The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
well that was one of the worst episodes i have seen.

it was full of nothing, bad handling of the dead, carelessness, and a semi-iteresting scene with survivors that could have been done a lot better.

i expected more of veteran survivors of the zom-pocalypse.

welcome back?

This probably isn't the show for you.

Personally I enjoyed this episode a lot. The bar scene was really gripping. Things seemed to get out of hand, and there are clearly other people out there who have accepted and adapted to the new rules of the world, which was something that Herschel, wearing his suit and tie, have not done. I thought it was a great contrast. No zombie could be scarier than Tony asking "you guys got any cooz? I haven't gotten any in weeks."

Ninjatemper

King's Dry Cleaner

Personally I enjoyed this episode a lot. The bar scene was really gripping. Things seemed to get out of hand, and there are clearly other people out there who have accepted and adapted to the new rules of the world, which was something that Herschel, wearing his suit and tie, have not done. I thought it was a great contrast. No zombie could be scarier than Tony asking "you guys got any cooz? I haven't gotten any in weeks."

I enjoyed it too. I think the bar scene is the best scene in the show so far. It's the scene that lets the audience know that Walkers are not the biggest fear anymore - a lack of social organization and law are. Herschel being in that bar to witness the event is important too. He's the anti-thesis to the type of men that Rick shot in the bar. He was the only character who was clinging to hope for returning the world to how it once was. He won't be able to be that man anymore and neither will the audience.

I haven't read the novels so I have no insight in that regard, but I think it's a safe bet that violence between survivors is going to become the main theme of the show. It's been slow going at times, but I think the show is going to pick up the pace now.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

Agreed. I really enjoyed the episode. My only complaint was Lori getting in a car wreck. I rolled my eyes and let out a huge sigh when that happened. Other than that, I thought it was top notch. It felt a lot like the comic in that you're starting to realize that the living can be more of a problem than the dead.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I haven't read the novels so I have no insight in that regard, but I think it's a safe bet that violence between survivors is going to become the main theme of the show.

It's the main theme of the comics. I am wondering about the foreshadowing from Dale saying that Shane will do it again.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

dont get me wrong- i have been enjoying this show overall since it started. I rewatched the episode. It still didnt grab me. It felt a lot more like those filler episodes we have come to expect from the middle of a season. I have high hopes for next week, based on the previews- there was just a lot of things i didnt like about this one. There is a lot of foreshadowing in the episode, i just felt like there could have been a lot more done in that hour.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Show needs more clipping, glitchy quest lines, monster closets and bad voice acting.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Gonna agree with the bar scene being one of the best parts of the show since the first episode. Also the eye rolling Lori car crash, that was total bullshit.

Not a bad episode overall though and there were enough developments that it looks like the farm shit will be over soon and they all might finally be moving on.

Eh, the show is what it is. I still watch it every week and plan to keep doing so.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Eh, the show is what it is. I still watch it every week and plan to keep doing so.

It's managed to keep my interest as well. I love the relationship dynamics and seeing how people are socially adjusting to a world where the only order is that which they make. It's what I love so much about Romero's movies. The zombies could be any threat, even just sick people with no minds, and I'd still probably like it just as much.

I've said the same thing about Mobile Suit Gundam. If everyone was just flying futuristic jets and tanks in it but the characters, story and sociopolitical arena were the same, I would still watch it.

My wife is trying to turn me on to Alcatraz right now and I just can't really get into it. She also wants me to give shows like Supernatural, Being Human and Warehouse 13 a chance, but I think I just need something that is more character driven these days. Also, maturity is a big plus for me. After Spartacus, Game of Thrones and The Borgias (which took a few eps to get going but which I now absolutely love,) and even more mature themed manga like Berserk and Vagabond, I really need to watch uncompromising television to be invested.

I feel that The Walking Dead is at a good 'middle ground' there. It's violent enough and the relationships are gritty enough to keep me interested-it doesn't feel completely watered down, like those other shows. I'm no longer even comparing this to the comic anymore and wondering when plot A or B might happen. If they never find the prison and do something else instead, I'll be okay with that. Same with if they ever find Tyrese and Michonne or not.

But Savini needs to be in this show. And regularly.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
I'm not expecting a lot of the series by now, all I'll say is... it could have been a lot worse for the first episode of the season...
The whole bar situation really put a few topics in perspective for a couple of characters I believe, I liked it.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
So I missed the marathon this past wknd and was really hoping I can catch up on the series because I missed the entire 2nd season. I've read it was not that good but want to catch up to the story still.

