The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Bit more like him and SHANE as well!

(I can totally see him killing that one guy so he can take his missus)

I hope the show will somehow incorporate Rick losing his hand. Maybe it happens inside his missus.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I hope the show will somehow incorporate Rick losing his hand. Maybe it happens inside his missus.

That husband chugging budweiser on his porch totally looks like the type who would put a beartrap up the wifes cooch.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Kirkman has already stated that taking Ricks hand was one of the things he regrets doing in the comics.

Probably not going to happen in the show.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Kirkman has already stated that taking Ricks hand was one of the things he regrets doing in the comics.

Probably not going to happen in the show.

Really?

Why not, though? It'd be brutal, he could attach a blade to the stump like Merle or better yet, a chainsaw!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Really?

Why not, though? It'd be brutal, he could attach a blade to the stump like Merle or better yet, a chainsaw!

Something about how it made it too limiting in writing and drawing for the character.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Classic staple of a southern drama: unappreciative/abusive husband gets gunned down by scorned wifes gentle lover.

zzzZZZzzzz

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Well, I think the show has done its best to incorporate the tired, overly debated "wolves, sheepdogs, sheep" concept.

In all reality, this is a pretty accurate and believable concept in that world...but the "sheepdog letting the wolf off the hook" thing is getting old. Time after time, an evil person is let off the hook only to have the them come back to be...well...evil. *yawn*

As for the finale, Morgan is not Tyreese. Tyreese was conflicted and ultimately not cut out for the justifiable-killer role, his internal conflict cost lives over and over again...Morgan, on the other hand, displayed the ability to kill when it needed to be done.

Why he would let the two Wolves members go just doesn't seem to fit with who he is. Yeah, I understand his new found "every sperm is sacred" attitude, but he would be smart enough to know that two psychos were going to be on an never ending murder spree until they were ultimately killed off. There's a difference between not killing because life is precious and letting two psychopath-murderers go free. I don't think it is very good character development.

Either way...too much wasted time, too many build-ups, too little payouts this season. It is definitely watchable television but in the end, it's the typical stretched out "add crackers to the meat to extend the meatloaf" approach TV execs use to stretch profits.

This shit is what makes shows like Walking Dead mediocre in the end and Breaking Bad epic in retrospect. Breaking Bad took the time it needed, made an impact and got to the point. Walking Dead will fade before they finally get to the damn point...too many non-stop "hints" and no reveals.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
And the classic "black highlander" rule is in effect as well: THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.

If they want to keep Morgan around, they better shoot any other black dudes on sight because Morgan will be as good as dead once the next "T-Quan", "Tyronne", or "Jaggy J" or whatever tries to join the fucking team.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This series is fucking racist.

and boring.

It really needs moar tits... and ninjas.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This show does move about as fast as a Dragonball Z season. I often watch Walking dead at 1.7x speed, so I'm not wasting my life. There is just barely any noticeable voice distortion at this speed. you can drop to about 1.5x and there is no change to voice pitch.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
It's baaaaaack!

and with a super fun opening scene.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I've been watching RE3: Nemesis runs recently. I was expecting to see the big guy himself after that opening explosion! :-J

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Sorry, I'm out. Show lost all direction after season 3. I have tried to hang in there but no more...There is basically no plot, they just jump from one mini disaster to another now. Zzzzzzz

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Sorry, I'm out. Show lost all direction after season 3. I have tried to hang in there but no more...There is basically no plot, they just jump from one mini disaster to another now. Zzzzzzz

thats basically the comic- one disaster to the next.

plus it picks up pretty well again after season 3. after season 1, AMC slashed their budget so they were stuck on that stupid farm for way too long. The budget is back!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I thought yesterday's episode was great, one of the best in a long time IMO. They had sort of lost me for awhile a couple seasons ago, but since they got to Alexendria I'm fully on board again.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't know why I keep watching this show.
I still fast foward through 50% of the episode. I get the same experience.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I thought the episode was awesome. To me, the show is generally very good, but then they air an excellent episode like this. I keep getting amazed over and over.

It may not be one of the best shows around, but damn is it captivating. No other show gets me pumped up during and afterwards like this does.

I guess Rick is at his best when he gets screwed by the writers. :)

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
thats basically the comic- one disaster to the next.

plus it picks up pretty well again after season 3. after season 1, AMC slashed their budget so they were stuck on that stupid farm for way too long. The budget is back!

I've watched everything up to the latest episode, it just no longer interests me. It's a show without a storyline, might have been ok 20 years ago but I don't like those types of shows any more. Maybe it works as a comic but as a show it's become really sucky.

The whole plot about there being a cure of some type should have been real imo. That could have made it interesting for a few seasons at least.

Last edited: