The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

Much better written than the S03 finale.

Last edited:

PopeCuervoLime

Avid Neo-Expert
15 Year Member
After the anti-climactic Season 3 ending, the unnecessary killing of Andrea, and the canning of the original show runners, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about Season 4.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
I'll watch the first 3-4 episodes, then decide to either stick with it or just quit.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Well, that was really a pathetic season debut.

I fell asleep I was so bored.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
yeah the premiere was terrible. it's like they just don't care & know people will watch it anyway because it's the walking dead.
even the comic book has been disappointing lately dragging on the whole 'negan' thing.

what a shame

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Last Sunday's episode - I had no clue that it was going to go that direction. I'm back in. I am ready for the ride. The show did what I didn't think it was interested in doing.

Spoiler:
The governor redeemed himself

The show has already proved to be an alternate universe from the comics. In a butterfly effect kind of way, this shouldn't really surprise anyone. But it still surprised me.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Yeah that was a good episode. I kept waiting for them to fuck it up and cut to the prison but nope.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I enjoy prisons as much as the next person, but they really need to move on(which looks like it may not happen until the end of this season). Last sundays' episode was by far the best this season. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the show shifting away from Rick & Co and focusing around ol' Gov'na instead.

hitorkori

Cheng's Errand Boy
all thru last ep I was thinking snake every time the governor was on until he shaved!

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
this past episode was very refreshing and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season now. If any of you don't watch talking dead after the show, I highly recommend it.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
this past episode was very refreshing and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season now. If any of you don't watch talking dead after the show, I highly recommend it.

I can't stand Hardwick's hosting style for this material (although I liked him on Web Soup and when he guested on AOTS). I much prefer Kurt Sutter's approach with his Sons of Anarchy after-show on the web. Then again, he's the show runner and not just a paid talking parrot, so you're always going to get more fascinating discussion that way. I am happy Hardwick ahs fuond a good gig following the demise of G4, which had been bad for a long time anyway.

As for this season, I've found myself really enjoying it. It's still not the best show I've ever seen, and I still prefer the comic, but I have really enjoyed the story, the narrative elements and the pacing. Some thing it's slow, but I'm digging it.

I don't know that I needed an entire episode on the Governor, and I'd disagree that they redeemed him (being reborn is not the same as paying for your crimes), but I am very curious to see where they go with it and will watch it to see how it plays out.

I personally would welcome a drastically different difection from the comic here. Rather than there being a massive gunfight at the prison gate, it'd be neat to see the Governor's rebirth as a metaphor for humanity emerging in a hopeless world. It's a common theme of the best zombie stories, and rarely do we see it told from this point fo view.

Normally, the antagonists of these types of stories just spiral further and further into madness, and it's up to the protagonists to choose humanity over survival. So it's interesting that the spiritual reformation of a villain is another form of expressnig this narrative device.

My guess: The Governor dies doing something good to help the three girls survive, and probably join Rick's group before it's all said and done.

Wonder if we'll ever see Carol again, or if getting rid of the actress was a symbolic 'wiping the slate clean' of all of Darabont's choices for secondary cast. They're all gone now except for Rick and Carl.

I like this version of Michonne a lot more than the one in the comic, too.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
How the fuck does the governor box the shit out of two zombies with his bare hands and rip one of their heads in half and not get infected with a cut or something?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
How the fuck does the governor box the shit out of two zombies with his bare hands and rip one of their heads in half and not get infected with a cut or something?

Everyone is already infected.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
My guess is that the Governor is still a sadistic bastard that's going to get that little girl killed. Also, isn't he the one feeding those infected rats to the walkers?

Regardless, I do like this version of the Governor They've made him creepier as he gains the trust of others while the comic version made him out to be a complete, one dimensional bastard.

I was wondering how they would play Rick's hand injury into the show and liked how it occurred. The show really feels like an alternate universe to the comic.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Season 4 is shaping up to be the best one yet.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Regardless, I do like this version of the Governor They've made him creepier as he gains the trust of others while the comic version made him out to be a complete, one dimensional bastard.

Now, was Rick as one dimensional in the comics as he is in the show, because that's the way I have felt about him for the past 2 seasons. He needs all too much prodding to actaully take action and usually by doing so, it leads to some other set of poor choices, in decent part to his inaction. Though I guess I sound like Carl now saying that...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Rick is awesome this season. He's a very complex character. Just because he isn't picking up his gun at any given moment and making decisions doesn't mean he's one dimensional.

In fact, I'd argue that if he WERE to just be 'the decision making guy', that would be more one dimensional.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Why does he have to be one of those two extremes? The current Rick is an emotional mess, an ineffectual leader until pushed way to the end. He's shown flashes of brilliance as a character and was interesting without always running and gunning all the time. Now though, he's just avoiding everything until he can't.

Hey, there's zombies on the wall and they're getting pretty thick. Sould we maybe do more than put up some door stops? Oh hey look, peapods!

Hey uh, you gotta tell Daryl you kicked his Activia spokewoman out of the camp. But first... *Fred Schneider voice* You better fix butterbeans!

I get what they are doing with the character, it's just more frustrating than interesting, when we've seen prior flashes of brilliance.