Eric

Fight On!,
Agreed. I really enjoyed the episode. My only complaint was Lori getting in a car wreck. I rolled my eyes and let out a huge sigh when that happened. Other than that, I thought it was top notch. It felt a lot like the comic in that you're starting to realize that the living can be more of a problem than the dead.

In the next episode of The Walking Dead...

The_Kimberly_9891.jpg

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Have they left the farm yet? So bored with this show and I really wanted to like it. Really hope it picks up.

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
From what I got from the latest episode it doesn't look like they are going anywhere for now.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Im still pissed we wasted like 5 episodes looking for that girl.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Too tired or lazy to type up anything significant about last week's episode, but I did like it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Too tired or lazy to type up anything significant about last week's episode, but I did like it.

Glen is getting more fleshed out this season. He's showing that he's vulnerable in this new world when he has something to lose.

I feel like Laura is playing the part of Iago with Rick - Shane doesn't have to die, he has to wake up and get over himself. But Laura would prefer to have him erased altogether. It's clear that Rick now feels that it what he has to do to protect her. He telling him that Shane doesn't think Rick can protect them is like an indirect challenge to Rick, egging him on. Typical women stuff, getting men to fight over her. Fact is, you know that if Rick dies, she'll be with Shane. She's a terrible person. Needs to die.

The scouts are pretty scary. They're foreshadowing the next stage in the story. Probably skipping the prison to get there, although it would be nice if things weren't so linear. It doesn't have to be.

I love when Hershel goes back to the farm and Maggie runs out. Such a great shot.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm starting to really like the show. I'll take the dynamics between the living over shooting random zombies any day of the week. I felt the last scene with Lori was typical middle school shit, though. "So-and-so said this about you, and that you can't do this very well." I hope the showdown between Rick and Shane happen next to some monkey bars, with Lori twirling her hair as she watches on.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
My wife is trying to turn me on to Alcatraz right now and I just can't really get into it. She also wants me to give shows like Supernatural, Being Human and Warehouse 13 a chance, but I think I just need something that is more character driven these days. Also, maturity is a big plus for me. After Spartacus, Game of Thrones and The Borgias (which took a few eps to get going but which I now absolutely love,) and even more mature themed manga like Berserk and Vagabond, I really need to watch uncompromising television to be invested.

Yep, I only watched up to the Sniper episode of Alcatraz. It looks like one of those stories that will frustrate you on what is really going on throughout just like Lost.

As for Supernatural... seriously, give it a chance. Start with season 1 and it starts to get really good in season 2-3. At first it is mostly ghosts and some monsters. Later on they fight Paegan Gods and it gets more involved with Demons. It is very character driven actually with Sam and Dean, along with their other companions. It's one of my favorite shows right now. I can't believe they came out with a 7th season after announcing the 6th being the last one a while back.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Liked this past episode. The dumb kid, not so much. That's all I can say right now.

Also Taiso, give Supernatural a chance. It starts off pretty goofy, but it then gets on a roll. TBH, I stopped watching it around the 3rd season, but it's good stuff.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Where's this weeks rant from cdamm??

been a little busy. also i dont think im that much of a ranter on this thread? i just didnt like last weeks episode that much. oh well. Cant please everybody all the time.

anyway- i enjoyed this weeks episode. They fixed the stupid lori situation and forces ricks hand with shane. There was good action. Saving that attacker was interesting and adds some complexity to their situation. Glenn pushing away from maggie was also kind of interesting.

but yeah- the story is back on the move.

Also Taiso, give Supernatural a chance. It starts off pretty goofy, but it then gets on a roll. TBH, I stopped watching it around the 3rd season, but it's good stuff.

i like supernatural a bunch! i fell off around season 3 or 4 due to other shows i was watching and at the time i could only record 2 things at once. I got caught up on netflix streaming. its quite the fun little ride!

Last edited:

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Maybe spoiler here....

Spoiler:
I read that the actor who plays Shane is going to be in another TV show. Unless he's going to be filming 2 TV shows, they might be going to kill off Shane.

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
been a little busy. also i dont think im that much of a ranter on this thread? i just didnt like last weeks episode that much. oh well. Cant please everybody all the time.

Don't know what else to call it, but it's an entertaining read ;)

I too love supernatural. I watched up untill Season 3 and got distracted by Heroes. Introduced Supernatural to my girlfriend, which normally doesn't like shows like that, and she got hooked. We watched it all over from the start and we now follow it weekly. It's a really great show with good characters and it has a badass soundtrack. I will admit though that it's getting a little over the top now, and hope that Season 7 is the final season as I don't want it to be ruined like other shows that kept it on for a few seasons too long.