The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It's just sad that they telegraphed the death so badly. All he was missing was a phaser and a cheesy metal hallway to fall down in.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Oscar had potential. Axel is at least looking as creepy as he should.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I would go with the "Merle is a traitor" line being a work. Except for the fact that Merle lied to the governor about Michonne being dead dead.

So the Gov does have reason to get rid of Merle.

At this point in time it's just laughable and will show up more and more in articles about the show that networks do not want to be painted as, last nights episode so far is one of the best episodes of the season thus far but it also makes the writers look like some dumb asses

No!!!! we don't Stereotype our characters!!!! One of our Lead Characters is an attractive, strong-headed, black female!

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Axel is at least looking as creepy as he should.

Spoiler:
So will Axel make an 'interesting' move on Beth? I can't remember his name but in the books there was the pedo who raped and murdered one of the girls. Could this be Axel?

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Glad the original writers were let go halfway through season 2. The show is so much better now. Sux Oscar had to go, but his replacement (Cutty from The Wire) is a step up. Carl has been great this season, as well as most of the cast. The only weak character left is Andrea.
I can't wait to see what happens in the 2nd half.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Got to see The Walking Dead panel in NOLA Wizard World Comic Con. It was with Norman Reedus, Jon Bernthal, and Michael Rooker. Michael had me cracking the hell up during the whole thing. It was during Sunday afternoon this week, so there were a lot of funny answers to what people asked about what will happen in that nights mid-season finale episode.

I could tell that they got fucked up on Bourbon Street the previous night and probably were still a little loopy. Jon sounded like his brain was starting to shutdown, lol. Norman didn't say much and Michael was sharp as a tack though.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
This "mid-season" crap is bullshit

They probably don't want to air episodes during the holiday season. The numbers are huge for this show. It's beating all other programming on TV for scripted television, meaning only sports and events are getting more watchers on Sundays. I'm sure they don't want a string of episodes where viewership is down due to holiday programming. Those dips in viewership, regardless of the reason, never look good to the bean counters. It's just a way for AMC to put another feather in their cap.

The only alternative would be to wait until February to air any episodes, and most networks only do that for shows that are 'mid season replacements, which carry a negative stigma all their own. They always want their thoroughbreds out of the gate at the start of the fall season.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Michael has become the go to guy for all public appearances, he's even trying to hustle to get the Rocket Raccoon gig for Guardians Of The Galaxy

They should get him his own Archer spinoff, fighting crime in West Virginier.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They probably don't want to air episodes during the holiday season. The numbers are huge for this show. It's beating all other programming on TV for scripted television, meaning only sports and events are getting more watchers on Sundays. I'm sure they don't want a string of episodes where viewership is down due to holiday programming. Those dips in viewership, regardless of the reason, never look good to the bean counters. It's just a way for AMC to put another feather in their cap.

The only alternative would be to wait until February to air any episodes, and most networks only do that for shows that are 'mid season replacements, which carry a negative stigma all their own. They always want their thoroughbreds out of the gate at the start of the fall season.

You also have the NFL, which also Ramps up during Dec/Jan/Feb.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You also have the NFL, which also Ramps up during Dec/Jan/Feb.

and a lot of people simply aren't at home to watch tv. They go to spend time with family out of town, or make travel arrangements. Some are lucky enough to get a whole week off between Christmas and New Years.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
So the show came back from the Festivus break last night.

Felt a bit uneven and too decompressed for my tastes. A lot of the characters were being annoying and this may have been the wrong episode for those kinds of interactions.

And are they TRYING to get me to hate Rick now? Because I'm getting irritated with him. 'Crazy Rick' just isn't working for me and it only adds a needless complication to the plot when there is already plenty going on.

Carl is still totally BA. The actor, the director and the script are able to do so much with him without him even having to say a word, and that is an accomplishment. Kid really comes off as a survivor that you are fairly confident will be 'okay' if things get worse.

He's a perfect example of a believable kid character that walks around with guns and does all the same things adults do. In so many other stories, I find it stretches credibility too much but because we've seen the character on the show for a few seasons, seeing a child have to grow up and adapt in this world, it hits just the right note.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
yeah the whole 'crazy rick' thing is a bit much. at least in the comic, he just carried around a phone that he "spoke" to his deceased wife with(that he eventually realized was insane and ditched the phone).

makes me wonder if they plan on changing things up with the group's leadership for the tv series.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
A buddy of mine and I were discussing that point the other day. We agreed that Ricks' story has run its course and in some ways its dragging the show down a little. I think the show can go on just fine without him.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thoughts?

