pace enough to remain engaging.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'll start off by saying I had a very late start to this show, I just binge watched it on Netflix which only has the first 5 seasons. Anyone know where I can watch full episodes of Season 6? AMC hosts past episodes but I think the oldest they have is episode 8.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'll start off by saying I had a very late start to this show, I just binge watched it on Netflix which only has the first 5 seasons. Anyone know where I can watch full episodes of Season 6? AMC hosts past episodes but I think the oldest they have is episode 8.

netflix tends to populate the previous season about a month before the new season begins.

since i killed off cable, i use sling to watch it live.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Negan will breath life back into the show. He's been around for some time in the comics and he's a fun character.

A show like TWD needs a villain...without one, it gets slow. S1 had the dead, S2...well, 2 was kind of boring. 3/4 had the Governor. 5/6 have been kind of lost but I expect high things from 7.

It's just like I said...with the non stop open ended episodes and cliffhangers, watching the show in real time is no fun at all. The only reason I watched 6/7 in real time was because it is impossible to use the web and not see spoilers for that long of a period (1yr give or take). At this point, I no longer care enough about the show to where spoilers would be a drag. I'll let S7 come and go, then watch it all in one lump when it hits Netflix fall 2017.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm totally invested in the show but only because I am even more invested in the comics and have been reading the for over 10 years.

I agree, though, the ending of season 6 was a cop out - no money shot!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm totally invested in the show but only because I am even more invested in the comics and have been reading the for over 10 years.

I agree, though, the ending of season 6 was a cop out - no money shot!

Again...they sold that motherfucker...and sold it, and sold it. 90 min of a fucking RV driving around is hardly up to that promise.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I liked the ending. I thought it was a pretty cool way to show somebody being killed. Granted, I'd rather it end on actually seeing the character being killed with getting reactions from Rick and the others, but I'm guessing we'll be getting that at the start of the new season. I'm not in any rush.

Negan picking who to kill reminded me of the rape scene in Pulp Fiction.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I liked the ending. I thought it was a pretty cool way to show somebody being killed. Granted, I'd rather it end on actually seeing the character being killed with getting reactions from Rick and the others, but I'm guessing we'll be getting that at the start of the new season. I'm not in any rush.

Negan picking who to kill reminded me of the rape scene in Pulp Fiction.

Yeah, I liked it as well. They did some interesting things in terms of story-telling this season with time jumps (flashbacks/flashforwards) featuring more prominently.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm almost done with season 6, one episode left.

I saw there is also "Fear the walking dead" is it any good? I saw Cliff Curtis is in it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Fear has its moment but the characters in this show are all annoying & not likable...They do a lot of stupid shit but somehow still survive.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
FTWD suffers from three major problems:

1. The characters are as interesting as cardboard. They rarely emote like any actual person would when faced with crazy ass situations. Its a really stark contrast to the characters in season 1 of TWD in terms of how they acted and reacted upon the fall of society.
2. The characters are dumb as bricks, and nearly all dramatic situations on the show are caused by them being dumb as bricks.
3. The first season was way too short and wasted a lot of potential for showing the downfall of society.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
3. The first season was way too short and wasted a lot of potential for showing the downfall of society.

Fully agree - this was supposed to be the main differentiating factor vs Walking Dead.
As things stand, a few episodes into S02, its now basically TWD with a different (crappier) set of characters.
I wish they took their time and showed how everything was deteriorating instead of just cutting to the familiar stabbing zombies in the head and covering oneself with zombie guts routine.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It was short because it was a pilot series. They'll give them a contract for a few episodes to see if it sticks. Because of that, they had to make the largest impact as possible. Honestly, I think season 1 is one of, if not the best season of the show.

At this point, the show is ok. I will no longer subscribe to it, I'll wait for the next season to hit Netflix in 2017. It's no longer worth paying for.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah, I really enjoy FTWD. It's as flawed as the TWD but I enjoy the west coast setting and seeing the beginning of the "outbreak" or whatever you want to call it. Also don't think the characters are too bad for the most part(the younger brother and sister aside). Sure stupid decisions are abound but that's par for TWD world.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
For me Ftwd is complete garbage The story's are meaningless no atmosphere add to that a complete dum ass acting,
This is complete waste of time,
Amc should have consider a completely different continent ,Europe

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It was short because it was a pilot series. They'll give them a contract for a few episodes to see if it sticks. Because of that, they had to make the largest impact as possible. Honestly, I think season 1 is one of, if not the best season of the show.

At this point, the show is ok. I will no longer subscribe to it, I'll wait for the next season to hit Netflix in 2017. It's no longer worth paying for.

You know, I just re-read my quote...I was talking about The Walking Dead...not Fear of.....

Fear of was fucking stupid. That whiny cunt of a drug addict teen is hardly anyone you want to cheer for. The majority of the other characters weren't likable either.

Anyway...still not going to subscribe to TWD this time around, I really do not care. I'll watch it later when I can binge and watch it all for free.

Right now? I'm enjoying Westworld and Penny Dreadful...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You know, I just re-read my quote...I was talking about The Walking Dead...not Fear of.....

Fear of was fucking stupid. That whiny cunt of a drug addict teen is hardly anyone you want to cheer for. The majority of the other characters weren't likable either.

Anyway...still not going to subscribe to TWD this time around, I really do not care. I'll watch it later when I can binge and watch it all for free.

Right now? I'm enjoying Westworld and Penny Dreadful...

Penny D is over. You will reach the end of it soon.

At that point, I recommend switching to From Dusk til Dawn, The Strain, Z Nation, and Ash vs the evil dead.