The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rick with those killer one liners.

They are moving along with Ricks character really fast compared to the comic. I feel like he didn't become this cold until near the end of the prison saga. The show is really setting itself apart and I'm loving that.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
He's not that cold.

He and Lori are having marital issues. Is he suddeny supposed to forget about all of that just because they're trying to survive?

He's making it as comfortable as he can for her. But right now, he doesn't owe her any more compassion than anyone else in the group. Probably less, in fact.

As for how he treated the prisoners, they just became neighbors with convicts and he's got people to take care of. In the new world, he aint got time for noboby's bullshit.

Finally, he saved Herschel's life and was visibly moved by Herschel's reaction. This shows that Rick is just adjusting to this new existence while holding on to the person that he is at his basic core.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
He's not that cold.

He and Lori are having marital issues. Is he suddeny supposed to forget about all of that just because they're trying to survive?

He's making it as comfortable as he can for her. But right now, he doesn't owe her any more compassion than anyone else in the group. Probably less, in fact.

As for how he treated the prisoners, they just became neighbors with convicts and he's got people to take care of. In the new world, he aint got time for noboby's bullshit.

Finally, he saved Herschel's life and was visibly moved by Herschel's reaction. This shows that Rick is just adjusting to this new existence while holding on to the person that he is at his basic core.

I remember Rick being a bit more covert with his cold blooded murder in the comic. I mean of course I could see post prison Rick doing something far more heinous (because THAT Rick doesn't give a fuck) TV Rick slamming machetes in melons because shit happens this early on feels off but refreshing. I really don't give a fuck about his marital problems and I don't think Rick cares either.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Spoiler:
i wonder if rick will lose his hand in the tv series also

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
We see what comic book Rick endures during the winter. We have no clue what went on during the winter that affected tvshow Rick.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I remember Rick being a bit more covert with his cold blooded murder in the comic. I mean of course I could see post prison Rick doing something far more heinous (because THAT Rick doesn't give a fuck) TV Rick slamming machetes in melons because shit happens this early on feels off but refreshing. I really don't give a fuck about his marital problems and I don't think Rick cares either.

Of course Rick cares about his marital problems.

Despite the analysis that he's somehow become some kind of cold hearted bastard, he still has a conscience.

Rick didn't kill those guys because he's an asshole now. He killed them because he couldn't live next door to a guy that tried to kill him when that guy is the leader of a neighbor faction.

Rick knows that eventually, a group led by a guy that tried to kill him would collude and continue to undermine him and would probably eventually sway everyone to his cause. Rick is responsible for women and children, not the least of which is his own son.

Rick couldn't take that chance. Lori told him he wasn't a killer, and it was partly to try to help him deal with how things are going down in the 'present' and partly to help with how they went down with Shane.

The stakes are too high for Rick to fuck around, but if the convicts would have kept their end of the bargain, Rick wouldn't have had to kill any of them.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Other than the scene where the Governor and his henchmen took out that military crew, I really liked Episode 3.
Season 3 has been surprisingly good, imo. Glad to see the story moving along.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Other than the scene where the Governor and his henchmen took out that military crew, I really liked Episode 3.
Season 3 has been surprisingly good, imo. Glad to see the story moving along.

i LOVED this episode. why did you not care for the army slaughter? i kind of saw that coming, but i still dug the scene.

oh. and fishtanks.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Yeah, so whats up with those fish tanks?

Is he some kind of sick fuck who gets off on that shit or what?

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Yeah, so whats up with those fish tanks?

Is he some kind of sick fuck who gets off on that shit or what?

Yes, so much so that there's things in the comic he did that they will not even come close to touching, that's the tamest thing about him right there

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
he's honestly a saint compared to the comic version...

;)

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
i LOVED this episode. why did you not care for the army slaughter?

100% of them were looking around all helpless. If these guys had any training, I'm sure the Governor would have left with some injuries.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
100% of them were looking around all helpless. If these guys had any training, I'm sure the Governor would have left with some injuries.

That's exactly what I was thinking. How can a group with such military training be taken by such surprise. They deserved it!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

fair. surprise attack and all- they should have at least gotten a shot off.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Episode was great, until the Governor and his men killed the soldiers. They didn't need to have such an improbable event as this to show he's a bad guy, and it was far too unbelievable, given everything else.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Episode was great, until the Governor and his men killed the soldiers. They didn't need to have such an improbable event as this to show he's a bad guy, and it was far too unbelievable, given everything else.

they were probably thinking "well.. we can't have him raping michonne every time he appears & making out with his zombie daughter... let's just have him kill soldiers"

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
they were probably thinking "well.. we can't have him raping michonne every time he appears & making out with his zombie daughter... let's just have him kill soldiers"

Yeah, you're probably right about that.

I think they should have just had him murder a couple of soldiers sitting on a huge stockpile, hiding it and hoping no one found them. That way, they could have shown the governor was still a bad man who wanted loot and guns but didn't want anybody that might be a threat to the willing authority others have given him. And the show wouldn't have had to go with the improbable scenario that played out as we saw it.

It's not like killing twenty soldiers makes him worse than just killing two scared, nervous and anxious soldiers. The act itself is evil enough. 'Moar killing' doesn't make him 'moar evil' in this case.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i figured out how it works.

Spoiler:
you can only kill the black guy if you have another black guy to replace him with

also:

Spoiler:
about time that bitch died

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Spoiler:
you can only kill the black guy if you have another black guy to replace him with

also:

Spoiler:

Same reaction as me and my friends about that token shit.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Since I was away in Vegas I didn't notice that Dish Network finally got AMC back. I guess almost half a year of AMC putting out anti Dish Network adds finally paid off. The stupid f'n DVR didn't bother taping the newest episode tonight even though I had the whole thing set to "New Episodes" since the first one aired. Hopefully they'll re-air the ones I missed. I'm not going to start watching the one tonight.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Spoiler:

also:

Spoiler:

Exactly. They telegraphed the hell out of both events.