I really enjoyed that episode. It felt as though the comradery was back, sorta, and that they all unerstand the immediacy of sticking together and warring it out with Woodbury.

Now, if they'd just get Tyrese in amongst the mix they'd be sorted - that guy just uses his bare hands to defend.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
A buddy of mine and I were discussing that point the other day. We agreed that Ricks' story has run its course and in some ways its dragging the show down a little. I think the show can go on just fine without him.

U can't have a show without Rick he da man!

They should have had a side story with zombie Shane just mooching about town munching down on random survivors!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
At least Rick admitted to Herschel that he knows Lori's not real but he needs to deal with this on his own. A MUCH better way of dealing with this plot thread.

Far more believable as well than fucking flaking out about Lori's 'ghost' while negotiating a posslble agreement with Tyrese's group.

The 'crazy Rick' story beat just doesn't work for the main character of a narrative with the pacing requirements of television. But if they intend to have this stuff in there, how they did it last night was just better.

But once it's all done, if they intend to keep Rick around on the show (and you know they will), he needs to get back to what made him strong to begin with. Or take him in a new direction. And by new, I don't mean a douchey, throw-humanity-out-the-window-and-just-survive mentality. Because, you know, fucking yawn.

Herschel and Carl are the best things about the show right now.

I'm starting to warm to Carol a bit more because she's not acting like a simpering victim anymore. Getting lost in 'the tombs' was the best thing that could have happened to her. A great machina for a believable change in the character's direction. Probably means she's going to be offed soon.

Angry Glenn doesn't work. It makes sense, but in a conventional zombie story, this is the point where the character goes over the edge and gets killed. Same could be said for Rick given where the story has put him, too.

I love that Merle will be in Grimes County Jail for a little bit. I am really curious to see the character dynamics play out.

Talking Dead is something I tried watching once and I just wanted to mute Hardwick, a host I generally like when paired with the proper material, the whole time.

And the format is all wrong. You have the actors, writes and producers of the show on. Great, good, perfect. You want to bring on Kirkman and Andrew Lincoln some time? They are involved in the show and I am interested in the creative process from their point of view.

But when they start bringing on people like Felicia Day, Kevin Smith, werewolf dude from True Blood and all these other people that aren't even connected, that's just AMC showing their balls off and saying 'See? The Walking Dead is a huge hit and look how we surround everything around it with celebrities!'

And Trey, you hit the nail on the fuckign head with the plot explanation thing. The second you have to watch Talking Dead to understand something that happened on The Walking Dead, the show has slipped in its own diarrhea.

Maybe the guest star format and the light, pseudo-comedic tone for Talking Dead works for some people, but for me it gets a F-.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The show is becoming too aware of what works, and that's going to be a problem. Basically they know that Darryl Dixon is everyone's favorite part of the show. It's going to get old. The pacing is already off with the shifting to Rick in crazy town.

Getting rid of Sparky, or whatever his name was, was really interesting. I was expecting him to blossom into something more sinister, with his changing story. He served his purpose fortifying the prison, and acting as a human shield.

I got really pissed at the firefight for not having any shots hit until the zombies came out of the clown car. The governor wasn't really trying, and that seemed obvious. But everyone else was really that rattled? Even Stone-cold Carl? Little man has ice nuts but can't fire a gun too well unless it's his mom point blank?

I though the best part of the show was the battle on the bridge. Needed Hashiue no Tatakai playing in the background. It perfectly encapsulated how the focus of the show is currently the character of Darryl, with his foil Merle behind him loafing lazily through the battle. Merle would have let those people get killed, the same way he let Darryl get abused as a child by their dad. I guess that, like Cheryl being locked in the closet, this was a good machina to get Merle into the group again. I am not sure if he's infiltrating under orders from the governor or if the governor legitimately was trying to have him killed for lying about Bob Marley not being dead.

I don't bother with talking dead. I don't think anyone needs to.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
really enjoyed this ending scene

the whole coming to terms with what was obvious to everyone else but Rick is nice, you can't save everyone all the time and also, some people simply don't care to be saved.